Spyder Garage

Default Another F3T air adjustable shock ?

Followed woodbox thread and also older ones on the F3T air adjustable shock. It seems there's an "acceptable leak" of ~ 1-2 pounds / ride or per week or so. Mine seems to leak much faster than that. I read an older post about how this can be fixed by trimming the valve, but curious me, wondering if this is amenable to AmerSeal? Tried asking on "Live Chat" but i must've done something wrong there...tx in advance...

Spyder Garage

Don't have an answer for you re: adjustable air shock, my experience with my RTS adjustable air is that the air shock bag fluctuates with a hissing sound is sometimes reinflating the shock based off of the load. was told to set it, and leave it alone. When I did have an actual leak of 10-20 lbs, was replaced under warranty. Took me a year to figure it out

Eventually the right person will see this about their F3T and give you sound advice.
    What also helps since you did a search already of your topic, is when the op finds the answer they go back and update/ edit there initial post that there is an answer too

2nd question regarding asking a question in "Live Chat" No one sees this hardly ever, even though there may be 5 names listed, does not mean they are monitoring the chat section. Just that they are on the "Forum Section" of the page Hence I post the date each time I enter in there. Currently shows Users in the chatbox : 5 user(s)
    jroberts650, 3whlLefty, Y Rider, TicketBait*, MNBK

Unless I create a thread like you have and say "Hey join me in the Chat section I have a question that (for me) warrants immediate response about..(blah blah blah)

Very few eyes will see it.

Hope this helps,

TicketBait

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I noticed mine goes down ~5lbs over a month's time. It sat in the garage this winter and it was down ~13 over about three months. Not sure if that's average, exceptional or catastrophic but it's what I got.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Midian View Post
    I noticed mine goes down ~5lbs over a month's time. It sat in the garage this winter and it was down ~13 over about three months. Not sure if that's average, exceptional or catastrophic but it's what I got.
    That's about the same as my 2016 F3-L, Midian. Seems to be about average. I have FOBO on mine to keep an eye on it and top it up a couple of pounds a fortnight.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 04-13-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    That's about the same as my 2016 F3-L, Midian. Seems to be about average. I have FOBO on mind to keep an eye on it and top it up a couple of pounds a fortnight.

Pete
    FOBO is a great idea!

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO & valve access

Quote Originally Posted by Midian View Post
    FOBO is a great idea!
    FOBO is a good idea,

but is there somebody who have found a way to add FOBO or any other kind of pressure system inline with the valve ? That way, we would prevent any pressure loss while removing either the FOBO system or pump. On my F3T, I have seen that just removing my pump, I can loose a few PSI. I guess that by removing or adding the FOBO after having inflated the shock, we also can loose a few PSI. It might be a good idea the always have a pressure monitor system in place.

Any idea ?
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Default Adding a FOBO for air shock

Yukon...you might try a reply from 3/4/16 dsvogel...mentions using a FOBO on the air shock and someone has tried it w some success

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    FOBO is a good idea,

but is there somebody who have found a way to add FOBO or any other kind of pressure system inline with the valve ? That way, we would prevent any pressure loss while removing either the FOBO system or pump. On my F3T, I have seen that just removing my pump, I can loose a few PSI. I guess that by removing or adding the FOBO after having inflated the shock, we also can loose a few PSI. It might be a good idea the always have a pressure monitor system in place.

Any idea ?
    I just pump my shock up to 55lbs (I'm 300lbs), and by the time you remove the pump and put the FOBO back on, it's around 52. 2 weeks later it's around 48.....repeat process.....works very well for me, and FOBO tells me if I have a catastrophic failure in the meantime (hopefully never!)

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

You might try this out. If enough are interested, maybe Lamont might offer these T-valves.
    BuckskinIMG_1051.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    FOBO is a good idea,

Any idea ?
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    You might try this out. If enough are interested, maybe Lamont might offer these T-valves.
    BuckskinIMG_1051.jpg
    Will that fit without contacting the underbody of the seat, Buckskin? The Fobo sensor only just fits, and the t-valve above looks at least twice the height of the stand alone sensor.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Pete, you might have something there. I just took ownership of an F3T last week and am in process of adding some things. I saw the valve stem under the passenger seat and it looks very close. May not work. Will also take a look at underside of passenger seat to see what might obstruct with that T valve. Also next week will be replacing the stock shorty rubber valve stems with a 1" straight bolt in stem and will see what that looks like as it is and also with the T-valve too. Will post pictures later.IMG_0320.JPG
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Will that fit without contacting the underbody of the seat, Buckskin? The Fobo sensor only just fits, and the t-valve above looks at least twice the height of the stand alone sensor.

Pete
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I had a leak at the elbow fitting on the top of my bag. I pulled it out so I could dunk it in a tub of water to find the leak. When I put it back I replaced all the pushlock fittings with better ones and added an air gauge. I lose about 1 lb a month now and it's a lot easier to add air and monitor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJ999 View Post
    Followed woodbox thread and also older ones on the F3T air adjustable shock. It seems there's an "acceptable leak" of ~ 1-2 pounds / ride or per week or so. Mine seems to leak much faster than that. I read an older post about how this can be fixed by trimming the valve, but curious me, wondering if this is amenable to AmerSeal? Tried asking on "Live Chat" but i must've done something wrong there...tx in advance...
    Make sure to check that the "valve" inside the stem is tight. You will need the small valve stem wrench that fits inside the stem. I got 3/4 turn on mine and it fixed the slow leak. Just something else that can be checked.

Chris