Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fuel door access

I have 2012 ST with stock seat but prefer to have easier access to fuel door when pet Carrie strapped to rear seat....without buying seat with that feature. How do I modify the seat?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FUEL DOOR

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyp View Post
    I have 2012 ST with stock seat but prefer to have easier access to fuel door when pet Carrie strapped to rear seat....without buying seat with that feature. How do I modify the seat?
    Hi Becky, way back I discovered that a Fuel Door from a Yamaha crotch rocket gas tank is small enough to fit the seat on GS_RS_RSS & ST seats, you will need to switch to a PermaCap - the gas cap to use with this DOOR, but it's OK they are legal ( C.A.R.B. certified ) ...... I'm on my way to Spyderfest so I can't explain it all right now ..... about $ 60.00 for parts .......... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-20-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Hi Becky, way back I discovered that a Fuel Door from a Yamaha crotch rocket gas tank is small enough to fit the seat on GS_RS_RSS & ST seats, you will need to switch to a PermaCap - the gas cap to use with this DOOR, but it's OK they are legal ( C.A.R.B. certified ) ...... I'm on my way to Spyderfest so I can't explain it all right now ..... about $ 60.00 for parts .......... Mike
    A friend of mine cut his seat and installed a hinge. Does good, but I would rather do the door. Makes a good look and still keeps anyone from having access to the fuel tank. Or at least keep them honest. Remind me to talk to you about this also.
    David

Spyder Garage

Or go to search and see how a number of people have done it, quite simple and cheap. Me included

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.