Spyder Garage

Default Next farkle ordered... INNOVV K1 dash cam

I like to shoot videos of some of our rides. I have used a Sony Handycam, dash mounted, and a GoPro Hero3+ Black, both dash mounted and helmet chin bar mounted. The results from these sources have been rather satisfying.

The problem is I do not always set up a camera prior to a ride. We ride quite a bit and some times when I don't have a camera set up I miss some views that I wish I was prepared to capture. So I started to look for alternatives and came across the INNOVV K1 set up. With permanently mounted front AND rear lens and a central DVR with GPS I think this is what I want. It starts recording when the bike is started and stops when the bike to shut down. Details can viewed on their Internet site:

http://www.innovv.com/the-k

And there was a fairly thorough review done by webbikeworld.com:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ovv-k1-review/

I ordered it late last week and am eager to install it on our 2014 RT Limited once it arrives. Think it will be great when we do the Natchez Trace next month.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

I ordered one too. I am still unclear on how to make the connections to the trikes electronics, but I have some ideas for mounting the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    I like to shoot videos of some of our rides. I have used a Sony Handycam, dash mounted, and a GoPro Hero3+ Black, both dash mounted and helmet chin bar mounted. The results from these sources have been rather satisfying.

The problem is I do not always set up a camera prior to a ride. We ride quite a bit and some times when I don't have a camera set up I miss some views that I wish I was prepared to capture. So I started to look for alternatives and came across the INNOVV K1 set up. With permanently mounted front AND rear lens and a central DVR with GPS I think this is what I want. It starts recording when the bike is started and stops when the bike to shut down. Details can viewed on their Internet site:

http://www.innovv.com/the-k

And there was a fairly thorough review done by webbikeworld.com:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ovv-k1-review/

I ordered it late last week and am eager to install it on our 2014 RT Limited once it arrives. Think it will be great when we do the Natchez Trace next month.

Spyder Garage

I'd like to know how you like it. I was thinking of the same set up.
    Please give us your review after you use it for awhile.
    Pam

2020 F3 T

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
    Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
    Dr. Seuss

2020 F3 T - Liquid Titanium

Previously owned
    - 2015 ST L
    - 1997 Suzuki Marauder VZ 800
    2015 ST L , Denim - matte

Spyder Garage

Default Will do comments once installed

Quote Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
    I'd like to know how you like it. I was thinking of the same set up.
    Please give us your review after you use it for awhile.
    In addition to the K1 I also bought the 64 Gb memory clip and their power distribution hub. Once I get the cameras installed and the DVR located I will start evaluating and posating.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights

Spyder Garage

Default Looking forward to your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    In addition to the K1 I also bought the 64 Gb memory clip and their power distribution hub. Once I get the cameras installed and the DVR located I will start evaluating and posating.
    Definitely look forward to your review. Looks like an interesting system.......
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Innov K1

I have this system on my 2010 RT-S and it's a good quality product. I've had no issues with it yet and I've been using it for about a year.

Spyder Garage

Default First road test of K1

Installed the INNOVV K1 2 channel dashcam system on our 2014 RT Ltd over the weekend. I was in no particular rush to complete the install and worked on it over three days. This included installed the company's Power Hub1 fuse block.

I shot videos of the install and will editing those clips into something that I will post on YouTube shortly. I will also post the links here.

But I thought I would go ahead and post the link to a short video from the system now. I edited this using CyberLink's PowerDirector 15 software. It is through that software that I produced the picture-in-a-picture effect.

More later,
    Paul

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like good quality video

Paul, it appears you might have found a winner. The video looked like good quality. How was the install?
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Just takes time

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Paul, it appears you might have found a winner. The video looked like good quality. How was the install?
    As we all know, installing most any farkle on our Spyders involves panel removal. Thankfully I do have the Magic Mirror Magnets installed, so at least that made the initial steps very easy.

Installing the rear camera involved pulling three panels and routing the cameras cable up under the seat. The DVR module is under the seat, left side middle, just a bit behind the fuel fill. Front camera required a bit more effort with I think four panels removed. I had previously installed JT's accessory bar so that is where the front camera is mounted. The cable is routed over the top of the front dash, and ducks under the fascia panel at its left corner, at the wind deflector. Then it took some time to fish a wire through to an exit point heading to the rear. This cable was then routed to the area under the seat for connection to the DVR.

The GPS/Speaker unit is laying under the seat beside the DVR and so far seems to receive satellite signals OK. The Remote Button is on the panel next to the left side of the glove box, sort of under the handlebars. The power connector and its included 12V to 5V converter, is under the left top middle panel and connected to the power hub. As the power to the system needs to be switched power, I used the electrical schematic to identify a switched power lead that feeds the fogs lights switch (light green/gray) for attachment of the trigger wire.

I shot a lot video clips during the install and plan to work on merging them into something I can post on YouTube with links here. I need to crop them a bit as I probably have nearly an hour or so the clips to work through.
    I will post in this thread the links once I have them done.

Spyder Garage

Default Power Hub1 Install

Here is the video of the installation of INNOVV's Power Hub1

Spyder Garage

good job on the install and nice informative video.

my question was on the ride video you posted, I am seeing a lot of noise. for example if you look at the road it self when sitting still, it looks normal. when you begin to ride it looks distorted. is that because of the compression from YouTube or does it look that way directly from the video itself?

I also noticed no audio. does it have that capability as well?

thanks again for the info you gave us.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Part 1 of the install of the K1 system

Spyder Garage

Default Distortion & audio

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    good job on the install and nice informative video.

my question was on the ride video you posted, I am seeing a lot of noise. for example if you look at the road it self when sitting still, it looks normal. when you begin to ride it looks distorted. is that because of the compression from YouTube or does it look that way directly from the video itself?

I also noticed no audio. does it have that capability as well?

thanks again for the info you gave us.
    I think it is mostly from the conversion to YouTube accepted format. Th only thing I noticed was the periphery of the fish eye view is a bit out of focus.

The unit does capture audio but with the mic in the DVR unit and with the DVR mounted under the seat in my case, the audio is pretty much useless. The preferences allows one to turn the audio on or off.

Spyder Garage

Default Part 2 Install of INNOVV K1 2 channel dashcam

Hope this may be of value to others considering this system and provide some hints on, at least, what I did for the install.

I am very happy with the performance that I have seen so far. With two other riders, did a 95 mile day trip yesterday and the system performed flawlessly.

Will try to remember to post an update near the end of summer on its performance and reliability.

Spyder Garage

Default K1

Looks good Paul, I watched your install videos and your on the road test........very nice. I know you will get a lot of use from this system, I know I do.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Madincalif View Post
    Looks good Paul, I watched your install videos and your on the road test........very nice. I know you will get a lot of use from this system, I know I do.
    ...for compliments! Wednesday mornings I have breakfast with a group of friends and this week two of the fellows that have motorcycles brought their bikes to breakfast. Afterwards we rode a nice loop of about 95 miles and were out for 3 hours. Great weather day. Later I watched segments of the day trip and was again very satisfied with the captured moments and their clarity.

Agree, it will definitely come handy.