Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone have experience with the Ultimate Trailer?

I'm not exactly happy with the modified trailer that I'm currently using to tow my F-3 on. I'm thinking about replacing it. If anyone has used the Ultimate Trailer, I'd like their viewpoint on it. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have experience with an Ultimate Trailer?

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with these?
    Give it some time for some to post you have two threads on this topic

Spyder Garage

Yes, I've had mine for several years and numerous happy miles. Great to load and unload, spyder rides very secure and trailers well behind various pick-up trucks and campers. Very nice people to deal with. Can only say good things about my experiences with this trailer. Highly recommend.

".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

Default Recent Order

I have one on order, awaiting delivery. Folks are really nice. But delivery does take a while. I believe they don't build them until they are ordered. Mine was supposed to be delivered before Spyderfest but its been delayed. So if you order one make sure you give them 4-6 weeks.
    2019 F3T , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default I know

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Give it some time for some to post you have two threads on this topic
    Just wanted to cover as many people as possible, I don't know if non-F-3 riders look at the F-3 forum.

Spyder Garage

I also have one on order. I'm expecting them to contact me soon for a shipping date. I was a little concerned about the way they planned on delivery to me. They were going to build it and as they approached a shipping date, they were going to contact a motorcycle dealership "near me". There it would be shipped for final assembly and delivery. I insisted on knowing where ahead of ordering, so I contacted a trailer sales company nearby that was willing for the right compensation. They worked out the details and came to an agreement. After they received payment and the order was confirmed, I was sent a testing device to verify my tow vehicle and the trailer's wiring would be compatible along with a wire to run direct 12V power to the connection.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://the-ultimate-trailers.com/

They are a really nice-looking rig.

But I'd still rather ride my Spyder!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Nice Trailer

I have had mine for over a year now. Pulls very smooth. Very easy load unload and tie down. I store the spyder on the trailer when not riding, takes less space in my garage.

Spyder Garage

Default price

I just got a quote on a ultimate trailer. $6,800.00 plus tax and license for one with LED lights, and the SE package. $800.00 for transportation alone. I guess I'll stick with my utility trailer and modify it a bit more. The Ultimate Trailer looks wonderful, but at a quarter the cost of a new bike, it's out of my league.

Spyder Garage

After taking delivery a few weeks ago, we finally had a chance to use our new trailer yesterday. Loaded up and drove 1 1/2 hours north to Conway, NH. The police department was kind enough to let us park in their lot while we took a ride: crossed the Kancamagus Highway, rode up through the notches and back down to the Mount Washington Hotel for lunch. Afterwards came back to Conway via Bear Notch Road. It was a beautiful day.
    The trailer pulled very easy and very steady. Looking forward to it's next outing!DSCN3330.jpgDSCN3332.jpgDSCN3338.jpg
    2016 RT-S Special Series

New Orleans Westbank - Belle Chasse, La 70037
    Spyder Garage

Default Pictures - Please

Why don't you guys like adding pictures to your post??? It make a world of difference Just saying

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybarton View Post
    Why don't you guys like adding pictures to your post??? It make a world of difference Just saying
    yes but how do you do that
    2018 F3s , Gold

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Or

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    I just got a quote on a ultimate trailer. $6,800.00 plus tax and license for one with LED lights, and the SE package. $800.00 for transportation alone. I guess I'll stick with my utility trailer and modify it a bit more. The Ultimate Trailer looks wonderful, but at a quarter the cost of a new bike, it's out of my league.
    You could just ryde the darn motorcycle!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I have about 500 miles on mine now and I do love it. It tows very smooth. We just had some vinyl added to it today to make it ours.
    IMG_2655.jpgIMG_2656.jpgIMG_2659.jpg
    2016 RT-S Special Series

Spyder Garage

How do you like the trailer? I am considering getting one.
    Thanks,
    Fred

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-WA View Post
    How do you like the trailer? I am considering getting one.
    Thanks,
    Fred
    I am actually conflicted about my opinion for this trailer. I do like the way it loads and unloads since there are no ramps to contend with. I like the way it tows. It tracks behind my truck effortlessly and the air suspension absorbs the shocks and jolts of the road.

However, I have had problems since I last posted anything about this trailer. In July of last year, I trailered my Spyder from New Hampshire to the Deadwood 3 Wheeled Rally in South Dakota. I made it as far as Sioux Falls until I had my first problem.
    A weld had failed on the right swing arm. This swing arm is integral to the operation of the raising and lowering operation. As a result, the swing arm tore into the fender causing damage. I got it fixed and continued to the rally.
    When I went to leave Deadwood, the onboard compressor would not operate. I did get it inflated with a spare compressor I brought with me and supplemented at gas stations for the trip home. I found the culprit was a short in the wiring just before the compressor.
    Then last fall, on a shorter trip to western Massachusetts, the trailer suffered quickened deflation and blown fuses to the trailer. The mechanic that repaired it said there was a foreign object in the dump valve that caused the air lose and also found another short in the wiring closer to the tongue.

I will say that when I contacted the company about my problems, they did reimburse my expenses and replaced the damaged fender.

While I have been told they had some personnel issues in 2017 when my trailer was built, as a result of these problems, I will have a heightened level of anxiety the next time I use this trailer.

Good luck

Lin
    2016 RT-S Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With that comment about personnel issues they should take the trailer back and go over the whole thing and make sure it's done right. Can't hurt to call and ask them.

Spyder Garage

I almost bought an Ultimate - they seem quite nice. However, it is so wide it wouldn't fit through my garage door. Bought a Drop-Tail instead, which is both narrower and shorter, yet long and wide enough for my RT. Also significantly cheaper for something that will only see very occasional use. There may be a narrower Ultimate Trailer available, though. Ask them.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought a used Adventure Trailer back in 2012 from the original owner who bought it in 2007/2008...(?). The Adventure Trailer was manufactured, I believe, in Colorado as is the Ultimate. When Adventure went out of business (or perhaps was bought out by Ultimate - I'm not sure what the history is, they kept the same basic design but added the folding feature which looks to me like a real plus to have if you've got limited space. I WAS looking at their enclosed trailer as a possibility, but that model seems to have been dropped from their product line, as it is no longer mentioned anywhere that I can find on their website.... Anyway, I can tell you that the drive-on/drive-off option is far superior to ramps of any kind. The fact that, should the pump fail, you still have the ability to raise the bed with one of those battery-powered air compressors really adds to the confidence factor. I have not traveled thousands of mile with it at a shot, but it has served well with the limited trailering that I have done. They also build a longer version for Slingshots and other small vehicles.

Spyder Garage

I have used my Ultimate trailer to pull my Honda Valkyrie the last three years approximately 3000 miles. The only issues were a broken brake lite wire in the plugin to the truck and a tire that blew out on the interstate. Unfortunately it's not wide enough for my RTL so I ordered an Aluma tk1 which is $3800 vs, $5100 for a new Ultimate.

Spyder Garage

Where'd u get the graphics?
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Still loving our Ultimate! RT-S and Ryker Rally both just fit. Front end width is such that we do not have to move the wheel stops when switching bikes. Have only used it three times, but bought it used for cheap.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2022 at 05:10 PM. Reason: it ;-)
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    You could just ryde the darn motorcycle!
    We pulled ours behind the RV on a long journey and have used it at least once to get a bike home that was acting up.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2022 at 05:09 PM. Reason: ours??
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.