Spyder Garage

Default Check Transmission.

Hey Guys,

So I finally took my bike out and did the following maintenance
    1) Oil change
    2) changed exhaust
    3) bleed brakes
    4) exhaust gasket

Was riding home and I kept getting check transmission. I got the oil from bajaron as everyone recommended. I was reading on the forums that it could be related to the oil and others are saying it's the shifter. I'm just confused and upset

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you pull the code it will give you a better direction to move in.

Spyder Garage

Several common causes for a check transmission message. So get the fault code to narrow down the problem.
    Note the fault must be active for this to work. That means the check transmission message must be scrolling across the screen when you do this.

* With ignition switch on (or engine running) press MODE button repeatedly until "engine hours" (total hours) shows on display.
    * Press and hold MODE button while pushing the "flash high beams" button five times within 2 seconds.
    * If there are no active faults "No Active Fault Code" will be displayed.
    * If there is an active fault, an alphanumeric code will be displayed.
    * If there is more than one active code, you may press MODE to cycle through them.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

I see you changed the exhaust gaskets. I will assume those are the Y gaskets on either side of the spyder. Check you did not damage the gear positioning sensor wires. Some times a loose shifting arm will make shifting off or a missed shift can cause this as well. If you remove the key and give the computers time to reset warning will clear..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Ok so I rode the bike for about 50 miles and I got no more of check transmission. I do get brake failure when I'm at super low speed like 8 mph braking and between 3-2k RPM. I think that's because when we bleed the brakes, the level just might be a bit low.

Spyder Garage

Default Brake code

Quote Originally Posted by tecnodog7 View Post
    Ok so I rode the bike for about 50 miles and I got no more of check transmission. I do get brake failure when I'm at super low speed like 8 mph braking and between 3-2k RPM. I think that's because when we bleed the brakes, the level just might be a bit low.
    I can tell you from experience, the brake fluid reservoir has some pretty darn sensitive sensors . Great safety feature but scary too. Keep it topped off.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The check transmission warning will come back at some point. That's my guess anyway. This is how it happened to me. it would show up, then go away, then show up over a 1000 mile period. When you see it again pull the code as described in an above reply. Then you will know what's causing the issue. For me it has a bad shift paddle. The Spyder ran fine and for the most part shifted fine....it would just miss a shift here and there (I'd have to flick the paddle twice to make the shift happen). It was all covered under my best warranty.