Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Magic Mirror Mounts

I ordered a set of "Magic Mirror" mounts from Russ on 5 April and expected to get them within about a 15 day period but had not received them to date. He sent a tracking number but nothing changed in the tracking info since I received it! I sent him an Email today asking for an expected delivery date.
    Here is his response:

Your parcel has been held at mebourne for 9 days now
    A dickhead there noted they were magnetic
    They have now been asvised to release them in limited numbers
    Welcome to aust post
    Notjing i can do
    Russ

Spyder Garage

Ordered mine on Feb. 20th, still waiting. I realize that there is nothing Russ can do. Looks like I might be going to Spyderfest with duct tape holding my mirror on. Several people have tried but we can't get one of the pins to engage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Once you DO get them: you'll find out that they were worth the wait. I'm just sorry that this isn't really any consolation.

Will Carly help?

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unfortunately this happens. We order parts for work from all over the world and it is common that magnets, bearings and such are held up. 😫
    The bad news, I have a set of these enroute.

Spyder Garage

they will be worth the wait.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5Wheels View Post
    Ordered mine on Feb. 20th, still waiting. I realize that there is nothing Russ can do. Looks like I might be going to Spyderfest with duct tape holding my mirror on. Several people have tried but we can't get one of the pins to engage.
    I know you have looked but one of the wires on mine stopped it from going on.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Ordered mine Sunday from Lamont and got them yesterday
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5Wheels View Post
    put a thin washer behind pin I have done this with mine and it helps

Spyder Garage

I have some ordered too, and have the same issue with that lame tracking system. A couple days after I ordered them I saw that LaMonster was selling them.....grrrrr..... Hopefully I'll have them before I have to put it away for winter.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default WELL, I GOT 'EM

I did get my magic mirror mounts - took 28 days from when Russ sent them - but in my experience that's about par for the course for overseas mail/post/whatever it's called. Not his fault. MY problem is, my RT went into the shop the day before they arrived. If I weren't able to laugh, I would cry.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have any idea as to when you'll be able to break your bike out of it's confinement yet?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
    Ordered mine Sunday from Lamont and got them yesterday
    I feel bad for Russel as there's nothing he can do once it leaves the shop. The package we got was beat up pretty bad with a big hole in it. Somehow we didn't lose any of the product. We have another large order heading our way. We won't get the complete order for a few weeks but a partial order shipped out to me Tuesday. Like others have said it's a great product and Russel is a standup guy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Do you have any idea as to when you'll be able to break your bike out of it's confinement yet?
    The YAW Control Sensor is supposed to come in today. Since it's waiting for parts, my RT is off of the work stand, which I totally understand. This is a VERY small dealership, and they only have one stand, but they are the absolute best dealer around. I recon when they finish the one they are working on now, mine will be next in line. I'm guessing midweek next week.

By the your Avatar is The Robot from the TV series "Lost In Space". He was called "Robot" Mine?
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 04-20-2017 at 08:54 AM.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Mine are coming today. Just ordered 3 days ago. Ordered from Lamont.

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    Unfortunately this happens. We order parts for work from all over the world and it is common that magnets, bearings and such are held up. 😫
    The bad news, I have a set of these enroute.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    By the your Avatar is The Robot from the TV series "Lost In Space". He was called "Robot" Mine?
    Here's to hoping that they get you back on the road soon!
    Technically: mine was called "B-9" by the studio...
    But yours is Robby from "The Forbidden Planet"
    Did you know that the score for that movie was NOT music? It was just what they figured that computers would sound like... (back in 1956)

Spyder Garage

Here's to hoping that they get you back on the road soon!
    Technically: mine was called "B-9" by the studio...
    But yours is Robby from "The Forbidden Planet"
    Did you know that the score for that movie was NOT music? It was just what they figured that computers would sound like... (back in 1956)
    Well Done Bob!

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mine are also on their way from Russ and were shipped April 10th. I guess I'm in the same situation and will just be patient. I agree, it isn't Russ' fault.
    I do hope that they arrive intact when ever that is.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Instant gratification

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I feel bad for Russel as there's nothing he can do once it leaves the shop. The package we got was beat up pretty bad with a big hole in it. Somehow we didn't lose any of the product. We have another large order heading our way. We won't get the complete order for a few weeks but a partial order shipped out to me Tuesday. Like others have said it's a great product and Russel is a standup guy.
    I second your feeling bad for Russel.

Mine are ordered and they'll get here....when they get here. It's NOT his fault once they are in the system. Patience is in order.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Magic Mirrors

Ordered my Magic Mirrors from Lamonster on Friday, got them on Monday, installed them in 30 minutes. The mirrors seem to be more stable than before, less vibration. Really going to appreciate them when I do service and mods.
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    Unfortunately this happens. We order parts for work from all over the world and it is common that magnets, bearings and such are held up.....
    I'm not apologising for any of the sloooow postal service processes out there, & certainly not having a dig at those hardworking Postal workers out there who do try to move the mail quickly & accurately, but considering the world as it is today, it's probably not all that strange for these sorts of items in particular to take longer than 'normal' mail!!

Just think about it for a minute - you know that you're expecting magnets (or bearings, or lumpy metal parts, or whatever) but do they?? And you can probably guess that the package you expect is going to be a bit of an odd shape & probably also a bit heavier than the usual mail in the system - certainly heavier for its size than most.... Soooo, just consider this from the postal system or workers point of view for a moment - here's some stuff that's wrapped 'pretty well'; it weighs 'quite a lot' for a package of this size; it probably has a few other similar packages gathered around it; & it might even be hard to pick up off the metal sorting tray.... What else does it take to start ringing alarm bells in your mind??

Even (or maybe especially) if it is labelled clearly, just about the only other DANGER Will Robinson, DANGER warnings I can think of that you could add to these packages would be greasy smeared finger marks (didja notice any of them on the packing tape? Russ always leaves sticky/greasy finger marks; Brenda, not so much!! ) & a funny almond-like smell emanating from the package!! Oh, wait a minute, does it tick or upset electronic gear??

Anyone else concerned yet?? I must admit that originally, I didn't even think about what these packages might bear some similarities to, but then when people started mentioning they took a while to get thru & that some had obviously been 'inspected' strenuously, it slowly dawned.... These packages have quite a few of the 'give-aways' that might just cause a bomb scare - and the more Russ & the Girls in the office try to 'disguise' those hall-marks, the scarier the package is likely to become!! More bubble wrap & tape?? Uh-oh!! Put it in a little box & hand-write the address labels? Yeah, Nope!! How about sending them overseas from an obscure country town address?!? Sending them in batches to a heap of US addresses?!? What about sticking a warning label on the outside?! Yeah, Sure!! No-one with mayhem in mind would ever think of doing any of that!!

So like I said, I'm not trying to make excuses, & I really don't have a solution - but it is now just a little clearer in my mind why some of these packages could be taking a bit longer than expected to get thru the system & why some are damaged/torn a bit more than you might expect.... not sure that there's anything that Russ or the Girls in the office (both/either of them!) could do to alleviate the concern, either??

Spyder Garage

Once you DO get them: you'll find out that they were worth the wait. I'm just sorry that this isn't really any consolation.

Will Carly help?

WHY?? Can someone explain to me the benefit of these mirrors?????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    WHY?? Can someone explain to me the benefit of these mirrors?????
    If you perform your own maintenance on your Spyder the first step for just about every procedure is to remove the mirrors. I always cringe each time I attempt the mirror removal process but not with the magnetic mirrors mounts. Now it will be a simple task to remove and replace.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Default Magic mirrors

I ordered mine about a week before I found out that Lamont was selling them . Strange how that happens, the same thing happened when I ordered my fender lights, about 2 weeks after I ordered them, I went by his shop on my way back home from a Colorado vacation and he told me he was selling them........

Spyder Garage

Refer to post#10. Overseas mail does take a really long time, what with customs, etc. Mine showed up when I least expected them. Yours will too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I take it that is why I can't pull up on your site? Is there a way i can pre order until your stock arrives?

New spyder rider and wanted to thank you for all your videos you helped with my new addiction