Spyder Garage

Default Broke tab on front radioor cap cover panal

Good day ALL!

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to where I can purchase a new panel/cover that goes in the front and covers the radiator cap and wiring. I removed the frunk last fall so I could access the battery and attach a battery tender to the battery. when I was removing the top panel I broke the left hand clip that is molded into to hold in place. It looks like it is on tight with the right side one holding and the two pins holding, I thought I would be proactive and buy one now before it blows off and I need it quickly.

Thank you
    Bill

2016 Spyder F3 Limited Special Series

Spyder Garage

Default Try this....

Cheapcycleparts.com, of course BRP/dealer and there are others...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Go to BRP's Spyder online parts catalog https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/f...ts-iframe.html

Find the part you are looking for in the exploded parts view. The item number then will give you the part number, description and BRP dealer price. If you do not want to get it from your dealer. There are online parts suppliers that will sell the same part for less. Cheap Cycle Parts for example. But there are many others.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by Badco149 View Post
    Good day ALL!

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to where I can purchase a new panel/cover that goes in the front and covers the radiator cap and wiring. I removed the frunk last fall so I could access the battery and attach a battery tender to the battery. when I was removing the top panel I broke the left hand clip that is molded into to hold in place. It looks like it is on tight with the right side one holding and the two pins holding, I thought I would be proactive and buy one now before it blows off and I need it quickly.

Thank you
    Bill
    This won't fix your problem now , however I have never liked the way BRP did the mounting of these Panels and many have lost or broken pieces on them similar to yours.... Sorry but I don't have pics ( maybe someone at Spyderfest will post some for me ) ... My panels now come off by removing one chrome bolt ( near the other two ). This bolt threads into a reversed "T" nut attached to a small metal plate which is pop-riveted to the panel under this one , so you can screw them together. At the bottom of this panel I put a piece of sheet metal with a 1/4 x 3/4 long bolt attached to it .... this bolt then goes into a hole I drilled in the plastic frame...... I was then able to sand/trim down all the plastic attachment pieces so they just slide in and out of the rubber grommets without any resistance ( they act as placement locators only )..... this sounds a lot more complicated than it is if you could see it ...... now I can take off these panels with one hand. .................Are you going to Spyderfest ???? ............. Mike .......Sorry, didn't realize you were talking about an F-3 ..... so this probably won't work on your Spyder .....however it does work very well on an RT ... .................... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-14-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seems they've over done the plastic. Not just BRP, it's everywhere and every thing. You buy an item you think couldn't be made any cheaper and when you go to replace it sure enough it's even worse.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Go to BRP's Spyder online parts catalog https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/f...ts-iframe.html

Find the part you are looking for in the exploded parts view. The item number then will give you the part number, description and BRP dealer price. If you do not want to get it from your dealer. There are online parts suppliers that will sell the same part for less. Cheap Cycle Parts for example. But there are many others.
    I find that the exploded views on cheapcycleparts.com are much easier to navigate than the BRP site. Try it sometime I think you'll agree.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Badco149 View Post
    Good day ALL!

Thank you
    Bill
    I believe the part # is:

Service Center Fairing

Same problem here, I just got my 2017 home yesterday, and found that the tab was Already Broken on mine. Dealer is getting me a new one on His dime.

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the replies and assistance. I have ordered a replacement part and will practice removing and replacing with old one.
    I will leave the side panels alone until someone comes out with a video showing how to remove without breaking them as well.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY Spring is here in NH. 70's tomorrow.

Let's Roll!!

Thanks again

2016 Spyder F3 Limited Special Series