Spyder Garage

Default Travel tips please...

Lamonster post earlier that BRP dealers have a nice PAC promotion running right now. It's up to 50% off on selected RS & ST accessories! Since I have a 2009 RS I am interested in finding some bargains.

A good time for me to check out some different Spyder dealerships would be on my way to the BRP Homecoming in June. I have a list of dealers but I was hoping others that know of dealers that have a large inventory of RS accessories would let me know about them so I could check out their sales.

I have not set my route in stone on getting to Valcourt but I am going from SE Missouri through Illinois, Indiana and possibly to Detroit to cross into Canada. However, I can stay south of the Great Lakes and travel northeast and cross into Canada closer to the BRP headquarters (part of the fun is planning the trip). I also plan to stop at Niagara Falls too. If anyone has thoughts on what to do, see, or where to stay at Niagara Falls then I would appreciate their feedback too. I have not been to that area before this trip.

Spyder Garage

Default Travel tip

You may wish to consider avoiding the GTA or the Toronto area due to traffic and associated stress of having to get across the city. Have a good trip !

Spyder Garage

If you are looking for specific items, it may be well to contact the dealer ahead of time. Most dealers do not carry much or any of the special merchandise. I believe the sale is subject to merchandise on hand. No special orders to get the special prices.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong. A good sale, if you can find the stuff.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We visited Niagara Falls several years ago because it was a Bucket List item and would highly recommend staying on the Canadian side. The town is clean and pleasant as opposed to the U.S. side which we found to be seedy and rather unclean. Just our opinion, but if we go there again we will surely stay on the Canadian side of the falls. We stayed at the Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa and, although it was a bit costly, it was worth every Canadian penny just for the view from the 14th floor. And, the exchange rate is favorable for the U.S. dollar now which makes it even better. Toady the Canadian dollar is worth 73 cents U.S. That's our two cents - American!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would cross over at Buffalo and follow the QEW to Niagara Falls. Stay below the lake and go through Ohio and Pennsylvania to Buffalo, Ny.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the information!

Arion, great to hear about your bucket list story on visiting Niagara Falls. It will be a special trip for me because my mom and dad were going to Niagara Falls on their honeymoon but ran out of money before they got to visit the area and had to return home. I will be going to complete their trip for them in spirit since they have both passed away. I appreciate your input.

I also appreciate everyone's input on traveling that part of the country because I have never been to the northeast part of our country by car or bike (just flew in & out of airports in the region).