Spyder Garage

Default Mods to the 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-SE5

Custom, Corbin electrically heated seat with rider backrest (Corbin, online)
    FM radio transmitter in trunk (Lamonster)
    Dash bar mount (J.T.'s Spyderstore)
    Ram mount for cell phone (Lamonster)
    LED light for trunk (AutoZone)
    Passenger vanity mirror in trunk (BRP)
    Stebel air horn
    Head and foglight LED bulbs
    Dual USB connection (replaces empty slot between the switches) (J.T.'s Spyderstore)
    Hard wired Cobra cable for Cobra radar detector

Spyder Garage

Nice mod list.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilderThomas View Post
    Stebel air horn
    Dual USB connection (replaces empty slot between the switches) (J.T.'s Spyderstore)
    Nice mods! I also have dash mount (tricled) How did you mount and wire radar detector? Like to copy think it is great idea

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MODS LIST

Stebel air horn
    ........ Well it's a start ............. I passed 75 awhile back and I'm not quite finished ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your mods!
    Some pictures of them, would be really cool...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Been busy...

Nice start...but you know it is just that...a start...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Mods

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Nice mod list.
    Thank you. Adding accessories, or making modifications can be, a pleasant addiction. There's always, one more to add...... I know I could do with another accessory, just haven't decided on which one yet.

Spyder Garage

Default Dash Mount

Quote Originally Posted by budjones13 View Post
    Nice mods! I also have dash mount (tricled) How did you mount and wire radar detector? Like to copy think it is great idea
    The dash mount makes use of those two screws on the other side of the dash. It can be had from J.T.'s Spyderstore, comes in a variety of finishes, and comes with three drilled holes. Looks like original equipment manufacture on installation. The power cord for the detector runs from the battery terminals upto the detector. But the one end of the cord has to be sacrificed as it cannot be used with this application. Which is why I have another when I want to use it in, and with the car. I also have a Garmin Head's Up Display which I intend to mount over one of the other holes. The Garmin pairs with either a Garmin app for an Android or iPhone, and the instructions can be heard over a bluetooth earpiece. Sufficient until I've acquired one of the Sena devices for the helmet.
    The flat magnetic mount, pictured in one of the attachments here, screws into the arm shown in the other attachment. At the moment, we're in Hemet, California with the Prius, but can take a picture of the set up and post it, when we return to Idaho.
    Last edited by WilderThomas; 04-21-2017 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Added attachments

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The dash mount makes use of those two screws on the other side of the dash. It can be had from J.T.'s Spyderstore, comes in a variety of finishes, and comes with three drilled holes. Looks like original equipment manufacture on installation. The power cord for the detector runs from the battery terminals upto the detector. But the one end of the cord has to be sacrificed as it cannot be used with this application. Which is why I have another when I want to use it in, and with the car. I also have a Garmin Head's Up Display which I intend to mount over one of the other holes. The Garmin pairs with either a Garmin app for an Android or iPhone, and the instructions can be heard over a bluetooth earpiece. Sufficient until I've acquired one of the Sena devices for the helmet.
    The flat magnetic mount, pictured in one of the attachments here, screws into the arm shown in the other attachment. At the moment, we're in Hemet, California with the Prius, but can take a picture of the set up and post it, when we return to Idaho.
    Thanks pictures would big help. I went with tricled mount and three balls. Have 180 mirror not sure if I will actually use. Have 12v/usb charger I was thinking on one side and radar detector on other just trying to figure out how to route wires through dash