Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Yep still under warranty. Been working with BRP Cares and dealer on a fix. Latest BRP recommended fix is to install an amplified antenna. That should happen next week...hope it fixes problem.
    Please post update on the "amplified antenna". Who is supplying it? BRP told my dealer to tell me to find one. Haven't been able to. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Please post update on the "amplified antenna". Who is supplying it? BRP told my dealer to tell me to find one. Haven't been able to. Tom
    BRP covering cost and installation of amplified antenna. I informed dealer that I wanted them to source the antenna in case it didn't solve the problem. Understand the antenna the dealer is to install on Wednesday, 26 Apr, will be totally hidden under the Tupperware somewhere. My current stubby antenna will be left in place but will be a "dummy".

Spyder Garage

BRP covering cost and installation of amplified antenna. I informed dealer that I wanted them to source the antenna in case it didn't solve the problem. Understand the antenna the dealer is to install on Wednesday, 26 Apr, will be totally hidden under the Tupperware somewhere. My current stubby antenna will be left in place but will be a "dummy".

Please post what they install so us others can get one also. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've never been able to pull a decent FM signal with my RT-L...
    I've had the Technician check all of the connections, remove all of the Loc-Tite, and I've even tried one of Spyderpop's Shortee abtennas...
    Nothing has made a difference.
    We're at the point where the dealer will replace my radio!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not Engine Interference Afterall

Culprit turned out to be the aftermarket LED headlights I installed. Key on, engine off, headlights off, fender tip lights off, signature light off- radio works great. Engine on, headlights on, fog lights on, fender tip lights on, signature light on- radio nothing but static. Dealer owner used kill switch to shut down engine, headlights on, fog lights on, fender tip lights on, signature light on- radio nothing but static. After about a minute or so the headlights turned off, fog lights on, fender tip lights on, signature light on- radio works great. Same results after a couple more trials.

Contacted supplier of LED headlights and reported issue. Supplier had not heard of issue prior to my phone call. Supplier going to research availability/compatibility of a plug and play isolator sometime used with HID (ballast) headlights to solve problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Contacted supplier of LED headlights and reported issue. Supplier had not heard of issue prior to my phone call.
    Likely story.

I wish you the best of luck but these kinds of things often end badly.

My bet is that they will offer you a refund and leave you holding the bag.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Likely story.

I wish you the best of luck but these kinds of things often end badly.

My bet is that they will offer you a refund and leave you holding the bag.
    Thanks for the well wishes. If I was a betting man I'd take you up on your bet. Supplier has shipped me two Canbus filters, one for each headlight, that I will connect between the LED headlight and the OEM wiring harness. Hopefully that will fix my radio reception issue. I'll post about the results.

I've had nothing but world class customer service from this supplier. I know him and trust him. BTW, supplier providing/shipping filters at no cost to me. He is truly interested and committed to helping. Couldn't ask for more!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Please post what they install so us others can get one also. Tom
    Tom, dealer didn't install the powered/amplified antenna (see latest update). However they had purchased a Dakota Digital ANT-2000 Electronic Hidden Antenna. Their website is www.dakotadigital.com and they are located in Sioux Falls, SD. Hope that helps.

John

Spyder Garage

Tom, dealer didn't install the powered/amplified antenna (see latest update). However they had purchased a Dakota Digital ANT-2000 Electronic Hidden Antenna. Their website is www.dakotadigital.com and they are located in Sioux Falls, SD. Hope that helps.

John

Thanks John. I thought that might be my issue as well. Have both headlights and driving lights that are LED. But we just got back from Spyderfest. The radio worked great. Go figure. Tom