Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Guided Ryde Seminar!

Hello everyone, My name is Dennis Boland and I am honored to be a member of a wonderful group called MOGANG. We, along with Len and Vanessa from Pitbull Powersports in Springfield, MO, help to put on Spyderfest every year. I've been asked to help with the guided rydes this year at Spyderfest and I'm excited to say that we've got two excellent rydes mapped out for you all. The first one is a short ryde (approx 2-1/2hrs) featuring the Historic Route 66 and a nostalgic little town known as Gay Parita. The second ryde is a long ryde (approx 3 - 3-1/2hrs) featuring the beauty of the Ozarks and surrounding lakes. Each ryde will have a ryde leader & a ryde tail-gunner with a strict limit of 30 or less ryders. There will be six rydes on Thursday April 27th & six rydes on Friday April 28th, 3 short rydes & 3 long rydes on each day. It will be on a first come/first serve basis, so the early bird gets the worm. The long rydes will begin at 9am, 10am, & 11am on both Thursday and Friday. The short rydes will begin at 9:30am, 10:30am, & 11:30am on both Thursday and Friday. There will also be several unguided rydes mapped out for your driving pleasure. Now, for the really good part: On Wednesday, April 26th at 3pm , on the Ozark Empire fairgrounds parking lot, we are sponsoring a Guided Ryde Seminar and I highly recommend that anyone considering participating in one or both of the guided rydes, attend this highly informative seminar. Even those who are experienced ryders may find this seminar helpful. All are welcome. We are very excited about this year's Spyderfest and are looking forward to seeing all of you there. Happy Trails!
    Last edited by spyderfever; 04-08-2017 at 05:29 PM.
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First, thank you for your volunteer work to make Spyderfest so great. Also, thanks for thinking to have a seminar about the guided rides.

Many people (like me) don't do group rides very often may forget some of the protocols. How about a preview of the topics you'll cover?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

You're welcome, Patti! We're praying for good weather during Spyderfest. Some of the areas covered will be hand signals, staggered riding, 3 second rule, rider courtesy, etc...
    Last edited by spyderfever; 04-08-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

guess we better leave tues. first timer here.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For anyone who has not ridden on Route 66, Missouri offers some of the best riding on the Route. You will very much enjoy the ride. You may also enjoy going east toward Rolla, MO and taking in Arlington and Devil's Elbow.

Spyder Garage

In fact, Devil's Elbow is one of the unguided rydes that has been mapped out for your ryding pleasure! Along with the Peels Ferry Ryde, Eureka Springs Ryde, & several other great rydes. I think you'll enjoy them all!

Spyder Garage

Any electronic formats of the rides available? PDF or files GPS units can load?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Great question, Firefly! I know we have the rydes mapped out & on a laptop computer. Let me see if they can be formatted in PDF. I'm not a computer guru but I think the directions are printed out in Word format. Let me talk with Joanie and see what we can do.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    For anyone who has not ridden on Route 66, Missouri offers some of the best riding on the Route. You will very much enjoy the ride. You may also enjoy going east toward Rolla, MO and taking in Arlington and Devil's Elbow.
    Couple things that I forgot. Arlington is at the end of a section of "66" that got cut off by the interstate. You can get to it from I-44 Exit 176. The old hotel (now private residence), the general store and a very large dog reside there. The road down through the Devil's Elbow area is only about 2 miles long, but it has become somewhat rough and has a speed limit of 25 MPH.
    Last edited by kngfsh27; 04-09-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfever View Post
    Great question, Firefly! I know we have the rydes mapped out & on a laptop computer. Let me see if they can be formatted in PDF. I'm not a computer guru but I think the directions are printed out in Word format. Let me talk with Joanie and see what we can do.
    Word has a built in PDF export feature.
    While many can open Word documents, anyone can open a PDF.
    I can work with either.. would just be nice to have them posted out here for download.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will work on that this week. Kev and I just got home from Springfield and he is out mowing the yard right now and hopefully we can ryde is just a little bit. So one of the evenings Kev is at work this week, I will see what I can do. I have to format them, just a little bit and should be good to go. Don't know if I can post PDF's on SL or not. Will have to check on that, but once I get them done and saved as PDF's I can email them to people if nothing else.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Love ya'll!!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Thanks Joanie! Glad you & Kevin made it home safely from Springfield. I appreciate any help with this request. Have a wonderful week!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Another Ride Possibility

You can cruise up around Stockton Lake. Some nice twisty roads. You can make it a lunch ride and stop in at the Squeeze Inn for a skirt burger.
    PS: They only take cash.

Spyder Garage

Thanks kngfsh27 for those suggestions. I've done the ride around Stockton lake and it is an awesome route for the spyder. We are very fortunate here In Missouri to have so many good roads to ride, and being so close to the Arkansas border, we have easy access to those roads too! Hope to see you at Spyderfest this year!

Spyder Garage

Default More thanks from First Timers

Thank you Mogang folks and past attendee's for this thread and subsequent posts, for us first timer's, specific suggestions like these are Great for those of us coming from out (way out) of the area.

Keep it up! I'm making a list on my Google Docs. PDF's or Word docs can be easily shared through there. AND PDF's can be shared on SL, I've posted my PDF Oil analysis.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

You're welcome, Dave & Sharon! Hope to meet you at Spyderfest in 2 weeks. The rides this year are awesome. Thanks for the info on PDF's. I'm not very computer savvy so I appreciate the knowledge. Happy Trails!

Spyder Garage

I know there will be alot of newbies this year at Spyderfest and they have a lot of questions about the rides. The guided rydes are free, but space is limited, so get there early to the Ozark Empire fairgrounds parking lot to get in line. There will be at least one stop on each ryde about midway point for gas, refreshments, stretching, snacks, comraderie, pictures, etc. The stops will be around 30 to 45 minutes approx and then an enjoyable ride back to the fairgrounds. The only money you will need is for food, gas, souvenirs, etc... If you've never been on a ride on Route 66 or in the Ozark Mountains, you are in for a treat, and if you have been, you know it will be a very memorable ryde. You may be spending most of your money on farkles for your spyder, but there's nothing wrong with that! Come and enjoy! P.S. Be sure and fill up your gas tank before the rydes because on the long ryde the first stop is in Forsyth, MO which is about 75miles away.
    Last edited by spyderfever; 04-12-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

I know I can change the files to pictures and post, but if you will email me at joaniestory@live.com and say, please send me the PDF of the rydes, I will send them to you.
    I will try to get Kev to help me post them as jpegs later this weekend. Please email and do not send me a PM through here.

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Please send me an email at Joaniestory@live.com and put in subject SpyderFest Rydes. i will email you the PDF's. I am not the best of posting them as pictures on here.

See you soon

Love to all

Joanie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm still thinking of going. A thousand mile ride to get there is causing brain waves though. I'll check hotels as it creeps up next week.

Spyder Garage

Hope you can make it, RoadKill! You'll meet lots of awesome people who love their spyders and the freedom it allows them. Safe travels and Godspeed!