Spyder Garage

Default Limp Home Mode x 4

While out riding yesterday the Spyder went into "Limp Home Mode" on four different occasions. This was the first time pulling my Harbor Freight trailer so I figured the trailer wiring had to be the culprit. I unplugged the trailer from the harness, started the bike and all was OK. Went down the road about 60 miles to have it happen again. When it happened the fourth time I looked at things a little more closely. The indicator for the VSS was lit and flashing. I turned off the ignition and turned it back on as I did on the three other incidents and the thing started fine. After getting home and doing some research both here and my electronic service manual, I decided to just load it up and take it to the dealer. It is a 2016 F3 Limited and it only has 2400 miles on it. Hopefully they can find the problem and get it fixed before we leave out for Spyderfest.

Spyder Garage

Don't tell them you were pulling a Harbor Freight Trailer when it first happened.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you pull the error codes? You should always do that before you shut it off. Do you have a BRP hitch and wiring harness? If not, you might be stuck for repair cost if an aftermarket wiring harness is what is causing the issues.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Just a thought ...... check your GROUND !!!! ..... Using the trailer frame to coupler to ball to Spyder hitch to Spyder frame usually is 50/50 at best ...... wire the ground THRU the PLUG ......... ...Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just a thought ...... check your GROUND !!!! ..... Using the trailer frame to coupler to ball to Spyder hitch to Spyder frame usually is 50/50 at best ...... wire the ground THRU the PLUG ......... ...Mike
    That & if "trailer mode" was properly engaged

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack