Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3-S TRAILER HARNESS & MODE

G'day guys, (previously posted in wrong place)

I have a 2016 F3-S Triple black - with Can-Am hitch modified to fit the F3. The control/isolation module and harness that I have is the Can-Am unit. I plugged everything in but the trailer lights did not work. There is a red wire which feeds the BAT wire to the control/isolation module, but I can not measure any voltage - I tried with the ignition switch in OFF, ON and with engine running, but no power to the BAT side of the module. All signal wires into the module work when operated. All of the fuses appear to be good.... Can anyone tell me which fuse is the one that feeds the red wire into the module - there may be a bad connection somewhere?

To get things working, I built my own module using electronic opto-coupled relays to isolate the trailer wiring from the bike. I also ran a new feed wired (+ & -) from the battery to my custom module. I also installed a dedicated fuse box for the trailer wiring. My setup runs separate brake and turn signals for Australian requirements.

Can anyone tell me if the Can-am module tells the F3-S to set TRAILER MODE - and - is there a way to set trailer mode manually.

Thanks guys,

Regards,

Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimstapenell View Post
    G'day guys, (previously posted in wrong place)

I have a 2016 F3-S Triple black - with Can-Am hitch modified to fit the F3. The control/isolation module and harness that I have is the Can-Am unit. I plugged everything in but the trailer lights did not work. There is a red wire which feeds the BAT wire to the control/isolation module, but I can not measure any voltage - I tried with the ignition switch in OFF, ON and with engine running, but no power to the BAT side of the module. All signal wires into the module work when operated. All of the fuses appear to be good.... Can anyone tell me which fuse is the one that feeds the red wire into the module - there may be a bad connection somewhere?

To get things working, I built my own module using electronic opto-coupled relays to isolate the trailer wiring from the bike. I also ran a new feed wired (+ & -) from the battery to my custom module. I also installed a dedicated fuse box for the trailer wiring. My setup runs separate brake and turn signals for Australian requirements.

Can anyone tell me if the Can-am module tells the F3-S to set TRAILER MODE - and - is there a way to set trailer mode manually.

Thanks guys,

Regards,

Jim
    The 1330 engine does not require trailer mode, hence it is not there.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The 1330 engine does not require trailer mode, hence it is not there.

Cruzr Joe
    G'day Joe,

Thanks - problem "solved"

Jim

Spyder Garage

The F3S is not designed for a trailer. The wiring diagram does not show a power feed for the trailer module. So what parts of that circuit may or may not be there who knows. You made a workaround stick with that.

2018 F3 LIMITED