Spyder Garage

Default Seen it I think..

I have the ST SE5 2013 and I was reading here in the forums that they received free body parts changed for free due to heating issues. I call the local show and they are stating with my serial number the only recall is something with the brakes? They are going to replace the part for free but there is no mention of change of the plastic to cool off the engine? Anyone know anything about this issue?

Spyder Garage

Fyi it was not a recal but a option for 2014 panels on the 2013 : parts are sure to be slim if they even still offer. Dont feel bad I still have my 13panels on too will have to find replacement decals if i can update
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...98#post1237498

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Cooling your Spyder!

The original "Cooling Kit" was for the 2013 RT. It seems it got hot enough to burn some skin & actually burnt up some Spyders! You can order the scoops direct from BRP or your dealer and install them yourself. I'm in the process of doing mine right now. When I questioned others on here about them I got some replies about removing some lower, as in underbody panels. I guess the deal is "More Air in with the scoops cooling the engine compartment" , the more air, hopefully out and not too much Drag from main body. I think the lwer panels are called the "belly pan"!

Spyder Garage

The swap out of the 2013 ST side panels for 2014 ST side panels is NOT a recall!!!! It is a Goodwill bulletin from BRP. An authorized BRP/ Spyder dealer has to call BRP to order replacement panels, it takes 2 weeks approximately to get the parts. This a no charge to the Spyder owner, and BRP allows a labor charge to the dealer.
    I had mine done, biggest problem I had was educating the dealer about the problem and getting the correct parts ordered. There is a recall for RT models to install air intake vents,
    but that is only for RT models, do not confuse the two. They are very different issues. Good luck, and try to get it done, as the weather gets hotter, you will be glad you did!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Cost ?

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    The swap out of the 2013 ST side panels for 2014 ST side panels is NOT a recall!!!! It is a Goodwill bulletin from BRP. An authorized BRP/ Spyder dealer has to call BRP to order replacement panels, it takes 2 weeks approximately to get the parts. This a no charge to the Spyder owner, and BRP allows a labor charge to the dealer.
    I had mine done, biggest problem I had was educating the dealer about the problem and getting the correct parts ordered. There is a recall for RT models to install air intake vents,
    but that is only for RT models, do not confuse the two. They are very different issues. Good luck, and try to get it done, as the weather gets hotter, you will be glad you did!!!
    How much did this cost you ??

MelloYelloSpyder

Quote Originally Posted by rkba101 View Post
    How much did this cost you ??
    Stated NO COST TO THE SPYDER OWNER. I had this done a year ago. Dealer would not install so I took them home and did it myself. Only took about 45 minutes for the whole job.

Spyder Garage

rkba101, Sorry, I just saw your question. The side panels and labor were paid for by BRP. BRP allows the dealer 3/4 hr. labor which is plenty of time for a Spyder mechanic to replace the
    side panels. Total cost to me $0.00, and the time to and from the dealer and labor time waiting, no money changed hands!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Default I agree!

I'm jumping in here kind of late. I bought my 2013 STL in 2015. When I asked the dealer about the heat issue, he dug up the bulletin and read it to me. It even included the dealership sending panels to a paint shop to have the color matched if the 2013 color was no longer made.

My dealership had the parts within a few days and called me to schedule. It took them about 2 hours. Probably that long because they had to apply the decals on the new parts.

I would recommend jumping on it ASAP.
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

MelloYelloSpyder

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    I'm jumping in here kind of late. I bought my 2013 STL in 2015. When I asked the dealer about the heat issue, he dug up the bulletin and read it to me. It even included the dealership sending panels to a paint shop to have the color matched if the 2013 color was no longer made.

My dealership had the parts within a few days and called me to schedule. It took them about 2 hours. Probably that long because they had to apply the decals on the new parts.

I would recommend jumping on it ASAP.
    They were pretty slow in doing it then. 2 HOURS. I did it in less time than that at home and that included installing the two decals that needed to be put on.

Spyder Garage

Default Cooling Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Tomline View Post
    The original "Cooling Kit" was for the 2013 RT. It seems it got hot enough to burn some skin & actually burnt up some Spyders! You can order the scoops direct from BRP or your dealer and install them yourself. I'm in the process of doing mine right now. When I questioned others on here about them I got some replies about removing some lower, as in underbody panels. I guess the deal is "More Air in with the scoops cooling the engine compartment" , the more air, hopefully out and not too much Drag from main body. I think the lwer panels are called the "belly pan"!
    The cooling kit was for the 2013 RT. I'm not sure if this issue also applies to the 2012 RT-SE5. Was there a part number for the kit, and do you recall how much it cost you?