Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Question about trailer hitch

I understand that the show chrome hitch will work for the RT, ST, RS, and GS. I know that the F3 looks totally different, but the swing arm on the F3T looks more similar to the previously mentioned bikes. So, will a hitch from a RT fit a F3T?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Yes it will fit. The swing arm is the same.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

The BRP hitch that I took off my 2013 RT LTD fits onto my F3T. As stated above the swing arm is the same. I just need to get that wiring harness set up for my RT622 trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    The BRP hitch that I took off my 2013 RT LTD fits onto my F3T. As stated above the swing arm is the same. I just need to get that wiring harness set up for my RT622 trailer.
    The wiring harness harness from the RT will fit the F3 too. Did you take it off?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The wiring harness harness from the RT will fit the F3 too. Did you take it off?

I could be wrong on this but i believe that the wiring harness for the RT and the F3 are different, the Hitch is the same.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks guys. I don't have a wiring harness on the RT, as I just use the hitch to attach my Doc Humphries rack. Thanks again.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I could be wrong on this but i believe that the wiring harness for the RT and the F3 are different, the Hitch is the same.

Cruzr Joe
    OK I will bite. What's the difference? Same 10 pin connector with the same pinout.

RT, ST and F3T are all the same.

Here is a picture of the connector to tap into from the F3 hitch instructions.

F3 hitch.JPG

Here is the picture of the connector from the RT hitch instructions.

RT hitch.JPG

They used the same picture.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I was relying on info from Lamonster Garage which says that they are different wiring harnesses and are not interchangeable.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I was relying on info from Lamonster Garage which says that they are different wiring harnesses and are not interchangeable.

Cruzr Joe
    BRP harness will work. Show Chrome harness for RT will not. Other after market may not as well.

2018 F3 LIMITED