Spyder Garage

Default Both Accessory Plugs dead - any ideas?

All of a sudden, both of my 12v accessory plugins, in the trunk and on the dash are dead. I have checked the fuse panel in the frunk and the one under the seat. No dead fuses in either. Any ideas? The one in the rear trunk is a factory installed unit and the one on the dash was installed by the dealership. BOTH went dead at the same time!
    Last edited by RanHag; 03-29-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    ESCI LED Brake Light, Ram mounts including ATV mount, mug holder and phone/GPS holder. Lamonster's NBV highway brackets. My version of Running Boards, Skid Plate, Bajaron's anti-sway bar, Dual flag bracket and flags. Bad Boy air horn. BRP air deflectors, Non-BRP hitch and USA Minitrailer Nomad, SENA Bluetooth Dongle.

Spyder Garage

Default Curious. ....

Were these installed with an inline fuse to the battery...? might have to trace the wires....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default accesory dead

The plug in in the trunk was factory installed. The one on the dash was dealer installed but both are dead!
    ESCI LED Brake Light, Ram mounts including ATV mount, mug holder and phone/GPS holder. Lamonster's NBV highway brackets. My version of Running Boards, Skid Plate, Bajaron's anti-sway bar, Dual flag bracket and flags. Bad Boy air horn. BRP air deflectors, Non-BRP hitch and USA Minitrailer Nomad, SENA Bluetooth Dongle.

Spyder Garage

Did you check with the key on or off double check the fuses I've checked fuses visually and they looked ok but weren't use a continuity tester and check tightness of battery cables

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rustynail51 View Post
    Did you check with the key on or off double check the fuses I've checked fuses visually and they looked ok but weren't use a continuity tester and check tightness of battery cables
    I checked with both the key on and off. The receptacle in the trunk is always hot...at least it was! I'll get the meter and check out the fuses again. The manual tells of a fuse that is not in either blocks (trunk and under the seat). It appears to be a single fuse. It also says its behind the LH rear panel. Haven't found that yet.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RanHag View Post
    I checked with both the key on and off. The receptacle in the trunk is always hot...at least it was! I'll get the meter and check out the fuses again. The manual tells of a fuse that is not in either blocks (trunk and under the seat). It appears to be a single fuse. It also says its behind the LH rear panel. Haven't found that yet.
    yes, that rear trunk outlet is always hot for 2011 model. If the ONLY thing that's not working are your accessory outlets, then it's most likely F9, the 10 amp fuse in the front fuse box. Did you remove it to check it or just give it a visual? Better to remove it and use your meter. If the upstream 40 amp fuse under the seat was blown - F1 - a whole lot more things would be inoperable, like your radio, horn, various lights, etc.

And that 60 amp fuse under the left side just comes from the voltage regulator. Not related. So, let's go back a take a closer look at F9.

PS. And what is it that you are plugging in? Try something else to ensure it actually is the outlet.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 03-29-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    yes, that rear trunk outlet is always hot for 2011 model. If the ONLY thing that's not working are your accessory outlets, then it's most likely F9, the 10 amp fuse in the front fuse box. Did you remove it to check it or just give it a visual? Better to remove it and use your meter. If the upstream 40 amp fuse under the seat was blown - F1 - a whole lot more things would be inoperable, like your radio, horn, various lights, etc.

And that 60 amp fuse under the left side just comes from the voltage regulator. Not related. So, let's go back a take a closer look at F9.

PS. And what is it that you are plugging in? Try something else to ensure it actually is the outlet.
    I'm plugging in my iPhone and have many, many times!

Spyder Garage

Bad phone cord? I would check it in your car to see if works there or not.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5legsshort View Post
    Bad phone cord? I would check it in your car to see if works there or not.
    Been there done that...I have double checked all connectors and cords. They work everywhere else!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For the cost of a 10A fuse: just replace it, and see what happens.
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So, any smoking gun yet?

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    For the cost of a 10A fuse: just replace it, and see what happens.
    Good Luck!
    Sounds like a plan!!!

Spyder Garage

THANKS TO ALL THAT TRIED TO ASSIST! IT WAS A FAULTY 10A FUSE. LOOKED FINE BUT WAS BAD!! AGAIN, THANKS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on finding the solution, and thanks for letting us know about it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RanHag View Post
    THANKS TO ALL THAT TRIED TO ASSIST! IT WAS A FAULTY 10A FUSE. LOOKED FINE BUT WAS BAD!! AGAIN, THANKS
    So my question is, the two accessories are shared using the same 10a fuse in front F9?
    2020 BLACK SPYDER F3S
    BMW EXHAUST TIP
    PUIG WINDSHIELD
    TUFSKINZ TANK PROTECTOR CARBON FIBER
    DISABLED DESS
    LED LIGHTS
    RAM MOUNT
    INSTA 360 X3
    SENA 10C PRO BLUETOOTH
    ALPINESTARS JACKET
    SCORPION EXO ST 1400 CARBON HELMET

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alexf415 View Post
    So my question is, the two accessories are shared using the same 10a fuse in front F9?
    Check the date Alex...

This thread was last visited 6 years ago! Yes, that was SIX years ago!

A bit of thread archeology might be worthwhile occasionally, but after SIX years, you might not want to hold your breath waiting for an answer from any of the original posters. Still, I think Snowbelt Spyder's answer in post #6 is pretty clear about that F9 fuse.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!