I put a few ozs. of the Seafoam into the gas tank, and took the bike for a short ride so it would mix better with the gas. When I got back, I hit the kill switch, and did the 3 button thing. This time I got 2 codes: P1136, and Po335. The second code indicates a "crankshaft position sensor" issue, which could be simply a loose connection. I hope that's all it is.

I have no garage or inside space to work on the bike, so taking off the Tupperware is risky because we get lots of unexpected rain around here. I spoke with the dealership service guys, and they said it would be okay to drive the bike the 45 miles up there...unless the crankshaft position sensor fails or lets go completely. That will cause the bike to stop running, and I'd be stuck on the side of the road. I'm going to take that chance because other than the orange check engine message (and the other code), the bike runs fine...no missing, no knocks, no strange noises. Once at the dealer, they'll run BUDS, and let me know the resulting codes, and what they'll have to do to diagnose and repair them. I dread the amount that this will cost, but I want the bike running in tip-top condition. I'm planning some long trips this summer.

I'll post the results (and costs) in here. Thanks, everyone, for your help, advice and knowledge! It is very much appreciated!