Spyder Garage

Default Minnesota 3 wheel license?

Long story short. I took my test last fall on my Spyder, passed. I received my updated license in the mail today ( I purposely waited to have it put on). On the back under endorsements it says " none" and under restrictions it says " 3 wheel".

Shouldn't it say "motorcycle" under the endorsement section and 3 wheel under the restriction area? What does yours say?

Of course the dmv would be the one to ask but it is a weekend...

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Yeah it's backwards

Mine here in Virginia has "M3" under endorsements (we have M2 & M3 now). Restrictions are glasses, etc. It's on there and would show up if an officer pulled you up on the computer, wouldn't panic about it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Long story short. I took my test last fall on my Spyder, passed. I received my updated license in the mail today ( I purposely waited to have it put on). On the back under endorsements it says " none" and under restrictions it says " 3 wheel".

Shouldn't it say "motorcycle" under the endorsement section and 3 wheel under the restriction area? What does yours say?

Of course the dmv would be the one to ask but it is a weekend...

Thanks
    It looks to me like you are restricted to three wheel mc driving. That is what Linda has here. Don't matter because she is not planning on riding on two.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default My Washington lieense

My Washington license shows Class A 5TN Restrictions U. On the back, under endorsements it shows "5 Motorcycle with sidecar/trike only" "T- Double or Triple" and "N Tank Vehicle Liquid/Gasses".
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Default DMV

Thanks for the info. I have an email sent off to the DMV. The person had a very hard time when he updated my license. It took over an hour and mutiple phone calls so I am leary since it doesn't have anything listed under endorsements... I have to drive to the town next Friday so will swing in and double check.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know. ..!!

We are one of the ones that don't need and endorsement....I dropped my M class because we have to re-test at every renewal and it is a pain. I think the DMV decided that because the spyder is too large to lane split that it might as well be a car.... But worth checking with a LEO or your DMV
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default License

If you took the test on your Spyder, you are restricted to three wheels. If you took your test on a two wheel motorcycle you can ride either.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyron View Post
    If you took the test on your Spyder, you are restricted to three wheels. If you took your test on a two wheel motorcycle you can ride either.
    That is also the way it works in Alaska. When I moved to AK, in 2001, I had the MC endorsement from WI. Had to take written tests for both auto and mc. Got 100 % in both, so they did not have me take either driving test. The just issued my license with mc endorsement attached. Been good to go ever since.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-08-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Endorsement-none?

Thanks for your time. I understand about the restriction area saying 3 wheel, just dont understand why nothing listed under endoresments section. Those who have only 3 wheel license endorsement in MN look on the back of yours? I shouldn't let this bug me but it will...

On the plus side had a nice ride yesterday to Caswell cycle in Mora, Mn. Dropped "Big Bertha" off for routine look see, tires, sway bar and lazer alignment . Also test drove an F3... man does an F3 hug the road .