Spyder Garage

Default customized vent screens

Wanted a customized look for the vents, but did not want it to look like a chicken coop.
    So I bought powder coated aluminum Hexagon grill, and modified the factory grills. Looks good to me. With the backlighting installed these should look Awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CUSTOM SCREENS

....VERY NICE JOB ...... if you glued the screens in - what glue did you use ????? ............if no glue - how did you attach .......... Thanks ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....VERY NICE JOB ...... if you glued the screens in - what glue did you use ????? ............if no glue - how did you attach .......... Thanks ..... Mike
    Thank You, They are glued with JB WELD Plastic Bonder High Strength Structural Adhesive 15 minute set/30 minute cure time Black ..Try Walmart either in the automotive specialty rack, or over in home repair by the paint area. I sanded the bonder for a smooth texture, and then lightly painted the area black.
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CoolSpyder2014 View Post
    Wanted a customized look for the vents, but did not want it to look like a chicken coop.
    So I bought powder coated aluminum Hexagon grill, and modified the factory grills. Looks good to me. With the backlighting installed these should look Awesome.
    Very cool that's a much nicer look than the chicken wire. Can I steal your idea? jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    Very cool that's a much nicer look than the chicken wire. Can I steal your idea? jtpollock
    If you steal it from him I am going to steal it from you.... Love it.. Very nice..

Spyder Garage

Default Well done...👍

Very nice 'ing for the picture of them installed back on the spyder...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default STEAL?

You can not steal what is freely given, Please take it an run with the idea, maybe your idea will improve on it.
    Im currently shaping a custom vent for the right side radiator exhaust, once its all done I will share the pictures