Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RS ignition wire?

My RS had a tall 1.5" lower riser when I bought it used, I installed the OEM additional 1" riser under the top bar clamp. All wires fit fine except one small wire that goes to the top of the ign switch and down somewhere under the dash, it is tight. Before I go tearing the dash apart I thought someone may know if I can make it longer without cutting it? Or is it one wire that if I cut I can splice in 6"? Or if I cut wire the whole Spyder will self destruct?
    2010 GS SE5 red and black
    1982 Honda GL650 (showroom condition)
    2014 Honda Goldwing Valkyrie

Spyder Garage

By your description I would guess you are talking about the DESS antenna wires. The DESS antenna interfaces with the chip in the key. The voltages and current are tiny. I don't think it's a good idea to change the wire length, but really don't know if it will cause harm. Take it apart and see if there any extra wire tucked away. If you need to you could move the DESS module a bit.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

Generally there are zip ties holding the wires. If you remove the panels you can locate them and clip them and re route the wires to allow more length...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The panels are removed along with the zipp ties but the DESS wire isn't in that bundle. After Billy's suggestion I searched for a location of the DESS, I did find that the wire has a plug on other end and plugs into the DESS harness. I guess I'll have to find the thing the old fashion way. I'm thinking the DESS harness is zipp tied somewhere under the dash panel.
    2010 GS SE5 red and black
    1982 Honda GL650 (showroom condition)
    2014 Honda Goldwing Valkyrie