Spyder Garage

Default Grounding location 13 RTS frunk

I've installed a 12 volt outlet in my right speaker grill and plan on drawing power from right fuse box in frunk. Where would be a good grounding point close to this location? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by bruceofthebronx; 04-21-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    American Legion Riders/GA Patriot Guard Rider

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruceofthebronx View Post
    I've installed a 12 volt outlet in my right speaker grill and plan on drawing power from right fuse box in frunk. Where would be a good grounding point close to this location? Thanks for the help.
    If you haven't yet, spend the $28 or so for a service manual PDF. Then look at the wiring diagram and the actual wires to find a good place to tap in for power. And search the forum to see what others have done.

The fuse box is not a good place to tap into for power. There is no good place to connect to in it, and you stand a chance of damaging it's water tightness. Most everyone gets an auxiliary fuse box with both power and ground and connect it directly to the battery.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)