Spyder Garage

Default Can I install new fog lights without removing the frunk ?

I'm getting Lamonts LED light kit.
    Can I replace the fog lights by disassembling the light housings from the front ?
    I don't have anyone to help me remove the frunk.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm getting Lamonts LED light kit.
    Can I replace the fog lights by disassembling the light housings from the front ?
    I don't have anyone to help me remove the frunk.
    If your RT has the 998 motor you can reach in from underneath and pop the caps off and replace the lights without removing any panels. We just did one today.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I replaced mine by removing the two black inspection panels on the upper corners of the frunk, then a combination of reaching from there and inside the wheel wells. I wish I had smaller hands, but it's doable. Not fun, but doable. This is on a 14 RTL.

Spyder Garage

I've got the 14 RTS.

I'll try it from the access panels.

I'm having a real provlem with electrical interference between the HID lights and the bluetooth dongle.
    I'm hoping Lamonts LE kit will eliminate that.

I'll post the results.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If your RT has the 998 motor you can reach in from underneath and pop the caps off and replace the lights without removing any panels. We just did one today.

Thanks.
    I've got the 14 RT. Unfortunately, I don't have a second pair of hands to help romove the Frunk, so I'll try removing the panels and see if I can get the light housings out of the frunk.
    I'm replacing the HID headlights with your LEDs. The HID adds a lot of interference to the radio. I'll have to repair the rear caps to cover the holes from the ballast for the HID, then make new holes for the ballast for the LED.
    Your site has a whole boatload of extension cables. What are they for ? Any help for installing the foglights ?
    THanks
    IBA #47122

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Thanks.
    I've got the 14 RT. Unfortunately, I don't have a second pair of hands to help romove the Frunk, so I'll try removing the panels and see if I can get the light housings out of the frunk.
    I'm replacing the HID headlights with your LEDs. The HID adds a lot of interference to the radio. I'll have to repair the rear caps to cover the holes from the ballast for the HID, then make new holes for the ballast for the LED.
    Your site has a whole boatload of extension cables. What are they for ? Any help for installing the foglights ?
    THanks
    You don't need any extension cables to install Lamont's LED lights. Pull the rear covers, unplug the fog lights, plug in the new ones, put the covers back on. The headlights are a bit more involved due to the control box that needs to be routed outside the headlight housing. Lamont has a video on his website explaining that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    You don't need any extension cables to install Lamont's LED lights. Pull the rear covers, unplug the fog lights, plug in the new ones, put the covers back on. The headlights are a bit more involved due to the control box that needs to be routed outside the headlight housing. Lamont has a video on his website explaining that.
    Oy Gevalt !!!, this is the classic "easier said than done"

The fog light on the right side was not a problem. Pop the cap off, replace the light and pop the cap back on.
    The left side........................ there's some tube of some kind that's in the way. Makes "popping" the cap back on a royal pain in the butt. After about 20 minutes of fiddle farting with it, I got it back in.
    The headlights were more tedious than difficult. I had to remove all teh ballast for the HIDs and replace it with the LEDs.

The LEDs did not need any adjustment. I received them locked in place. I can only assume that Lamont had adjusted them prior to shipping.

Nice kit. Thank you Lamont.
    IBA #47122