Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default freedom trailers - anyone installed extra racks?

HAs any one put a rack on their trailers to carry extra gas cans on long trips. planning an 1100 mile trip this summer.

Spyder Garage

I carry a small box in my trailer with a gallon of gas, quart of oil and other necessities. The gallon of gas is in a sealed container.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I put some fairly thin diamond plate aluminium over my top box to carry a small fuel can plus it is amazing how it keeps the inside of the top box cool in the sun, just a couple of degrees above ambient! I used four 1/4" x 1" threaded spacers to mount it, all stainless.

You might be able to do something like that on your trailer.

Tri Luggage Rack (Small).jpg
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Default Magic Tank

Quote Originally Posted by spyder238 View Post
    HAs any one put a rack on their trailers to carry extra gas cans on long trips. planning an 1100 mile trip this summer.
    Go to www.mymagictank.com. You can buy as little as a half liter of emergency non flammable fuel that can be carried in your saddlebag.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder238 View Post
    I bought a metal planter box, and a couple square U bolts to attach the planter box to the bar behind the hitch clamp. It is big enough to put in a two gallon gas can.

getPart-1.jpg

Please excuse the paint job. I found out after the fact that you cannot use rattle can paint on plastic without proper primer.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold