Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Tapatalk broken?

Hi, up until a few days ago I had been able to read the forum via Tapatalk on my phone. Now it no longer works. Other forums I am on work just fine. The error says "Tapatalk is not activated in your forum". Did software get upgraded? Is there something the admins have to do?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have noticed the same thing.
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

Posted previous. Issues with the program have caused it to be disabled from the SL site. It was mentioned that the people from TT were aware and not willing to make it work for SL.

One of the causes of the white blank screen.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-06-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It was discussed a lot in this thread: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...p-blank-screen

Tapatalk people don't tolerate criticism. I posted on their forum that it caused problems and had been disabled on SL. They removed the post.

It's still working for me on my tablet with a WiFi connection, so obviously all of it did not get removed from SL. But when I tried to connect with my phone, which I don't use often to read the forums, I got the same message. I guess as long as an existing connection is kept active it'll work, but who knows how long? Based on Lamont's comment I don't foresee him changing his mind any time soon about reinstating it.

Sadly, Tapatalk is the only forum reading app I'm aware of, and even though they need users to stay in business they seem to have an attitude of 'screw the user'.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I had a similar problem on here. What I did was unfollow SL. And then close TT out completely. Then reopen TT and searxh and "Re-Login" to SL and havent had any issues. I am typing this from my phone using TT as well. If that doesnt work, uninstall and reinstall TT. I also use the dark background, I think its easier to read and not as bright.

Anytime TT does an update, I always end up with issues with it one way or another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Anytime TT does an update, I always end up with issues with it one way or another.
    This may not be the first time, but at least it's been quite awhile, since a TT update mucked up the forum itself.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I had to restore my iPad from a backup and can no longer login to tapatalk. I even removed the app and downloaded it again ... and it will not work using the same login / PW that I use on my laptop.

I have looked for an alternative app and cannot find one - the IOS browser stinks so I guess mobility is out of the question for now.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    I had to restore my iPad from a backup and can no longer login to tapatalk. I even removed the app and downloaded it again ... and it will not work using the same login / PW that I use on my laptop.

I have looked for an alternative app and cannot find one - the IOS browser stinks so I guess mobility is out of the question for now.
    I guess you missed this thread I posted yesterday.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-gone-for-good!

The only thing the admins need to do is be convinced that having it on the forum is worthwhile. At this point Lamont sees it as not worthwhile. We can lay the blame on TT for doing stuff that mucked up the forum and Lamont got p****d at it.

You're right. There is no viable alternative. There was one app that tried to make a go but I think it got into trouble by not being all that good and borrowing the use of TT plugins on forum servers. My limited experience on the Tapatalk support forums indicates the TT people have little regard for users' and forum admins' feelings and comments. Too sad because it really is a fairly decent app. I really like it for reading forums on my tablet. SL is the only one I regularly participate in so I may uninstall if off my tablet. I need the memory space.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 04-10-2017 at 09:11 PM.

2014 Copper RTS