Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

If it ever stops raining here I will do the test on Mushu. Engine off, kill switch off, driving lights off. I hope you have the answer. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Canbus filters arrived yesterday evening. Plug and play install was simple and easy. Only had to remove the access panels to get to the LED/OEM harness connectors. Filters fixed the poor to non-existant radio reception.

Big shout out to Reggy Tan (TricLED). Contacted Reggy on Wednesday, May 3rd, and explained the issue. Reggy provided/shipped the Canbus filters at no cost to me on Thursday, May 4th. Filters arrived in the mail on Saturday, May 6th and installed same day in about 15 minutes. Beta tested yesterday and today during a ryde. Favorite radio station came in loud and clear. Reggy and his crew provide state of the art products and, without question, world class customer service! Thanks Reggy.
    Do you have any part numbers? Would be nice to find some out there. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    If it ever stops raining here I will do the test on Mushu. Engine off, kill switch off, driving lights off. I hope you have the answer. Tom
    Tom, use your kill switch to shut down the engine but leave the key on. All front lights stay on for a minute or so then just the headlights turn off. That's when my radio came to life so the culprit was the LED headlights.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Do you have any part numbers? Would be nice to find some out there. Tom
    If you Google LED noise filters and not Can Bus noise filters you will find all sorts of info related to electrical noise from the LED power supplies.

Seems, often they install a ferrite coil around the power and ground wires to supress the noise.

The company selling the LEDs should have plug and play noise filters or if you know the part number of the oem halogen bulb, find filters that fit that connector type.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    If you Google LED noise filters and not Can Bus noise filters you will find all sorts of info related to electrical noise from the LED power supplies.

Seems, often they install a ferrite coil around the power and ground wires to supress the noise.

The company selling the LEDs should have plug and play noise filters or if you know the part number of the oem halogen bulb, find filters that fit that connector type.

Ferrite coil doesn't work. What baffles me. Radio no good here at home. Radio works fine in Nashville and the surrounding area. Worked great in Springfield at Spyderfest. WTH? Tom

Spyder Garage

Ferrite coil doesn't work. What baffles me. Radio no good here at home. Radio works fine in Nashville and the surrounding area. Worked great in Springfield at Spyderfest. WTH? Tom
    Stop listening to AM? Yours sounds more like an antenna issue, or true reception problem.

For comparison, do other vehicles you own also lose the signal near the same area as the Spyder? Your situation might need the boosted antena.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Stop listening to AM? Yours sounds more like an antenna issue, or true reception problem.

For comparison, do other vehicles you own also lose the signal near the same area as the Spyder? Your situation might need the boosted antena.

FM radio. Both cars come in fine. Tom

Spyder Garage

Tom, use your kill switch to shut down the engine but leave the key on. All front lights stay on for a minute or so then just the headlights turn off. That's when my radio came to life so the culprit was the LED headlights.

Ok, I did this with my F3 Limited. Immediately after hitting the kill switch, the radio station came in clear. I also had turned off the led driving lights before hitting the kill switch. Did this twice. Both times after hitting the kill switch, the radio worked fine. The headlights tuned off, no difference. The led fender lights never shut off. Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ok, I did this with my F3 Limited. Immediately after hitting the kill switch, the radio station came in clear. I also had turned off the led driving lights before hitting the kill switch. Did this twice. Both times after hitting the kill switch, the radio worked fine. The headlights tuned off, no difference. The led fender lights never shut off. Tom
    Looks like your gremlin ain't your headlights. Your LED fender lights are stock. Doesn't appear that the culprit is the driving (fog ?) lights since you have the radio interference with then on or off. Does your radio interference get worse when you rev your engine? If so, that may indicate some sort of engine related interference. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck, Tom.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Looks like your gremlin ain't your headlights. Your LED fender lights are stock. Doesn't appear that the culprit is the driving (fog ?) lights since you have the radio interference with then on or off. Does your radio interference get worse when you rev your engine? If so, that may indicate some sort of engine related interference. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck, Tom.

LED fender lights are "Custom Dynamics". And the static doesn't get worse with revving the engine. Biggest difference to date. Riding in Nashville, TN., and Springfield MO., the radio worked great. Using a music thing a magig plugged into the USB in the glove box, radio plays fine. Picked up a top box and amp at Spyderfest. If I can figure out the install, should be interesting. Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

LED fender lights are "Custom Dynamics". And the static doesn't get worse with revving the engine. Biggest difference to date. Riding in Nashville, TN., and Springfield MO., the radio worked great. Using a music thing a magig plugged into the USB in the glove box, radio plays fine. Picked up a top box and amp at Spyderfest. If I can figure out the install, should be interesting. Tom
    So, your fender lights are the side and rear marker lights from CD? I have them as well and they weren't the cause of my radio interference. Getting good reception in Springfield and Nashville may have been the stations you were listening to. There is 1 station here that is the most powerful station in the area and I could pick it up just fine, but no others. I can't offer any other explanation as to why you got good reception out there but not in PA. The best of luck to you with the top box/amp install.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question Pic of the Filters

Canbus filters arrived yesterday evening. Plug and play install was simple and easy. Only had to remove the access panels to get to the LED/OEM harness connectors. Filters fixed the poor to non-existant radio reception.

Big shout out to Reggy Tan (TricLED). Contacted Reggy on Wednesday, May 3rd, and explained the issue. Reggy provided/shipped the Canbus filters at no cost to me on Thursday, May 4th. Filters arrived in the mail on Saturday, May 6th and installed same day in about 15 minutes. Beta tested yesterday and today during a ryde. Favorite radio station came in loud and clear. Reggy and his crew provide state of the art products and, without question, world class customer service! Thanks Reggy.
    I am curious about this radio issue as I appear to have a possible problem with some other aftermarket LEDs and the CB. Right now, at BRPs request, I am running with only the High Mount Tail light installed as BRP just finished replacing the following (under warranty):
    • The CB (twice), I am on my third unit
    • The entertainment harness
    • The radio
    • Reimbursed me for, and installed, the J&M antenna upgrade kit

They agreed to all of this with the condition that I unplug ALL the aftermarket LEDs ... which I did and am taking my time plugging them back in. First was the High Mount Tail light ... felt pretty safe with this one since it I had one on my 2012 RT and never had problems with the CB. Next will be the mirror LEDs and then the rear run / brake/ turn set will be last. I am worried that one of these may produce interference and am curious about what I might have to do in order to remedy the situation. A

Do you happen to have a picture of the "canbus filter"?

Thank you .... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    I am curious about this radio issue as I appear to have a possible problem with some other aftermarket LEDs and the CB. Right now, at BRPs request, I am running with only the High Mount Tail light installed as BRP just finished replacing the following (under warranty):
    • The CB (twice), I am on my third unit
    • The entertainment harness
    • The radio
    • Reimbursed me for, and installed, the J&M antenna upgrade kit

They agreed to all of this with the condition that I unplug ALL the aftermarket LEDs ... which I did and am taking my time plugging them back in. First was the High Mount Tail light ... felt pretty safe with this one since it I had one on my 2012 RT and never had problems with the CB. Next will be the mirror LEDs and then the rear run / brake/ turn set will be last. I am worried that one of these may produce interference and am curious about what I might have to do in order to remedy the situation. A

Do you happen to have a picture of the "canbus filter"?

Thank you .... Ann
    Ann, sorry I do not have a pic of the filters. I may be able to get a pic tomorrow even though they are installed. If you find that one or more of the Spyderpops LEDs are causing your problem, contact Spyderpops. Based on my experience with him, he will do what he can to help correct your problem.