Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default I wish we had this!

Could you imagine if Spyder Codes had this!

Come on BRP get us into the 2017's

http://trynding.com/fixd/

Bo
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Will this plug and play with the Spyder Bob? This could be your very own "B U D S" system if it will program for the Spyder.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Will this plug and play with the Spyder Bob? This could be your very own "B U D S" system if it will program for the Spyder.

Jack
    No... It won't work on the Spyder as BRP does not use a standard Protocol. Thus why BUDS exists instead of using a standard ODB-II tool.
    You can probably physically plug it in but that's it.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    No... It won't work on the Spyder as BRP does not use a standard Protocol. Thus why BUDS exists instead of using a standard ODB-II tool.
    You can probably physically plug it in but that's it.

Bob
    Different plug. No doubt, if someone were ambitious, they might build a reader and it could app to the phone.

The downside of this is that it may give you the fault code, but often it is very general and the solution may be one of many possibilities.

Yesterday, neighbors van was running like a turd. Read the obd2 codes with my code reader. Code p0300 random cylinder misfire came up. Sadly, this can be about anything from a bad ignition coil to faulty fuel injection items.

Neat item, but still, always best to find a reputable shop you can work with and trust, regardless if it car, truck, bicycle, lawn mower or airplane.

Spyder Garage

I'm and ex auto technition. Fixed is only a fancy code reader for your phone. It will tell you the code it's reading. But cannot tell you what part is bad. Just tell you the area to start your diagnosis. Fuel pump, electrical ect. You still have to follow the trouble tree to find the exact part or wiring failure. Or have the expensive diagnostic tool the techs have.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think press eco, set and turn cancel is the same thing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I'm and ex auto technition. Fixed is only a fancy code reader for your phone. It will tell you the code it's reading. But cannot tell you what part is bad. Just tell you the area to start your diagnosis. Fuel pump, electrical ect. You still have to follow the trouble tree to find the exact part or wiring failure. Or have the expensive diagnostic tool the techs have.
    >Just tell you the area to start your diagnosis.

Well that is better than nothing especially if your not a full time Mech and like to try and service stuff yourself!

Agreed... I was involved with developing diagnostics for Xerox printers and without great expense on sensors and voltage monitoring everywhere, you still have to use the manual and know how to troubleshoot.

But, to me this is better than NO info at all...

FYI, if you have ever used or seen BUDS, it helps troubleshoot things faster. YES you can do it without but it sure helps!
    Then somethings you cannot do at all without BUDS. Like zeroing sensors, etc.

All I am saying is having BUDS on your phone via Bluetooth would be killer!

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 04-20-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Pulling up the code then looking it up on Spyder Codes probably does as much as this.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    >Just tell you the area to start your diagnosis.

Well that is better than nothing especially if your not a full time Mech and like to try and service stuff yourself!

Agreed... I was involved with developing diagnostics for Xerox printers and without great expense on sensors and voltage monitoring everywhere, you still have to use the manual and know how to troubleshoot.

But, to me this is better than NO info at all...

FYI, if you have ever used or seen BUDS, it helps troubleshoot things faster. YES you can do it without but it sure helps!
    Then somethings you cannot do at all without BUDS. Like zeroing sensors, etc.

All I am saying is having BUDS on your phone via Bluetooth would be killer!

Bob
    BUDS on the phone, and available would be huge. Just not sure BRP would on board with it. Even better would be on board real time diagnositics rather than codes. But that would get expensive in some ways, mimic BUDS, and if it failed that would be bad.