Spyder Garage

Default 2 types of OEM risers?

I am pretty sure my bike has the lower riser that replaces the bottom piece that mounts on the spline steering shaft. Is there another 1 inch piece that goes on next, then the top clamp? I think I've located one but not sure it is what I hope it is. Seller claims it is OEM 1 inch riser. Looks like a top clamp but thicker??
    2010 GS SE5 red and black
    1982 Honda GL650 (showroom condition)
    2014 Honda Goldwing Valkyrie

Spyder Garage

The splined bottom riser piece goes onto the steering shaft & is bolted on. Then the bars go on followed by the top piece & its bolts.

There are two different length riser pieces you can buy but you only install the one you prefer.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

The OEM riser for the 08 and 09 was either 1" or 1.5." I put them on mine and did not feel they were tall enough for the sitting position I was looking for. Dealer fabricated some 3.5" or 4" risers which I found better. I used them until I sold my 08 for a real RT when they came out in 2010.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Today I started removing panels for a seasonal oil change, check out air cleaner, look for acc wire for cell phone charging etc. I want to remove the worthless to me handlebar cover and see if the bars will adjust back some or just buy a better shaped bar. I'm hoping I can just trim the cover so the center portion remains so I can mount the ignition switch. If I find that is not feasible I'll just throw the towel in and make up a set of dogbone risers. Any advise from those who have removed these parts are wecome.

Spyder Garage

Hi hungryeye,

Re: and make up a set of dogbone risers.

If you do this, you might consider asking if anyone else would want a set. They are no longer available from vendors & there might be a few other folks on here 'in the market.'

Jerry Baumchen

PS) You might check with Lamonster about this, first.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

I may be of.no help here but in case it is.

I have no point of reference or comparison but the unit I just acquired has helli bars (spelling may be off) equipped. I do like the seating position they create but again can not offer a comparison. I believe they are from.Maine if I recall when I tried to locate the manufacturer.

I know its.not an exact answer to the exact question. Appologies if unwelcome.
    KES
    2012 Spyder RS SE5 - Pearl White
    Corbin, phoenix running boards,
    Heli bar back,
    super touring BRP screen
    BRP? side fairing defectors
    Twisted Throttle Air foil
    other forgotten doo dads
    Real crotchety old curmudgeon at the helm.

Spyder Garage

The Helibars look great, they are very popular on many M?C models for years. But they are quite pricey. I think the ones you have are in the $300 range. May be the most expensive cure.

I was going to buy a new handlebar with the right height and pull back but decided I didn't want to butcher the cover to make them fit. My bike already had the lower spline riser, I'm adding the OEM 1" top clamp riser, I don't like the look of the bar end/dogbone type risers. I'm not a big fan of the sit up and beg position so this additional 1" may work for me, I like leaning a little forward. If not I'll just get a new bar that fits me perfectly.