Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mustang seat for 2016 F3 LTD/SS

Hey all, hope everyone is happy and well! I've had Mustang seats on all my motorcycles so I am set on them over other brands. I am looking to do the same for my F3 now. Does anyone have any experience with putting a Mustang on an F3 LTD/Special Series? The thing that has me leery is the stock driver and passenger seats are separate and fasten to the bike in their own way. The Mustang seat is one piece, driver and passenger together. I'm only asking because it wouldn't be the first time something that is marketed to fit and work, doesn't.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...BCriteriaId%7D
    Last edited by Midian; 03-31-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well

The seat you are describing is not for your motorcycle! It I'd for an F3. I would reach out to the manufacturer and see if they make one for the F3T or L
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Midian View Post
    Hey all, hope everyone is happy and well! I've had Mustang seats on all my motorcycles so I am set on them over other brands. I am looking to do the same for my F3 now. Does anyone have any experience with putting a Mustang on an F3 LTD/Special Series? The thing that has me leery is the stock driver and passenger seats are separate and fasten to the bike in their own way. The Mustang seat is one piece, driver and passenger together. I'm only asking because it wouldn't be the first time something that is marketed to fit and work, doesn't.

I have the Mustang seat on my F3T and though it's only 1 piece, it fits fine.

(PM sent)
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    The seat you are describing is not for your motorcycle! It I'd for an F3. I would reach out to the manufacturer and see if they make one for the F3T or L

Why
    would you say this? All F3 models use the same seats.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Corbin, Mustang, Sergeant and another brand that escapes me for the moment are all horsesh*t and as such a HUGE waste of money. They offer nothing in the way of improving your ride. I had them on different bikes through the years and they offered nothing but a different looking seat. The best way to improve your seat is either get an Airhawk or its equivalent or do your own modifications. The BEST seat I ever had was one I custom fabricated myself. I removed the heavy vinyl cover, used an electric knife to remold the foam, added memory foam then covered everything with a spandex material and stapled it on. Total cost to me was $50 and NOT the $1,000 these scam companies want. If your butt is important spend some time and do it yourself. My Spyder is so far comfy with the Airhawk but I'll consider this after the riding season is over as a winter project if my butt says so. My thoughts.

Spyder Garage

Default Mustang seat for 2016 F3 LTD/SS

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    Corbin, Mustang, Sergeant and another brand that escapes me for the moment are all horsesh*t and as such a HUGE waste of money. They offer nothing in the way of improving your ride. I had them on different bikes through the years and they offered nothing but a different looking seat. The best way to improve your seat is either get an Airhawk or its equivalent or do your own modifications. The BEST seat I ever had was one I custom fabricated myself. I removed the heavy vinyl cover, used an electric knife to remold the foam, added memory foam then covered everything with a spandex material and stapled it on. Total cost to me was $50 and NOT the $1,000 these scam companies want. If your butt is important spend some time and do it yourself. My Spyder is so far comfy with the Airhawk but I'll consider this after the riding season is over as a winter project if my butt says so. My thoughts.
    Well, you're welcome to your opinion but many of us have found these 3rd party seats to be far superior and certainly my not 'horse*^%#'.
    I would not have been able to put 100,000 miles on my Spyders using a soft stock seat. The Corbin literally saved my a$$.
    I tried an Airhawk and hated it.. sent it back. Although I know many love them it just didn't work for me.
    To each their own, but I'll happily spend $1,000 or more for a quality seat like a Corbin. With Corbin the problem isn't with the seat itself, but with their customer service and support.
    Many also like the Ultimate and Kontour.
    These companies wouldn't survive if their products were just mere crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your OPINION.

As for mine, I used Mustangs on my HDs for years and they were vastly superior to the OEM.
    As for Airhawk, if you don't mind sitting HIGHER in the saddle and don't mind adjusting the air for colder and warmer temps . . . go for it.
    Just remember that one man's soup is another man's banquet.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Median,
    I have the Mustang seat for the F3 LTD and am quite happy with it. The fit is perfect and I think much better than the 2 piece stock seat. It latches with the original lock as if it were made for it. It is also heavier than the stock and much more solid. I also opted for the back rest which is a blessing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Firefly;1241122]

"These companies wouldn't survive if their products were just mere crap."

I disagree. People like myself have made purchases "hoping" for a better product only to be disappointed. Marketing also plays a HUGE role in a persons decision in their choice as well. These companies are not surviving because everyone lines up to buy them. They survive solely because their products are cheap to manufacture and the profits are HUGE. My only gripe is bang for the buck and I just NEVER experienced the bang. My thoughts.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Road-Kill;1241167]
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

"These companies wouldn't survive if their products were just mere crap."

I disagree. People like myself have made purchases "hoping" for a better product only to be disappointed. Marketing also plays a HUGE role in a persons decision in their choice as well. These companies are not surviving because everyone lines up to buy them. They survive solely because their products are cheap to manufacture and the profits are HUGE. My only gripe is bang for the buck and I just NEVER experienced the bang. My thoughts.
    Thanks again for another OPINION. So you've been disappointed by aftermarket seats... thousands of us have been very pleased with them. To say they're all a scam and cheap is ridiculous.
    Corbin seats are hand made and far superior quality and materials to OEM. There's a wait of 8-12 weeks to get one. Guess people ARE lining up to buy them.

Many people can't appreciate and justify paying for better quality. Some of us can. Despite recent issues I've had with Corbin's customer service, they still make an amazing seat that allows serious riders to rack up the miles.
    For those who only put a few thousand miles a year on I'm sure the OEM or air cushion pads are just fine.
    I suppose my Utopia backrest is a cheap scam too...... <eyeroll>
    And they look damn nice too!

Spyder Garage

And...another opinion--

I have bought many aftermarket seats. Five for five 's and many over the years for my two wheelers.

Have used Corbin, BRP Comfort, Kawasaki LTD, Mustang and a couple others I cannot remember. Have never been disappointed and they were always better than the seat that was replaced.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If you are looking for a better seat, let Russel Day Long saddles build one custom for your build, posture and butt. An amazing product with a real suspension inside, not just foam, far better quality materials and a customer service ethic second to none.

Just avoid Corbin's extremely poor attitude and go somewhere that wants your business and knows what they are building. Not a one size fits all solution.

20151218_151845.jpg

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

"Just avoid Corbin's extremely poor attitude and go somewhere that wants your business and knows what they are building. Not a one size fits all solution".

Could not have said it better!
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    And...another opinion--

I have bought many aftermarket seats. Five for five 's and many over the years for my two wheelers.

Have used Corbin, BRP Comfort, Kawasaki LTD, Mustang and a couple others I cannot remember. Have never been disappointed and they were always better than the seat that was replaced.

This entire site and your post is "another opinion". Thats the point of everything My thoughts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    If you are looking for a better seat, let Russel Day Long saddles build one custom for your build, posture and butt. An amazing product with a real suspension inside, not just foam, far better quality materials and a customer service ethic second to none.

Just avoid Corbin's extremely poor attitude and go somewhere that wants your business and knows what they are building. Not a one size fits all solution.

20151218_151845.jpg
    Yeah, it's sad to see the company that pioneered aftermarket seats go downhill. All three seats I've had with them have been of great quality though. Even my smuggler trunk is great quality.... just some issues with them not sending the right mounting parts, etc. decided to just mount it myself....
    Their customer service is pretty bad.
    I looked at the other options for the F3 on the market and none of them looked as good as the Corbin... it looks like it's meant to be there.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone! I am a die-hard Mustang fan. I've always had them and they have never let me down. With that said, everyone's ass is different and my ass wants a Mustang... wait, that came out wrong!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by papanorm View Post
    Median,
    I have the Mustang seat for the F3 LTD and am quite happy with it. The fit is perfect and I think much better than the 2 piece stock seat. It latches with the original lock as if it were made for it. It is also heavier than the stock and much more solid. I also opted for the back rest which is a blessing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That pretty much answered the fitment questions I had, thank you!!

Spyder Garage

All I can say is I had Mustang seats for my Yamaha V-Star 1300T and my Suzuki M50 and they were both superior to the OEM seats.

Still looking at an Ultimate seat for my RT-AC.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Default Update

The Mustang seat turned out perfect for my ‘16 F3 LTD SS. Here’s a video of the install. Thanks for everyone’s thoughts and input! Video: https://youtu.be/2dzx3pDq6vM

Spyder Garage

Great vid ^ I love the Mustang seat on my RT!

Pat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TEWKS View Post
    Great vid ^ I love the Mustang seat on my RT!

Pat
    Would you mind telling me if the mustang seat sits the passenger up higher than the stock RT seat? Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Csh72 View Post
    Would you mind telling me if the mustang seat sits the passenger up higher than the stock RT seat? Thank you

If it does it's minimal at best. I can't say I did a before & after passenger test but the firmer foam may give you the feeling of being higher in the seat. Great comfort for me, very pleased with it!

Pat

Spyder Garage

https://www.mustangseats.com/Categories.aspx

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

20151218_151845.jpg
    JC, are still using the BRP backrest with the Russell seat? That is the one I am looking at. Does it raise you up a lot?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.