Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

That's my exact set up and it does the trick.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

For those who have mounted behind the windshield, do you not get a reflection of the windshield in your vids? I have the same exact setup as Bob Denham described, but I am getting reflections. That is why I am thinking about moving it to one of the mirrors. Has anyone placed it there? If so, how are you mounting it?
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze

Spyder Garage

Default I Use Suction

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    Can everyone that uses a Go-Pro, tell me where their favorite mounting position is and if it is one the bike itself, not the helmet, is there any vibration or shaking?
    I noticed in one of Lamont's videos I watched last night, that he had a mount on his left mirror, but they don't seem to me to be that steady, and would have alot of vibration.
    I was wondering about putting a mount right behind the windshield on top of the dash, and how much vibration that would get. Also hate to put a mount there, and decide to take it off top of dash, and whether it would leave an adhesive mess.
    I just go new helmet, and the last one was mounted on the center of the chin bar on a modular helmet. The new one can't be mounted in the same spot because of vent mechanism.
    Only problem about mounting to the bike is that you give up the option of panning left or right.
    Anyway thought and opinions.
    I mounted mine on the lower front of the windshield using a suction mount. I can see what my camera is doing, and it produces a rock-steady picture. I don't like shooting through the windshield because the Plexiglass degrades the 4K image.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use the RT dash bracket as a Farkle shelf or my GoPro, Waylens Secure360 and iPhone. Here is a short vid of a ride and you can see a few reflections but nothing to really mess with the overall video. Plus its easier to clean the windshield than the GoPro lens.

Last edited by Flamewinger; 09-17-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Not mine but was considering in front of the windshield IMG_3870.JPGdon't know if a remote s needed or power source available.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting Arm

There is an arm that mounts to the two screws on your dash, behind the windshield (from a sponsor here, I forgot which one). Comes with RAM mounts. Works great no vibrations, I get little to no reflections issues unless the sun is just right. Also handy to mount your GPS up there also, so you dont have to look down (I have an RT-S, no GPS on handlebars). I got a cheap ($50) camera with a rear view cam (only 720P but OK). Mounted the rear camera on top of the trunk (to see over the trailer if hauling). So I record front and back. Nice setup.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    There is an arm that mounts to the two screws on your dash, behind the windshield (from a sponsor here, I forgot which one). Comes with RAM mounts. Works great no vibrations, I get little to no reflections issues unless the sun is just right. Also handy to mount your GPS up there also, so you dont have to look down (I have an RT-S, no GPS on handlebars). I got a cheap ($50) camera with a rear view cam (only 720P but OK). Mounted the rear camera on top of the trunk (to see over the trailer if hauling). So I record front and back. Nice setup.

Its a dash bracket and LaMonster sells it. Comes with 3 plastic 1” balls. I swapped them for the RAM rubberiballs as they provide a better solid mount. It’s what I call my “Little Farkle Shelf”.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    Can everyone that uses a Go-Pro, tell me where their favorite mounting position is and if it is one the bike itself, not the helmet, is there any vibration or shaking?
    I noticed in one of Lamont's videos I watched last night, that he had a mount on his left mirror, but they don't seem to me to be that steady, and would have alot of vibration.
    I was wondering about putting a mount right behind the windshield on top of the dash, and how much vibration that would get. Also hate to put a mount there, and decide to take it off top of dash, and whether it would leave an adhesive mess.
    I just go new helmet, and the last one was mounted on the center of the chin bar on a modular helmet. The new one can't be mounted in the same spot because of vent mechanism.
    Only problem about mounting to the bike is that you give up the option of panning left or right.
    Anyway thought and opinions.
    I mounted mine on the top dash behind the windshield. Solid as a rock. Not a single vibration. Of course, cannot pan but the purpose is to record what's in front of me.
    See pictures.Camera 1.jpgcamera 2.jpg
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I mount my GoPro to the RT dash bracket using the GoPro slide mount that I drilled a hole for a flat head screw to fit. I used a counter sink reamer to make the hole so the head of the screw sits below the sliding surface. I can slide the GoPro onto it easy and the ball swivel part that slides in works to make the camera sit at any angle I want.

fullsizeoutput_c9f.jpg ppx7LLK9Q3i%1miuVPROqQ.jpg

I tried a GoPro adapter and I couldn't get the camera to sit right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 09-17-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I don't use a GoPro but had multiple mount locations on this video:

2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    As slow and easy as I ride... I don't either!
    I have added a Kamlock to the mount.
    (Made by the Kradellock folks)
    I don't have to worry too much about the camera disappearing!
    Older post I know..but I am very interested in this Kamlock (or camlock). Google search didn’t reveal anything for GoPro..thanks in advance

Spyder Garage

Hello: Thread revival.

I am picking up my new 2021 Spyder RT Limited. I will be mounting my GoPo Hero 9 using a suction mount, on the inside of the windshield. I have always ran a camera , facing forward, and a second camera, facing the rear.

So, my queston is has anyone mounted a GoPro, on the rear of the bike? Where did you mount it, and what mount, did you use?

I will be using the 3br powersports products to power and keep the camera water resistant.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I mount my GoPro Max to the shiny part of the dash with the GoPro buckle mount. Solid and makes it easy to get at.

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Sept 12, 2021

I mounted my GoPro on the plastic dash top piece behind the windshield. It works perfectly there. As far as worrying about the adhesive when I remove it, not worried at all. It can be removed.

Spyder Garage

I guess my post wsn't clear enough. I already have one GoPro mounted between the dash and windsheld facing forward.

What I am looking for is suggestions from anyone who has mounted a SECOND GoPro, near the rear of the bike, which will face to the REAR of the bike. It would capture, (hopefuly NEVER happens), a rear end collision. I have for the past several years run with the two camera setup on my 2 wheeler cruisers. There was always a back rest bar etc to mount things onto. Not so with the 21 RT Limited.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-13-2021 at 08:54 PM. Reason: guwas = guess ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have Garmin Dash Cam Mini cameras. One on the front windshield and powered by the Battery Tender Jr USB adapter. The rear has yet to be mounted but they are so tiny and loop video. Save video when impact.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red