Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Looks like Tapatalk is gone for good!

Well, Lamont said he was removing Tapatalk a few days ago. The blank page problem was the last straw for him. But TT continued to work for reading and posting until today. Now when I connect up to the forum via TT everything is blank. Clicking (actually tapping) on a message in the TT feed page comes up with a network error message. So, it looks like Lamont has ripped out all the vestiges of Tapatalk and it is gone for good.

I really hate to see it go. It made reading the forum on a tablet or phone so easy. But Lamont essentially said not enough of us were using it to justify his time and effort to keep it running, considering all the hassles their updates were causing. I'm sad.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Too bad...

It was the only way I knew if someone replied to one of my posts....will not be answering much anymore...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default That's awful!

I almost exclusively used Tapatalk, I'm usually am on the road and rarely in front of a computer. Tapatalk kept me up on what's going on with Spyderlovers.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    It was the only way I knew if someone replied to one of my posts....will not be answering much anymore...
    U can still subscribe to threads you post in & will assist your reviews
    (Can fill up email quick tho)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Why does this make you happy? Just wondering.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Why does this make you happy? Just wondering.
    Horrible App.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Horrible App.
    I liked it because I could put pictures up easily and it was working fine until last week.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So we will no longer get the annoying invitation to join taptalk? I'm happy.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I used TT and I liked it. It would be nice if a suitable replacement could be found. We always used it to keep up while away from the PC. Anyone who did not like it really didn't have to use it. Now it annoys no one.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My only experience with TapaTalk, was the annoying "Use Me" screen that would pop up when I was using the Missus' I-Pad...
    Forgive my ignorance: what the heck did it do, that was so special?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tried TT a year or so ago, and it only let me see a few of the sub-forums, not all of them. So I gave up. Now I use the net on my smart phone and see the whole thing, just like on my laptop.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Well, Lamont said he was removing Tapatalk a few days ago. The blank page problem was the last straw for him. But TT continued to work for reading and posting until today. Now when I connect up to the forum via TT everything is blank. Clicking (actually tapping) on a message in the TT feed page comes up with a network error message. So, it looks like Lamont has ripped out all the vestiges of Tapatalk and it is gone for good
    I appreciate the information.. I was quite perplexed why TT wasn't working. I've been using TT almost exclusively for Spyder Lovers.
    Currently on the website, it's working on my smart phone, but not as easy to navigate. Hopefully in time I'll be able to use easier..... Still liked TT .
    2011 RT limited , BajaRon plugs and custom wires Pearl white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    My only experience with TapaTalk, was the annoying "Use Me" screen that would pop up when I was using the Missus' I-Pad...
    Forgive my ignorance: what the heck did it do, that was so special?
    Two or three things I really liked was it skipped the home page and went right to postings, it didn't show all the bling stuff like signatures and avatar photos, and it had a tab for 'Participated' that showed all the threads you had posted in. Another tab was 'Unread' that showed all the threads that had been added to since your last visit.

It's a stripped down slimmed down reading and posting app that makes it easy to read and write forum posts on a tablet or phone.

It is ad supported with, I believe, some of the revenue going to the forum owner.

I saw the annoying 'Use Me' screen whenever I went to a forum that used TT but to which I had not subscribed. In the few forum exchanges I've had with the TT developers on their forum I've come to the conclusion that their marketing skills are somewhere between suck and none.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I used tapatalk from my iPad about 3-4 years ago about 5 times, thought it was
    cool cuz it would say at the bottom of the page that
    it was delivered from "tapatalk"------like I was soooo
    busy and on the Goooo,,,,,,, away from my computer.
    (probably gassing up in Arkansas, or Michigan or NewMexico!
    NO, I was upstairs in my bed trying to fall asleep reading spyderlovers posts.

and yes I have been to AK, NM, just not Michigan yet

Now if I post from my iPhone it says posted from "iPhone", my ego is still in check
    Yes, we all have a fragile ego, if you are not aware of this, thats ok, it is very difficult to omit or see. Not so much in the movies for a superhero.......Hey , Maybe you are a Super Hero and don't need love

I always like to include pictures in my posts, so here goes;

and my first photo, so proud of my new ride on my first day of my never ending adventure

She is so stock BRP ooooops did I go off topic

Spyder Garage

Well I use TT 100% of the time because of the easy to check and filter through the threads. Because I use my cell almost 100% of the time and trying to search the SL site while on a cell is not practical, I will be on here a lot less. But I do understand the issues with using it. Over the past 2 years, every time TT would push out an update it would make it almost completely useless until the bugs would get worked out.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 11rtLTD View Post
    I appreciate the information.. I was quite perplexed why TT wasn't working. I've been using TT almost exclusively for Spyder Lovers.
    Currently on the website, it's working on my smart phone, but not as easy to navigate. Hopefully in time I'll be able to use easier..... Still liked TT .
    Glad I decided to search those forums for Tapatalk. I've been fighting it for days when all of a sudden on my phone I couldn't access Spyderlovers. Goodness knows I changed my password a dozen times thinking it was me. Not my favorite app but made things a bit easier to read.

Spyder Garage

Good Riddence

I never used the damn thing and the nag screen that I got when I opened the site from my mobile was just damn annoying.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Well, it just earned my ire. I tried to make Firefox the default app for SL links in notification emails. TT had been the default. I did everything I could get TT stop being the default but it wouldn't let go. Finally had to uninstall it.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

It's really too bad, I use TT solely for using forums and I refuse to use the regular web based site because it loads too much stuff that kills your battery and eats data. There are still a lot of vBulletin Solutions forums that are up and running through TT, not real sure why someone would just give up on supporting it. I guess there's more to it...
    2014 ST Limited , Silver Platinum Satin

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I never got that. Wait, I was on tapatalk.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Well this explains why I've been having so much trouble lately. I've been reinstalling, etc trying to get it to work again

its a pain to use the forum on a mobile device via web browser. It would at least be nice if there was a mobile version of the site that automatically loaded when you're on a mobil device.

While I preferred earlier versions of Tapatalk, I still found it to be the best way to navigate and post.
    I believe there's a way to get rid of the 'annoying nag question'.

Will have to to look for other mobile friendly ways to access this forum for sure.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default Hoping for a replacement app

I really preferred TT for most mobile devices ... mobile browsing leaves a lot to be desired especially on a phone.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    I really preferred TT for most mobile devices ... mobile browsing leaves a lot to be desired especially on a phone.

I agree!