Spyder Garage

Question Key for Corbin Seat?

My new to me GS has a Corbin seat, but came with no key. I can get the seat off from under the seat with a screw driver at the cable arm, but not ideal. I have searched, but have not found much info (have not called Corbin yet). I am willing to change the lock if need be, I even have one that may fit. I would like to know if there is a way to just get a key? From what I have found they appear to not have a lot of different keys for this lock? It seams as though the key is somewhat generic and if I can fined the key code I can order on ebay. I don't see a code on my lock if anyone has dealt with this before please .
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar
    Lamonster's upgraded BRP vibration damper.
    2019 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic Dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Honestly: you should probably call Corbin first.
    If they can't help you with a key for a seat that they sold: nobody can!

Good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I noticed some seats have a key. Mine does not but you unlock it with the ignition key so no key needed. I love the gas door. No need to open it for normal gas filling.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I noticed some seats have a key. Mine does not but you unlock it with the ignition key so no key needed. I love the gas door. No need to open it for normal gas filling.
    Yeah Mine is a two piece, the front opens with the ignition key, But the back locks on with it's own key.
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huked View Post
    Yeah Mine is a two piece, the front opens with the ignition key, But the back locks on with it's own key.
    If its a two piece its prolly a simple cam lock, finding right key code may require removing the lock so why not just go ahead & replace then?& or if uour fine with just the oem key ask Corbin how to make the seat act as a one piece ....
    getting the answer from Corbin good luck. Can you still contact the previous owner maybe they hid a spare, or have a reciept with a helpfull number.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin key 757

My new to me GS has a Corbin seat, but came with no key. I can get the seat off from under the seat with a screw driver at the cable arm, but not ideal. I have searched, but have not found much info (have not called Corbin yet). I am willing to change the lock if need be, I even have one that may fit. I would like to know if there is a way to just get a key? From what I have found they appear to not have a lot of different keys for this lock? It seams as though the key is somewhat generic and if I can fined the key code I can order on ebay. I don't see a code on my lock if anyone has dealt with this before please .

I have a Corbin key #757. It is a key for my Corbin seat I bought for my Indian Scout. I didn't realize I had an extra key. If you think it will fit I can mail it to you. IMG_1208.jpg
    Send me a msg if you want it.

Spyder Garage

Ok now I understand, the key is for the back seat. I do not have a back seat because instead I chose to have a Smuggler trunk. It had a key to unlock the trunk and you just have a small lever to tale it off from the inside. I have extra keys for the smuggler and side bags but it may not be the same one. My key says 910S
    Last edited by AY4B; 04-09-2017 at 07:27 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    If its a two piece its prolly a simple cam lock, finding right key code may require removing the lock so why not just go ahead & replace then?& or if uour fine with just the oem key ask Corbin how to make the seat act as a one piece ....
    getting the answer from Corbin good luck. Can you still contact the previous owner maybe they hid a spare, or have a reciept with a helpfull number.
    It is a cam lock and I may have one if it fits. I was just hoping to not have to take it out. The problems I have read about help from Corbin is why I started here. I do have the dealer in contact with previous owner, he is old and sick I think. I am not sure if he will even know what they are asking for.
    Last edited by Huked; 04-09-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldman55 View Post
    I have a Corbin key #757. It is a key for my Corbin seat I bought for my Indian Scout. I didn't realize I had an extra key. If you think it will fit I can mail it to you. IMG_1208.jpg
    Send me a msg if you want it.

That would be very nice, I just have not seen a key code yet? That is what I was hoping someone could help me with.
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Ok now I understand, the key is for the back seat. I do not have a back seat because instead I chose to have a Smuggler trunk. It had a key to unlock the trunk and you just have a small lever to tale it off from the inside. I have extra keys for the smuggler and side bags but it may not be the same one. My key says 910S
    Yes exactly. The key code is what I am looking for? Thank you, at this point though I don't know what key I need.
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar