Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Cruise Control won't set

I have a new 2016 RT-S. Cruise shows "ON". Press the cruise button down to "set", and about 1 out of 10 times it will set. Took back to dealer, they say nothing wrong. Brought it back. Set the first time out. Went through a round a bout. Tried to reset, wouldn't set. Turned cruise off and back on, still wouldn't set.

Spyder Garage

First place I would check would be the brake light switch. If switch is on cruise won't work. Is your foot making any contact with he brake pedal? It doesn't take much to activate that switch.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    First place I would check would be the brake light switch. If switch is on cruise won't work. Is your foot making any contact with he brake pedal? It doesn't take much to activate that switch.
    I would agree with that. If the brake light is on the cruise will not set.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I would have thought the dealer would have checked that

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I used to have the same trouble with my 2014 RT. Mine did that for the first 300 miles or so, and then it worked fine.
    Skip ahead to the first 3k mile service. After putting it on the computer, it stopped working again. After 300 miles, it was fine. After that, it never gave any more trouble. Dealer or myself never found the problem.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You said you went through a round about, what was your speed when you tried to resume the cruise? If you were going too slow it may not engage.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by montej722 View Post
    I have a new 2016 RT-S. Cruise shows "ON". Press the cruise button down to "set", and about 1 out of 10 times it will set. Took back to dealer, they say nothing wrong. Brought it back. Set the first time out. Went through a round a bout. Tried to reset, wouldn't set. Turned cruise off and back on, still wouldn't set.
    The throttle needs to be steady to work best. Cruise won't set if you are accelerating or decelerating. Especially it won't set if you are accelerating under load or decelerating with throttle backed all the way off.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)