Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder F3-T 2017 Fog light work as low beam

Hi all
    I have Spyder F3-T 2017, and my low beam is the fog light and the high beam is the main headlight, and when I switch between low and high beam, only one work at a time.

Example:
    When I switch to the high beam the low beam get off and when I switch the low beam the high beam get off.

I attached a picture to this topic from the internet it's show that both the headlights and fog light are working together, I don't know how??!!

Any one know how can I do that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My guess, is that the lighting package required for your Country, is different than the one used in ours...
    It seems to be similar to the package used in England; although we need someone from their to confirm this...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

There is no work around, to solve this issue

Spyder Garage

Most of the topics and posts here on Spyderlovers are referencing USA spec models.

The RT series have the headlights wired differently from USA specs for other countries.

Possibly the F3 series also has a different lighting requirement than USA to be legal in other countries.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shabaanm View Post
    There is no work around, to solve this issue
    We've had some folks in here try to get the European lighting package for their USA RTs...
    we haven't heard of any successful attempts.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

To make your main lights operated as high and low beam. A jumper wire needs to be added to connect both the low beam filaments to the low beam circuit. Not sure if the NA harness can be ordered as separate part or needs to be custom made.

To convert you current your current low beams to auxiliary lights. The console switch would need to be added and the pigtail harness at the lights would have to be changed to the NA version.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    To make your main lights operated as high and low beam. A jumper wire needs to be added to connect both the low beam filaments to the low beam circuit. Not sure if the NA harness can be ordered as separate part or needs to be custom made.

To convert you current your current low beams to auxiliary lights. The console switch would need to be added and the pigtail harness at the lights would have to be changed to the NA version.
    I will try this solution with canam company her in Doha-Qatar, if it will work or not
    Thanks for all replies

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

The european, south American etc have different requirements and spec. Turn signals, fog lights etc are different. So what you see here are US models and some modified by owner. When ordering parts for a mod to my RS I had to order european parts as they are not available in the US . Altering light functions can be tricky if the computer senses lights not working normal will toss codes...Welcome to this new adventure....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HIGH AND LOW BEAM TOGETHER

The Spyder that was shipped to your Country was sent with ALL lighting to meet the REQUIREMENTS of your country. I doubt very much a certified BRP dealer is going to assist in changing that ........ I'm NOT being the Policeman here .... just giving some ( imho ) important advice ..... Yes the wiring can be changed to make this work but it may not be worth it ...... Why not just add Separate Hi-Power LED driving lights on the front suspension Arms like we do over here....... they won't cause possible electrical issues and can be removed if LEGALLY necessary without major surgery annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ....... Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post

Interestingly the parts diagram shows only one bulb for the upper lights, a dual filament. I shows different bulbs for different countries for the lower lights. I wonder if the upper lights are actually dual filament and if a simple reconnection will work. Maybe someone who has a service manual can look at the wiring diagram and show what the wiring configuration actually is.

The jumper you mention is because the uppper bulb for US models is single filament so the jumper is needed to keep power to the one filament in both high and low beam settings. But even in the US model all the other wiring is there.

To use the lower lights as auxiliary light you're right, he would need to add the fog light switch. But he maybe could just reconfigure the pigtail to the lower bulb. He probably would need to change the lower bulb so the light beam would be more fog light and less headlight.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)