Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Bajaron Swaybar - is this a problem? Solved!!!

Guys this is the update to this topic.
    without licking anybody ass, i want to say!

I am super surprised how Bajaron has approached this "problem". We most probably, found where the problem was created.
    I love when people are turning let say negative things to positive. This is really an American approach! BIG LIKE. and thanx again for all comments and advices.
    have an awesome day,
    Martin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi guys,
    just came from the dealer after my pre-season general service on F3s.
    I was hearing some squeaking noises from front of the bike. First I tough the new springs are causing a problem. Then we found it is a Bajaron swaybar that is having small trouble.
    check the video and please share your opinion.

1 - the whole swaybar is moving like you see on video, that is the main source of the the squeaking sound -OEM swaybar on the brand new F3 in the shop is static.
    2 - the white piece of plastic, that holds the bajaron on its place, is worn out, also this does not help, Material used is much softer than on OEM part.

Now my question is, what you think?
    is it OK that it moves from side to side?
    is it necessary to change that white plastic thing??
    Have you experienced the same problem?

thanx guys,
    have an awesome day

#MartinTheVlogger
    Last edited by Martin Slovakia; 03-29-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would contact BAJA RON. That does not look right. Those blocks tighten around the sway bar

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Contact Ron directly. I just checked my 2016 F3L and there is no movement. Who installed it?
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rs-amp-Helmets
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

There definitely should ne no movement of the sway bars. with it that lose it will no stay centered
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let me know what Bajaron says. I will be checking my F3 tonight. I posted sometime ago that my F3 had development a front squeak when going over bumps but I could not pin point it. This could be it. I also have the Bajaron Swaybar.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

Don't know about the F3 but when I installed the bar on my RS it came with the wrong plastic blocks. Ron overnighted the correct ones but my bar also came with stoppers to keep it from moving side to side like I see in the video. As those above talk to Ron he will make it right....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

in the video I can see the gap in the block above the bar. The bolts are not tight. It should be snug around the bar.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Hi guys,
    just came from the dealer after my pre-season general service on F3s.
    I was hearing some squeaking noises from front of the bike. First I tough the new springs are causing a problem. Then we found it is a Bajaron swaybar that is having small trouble.
    check the video and please share your opinion.

1 - the whole swaybar is moving like you see on video, that is the main source of the the squeaking sound -OEM swaybar on the brand new F3 in the shop is static.
    2 - the white piece of plastic, that holds the bajaron on its place, is worn out, also this does not help, Material used is much softer than on OEM part.

Now my question is, what you think?
    is it OK that it moves from side to side?
    is it necessary to change that white plastic thing??
    Have you experienced the same problem?

thanx guys,
    have an awesome day

#MartinTheVlogger
    You have an F3 sway bar with RT bushing blocks. Not sure how that happened but whoever installed it should never have let it go out of the shop that way. Contact me at 423-552-3720 and we'll get this fixed.

As long as I've been selling these bar kits we have never had a bushing block wear out. The plastic compound seems soft but it is a very special (and NOT CHEAP) compound called Delrin. It is a special, self lubricating compound used in a number of high wear, high stress racing applications where lubrication is needed but not possible. Ask the guys who know about Delrin, it's bullet proof.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-28-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I thought he had the wrong bushings in there but i was going to wait and let Ron explain it to him.

I would have a visit with whomever did the install and explain to them that this is not acceptable work.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default wrong bushing block?

Guys when there is a wrong bushing block = it was a wrong block delivered? from where they would have other block than this one? I am from slovakia, there is only 1 Bajaron swaybar in whole CEE country ))))
    well now I have ordered 2more for RT models, but still... )))
    Anyway, its not a point to blame anyone.

What i do appreciate more is the answer and solution, and this is what matters!!!!
    Sending you PM with my adress
    Martin

PS: Thanx to all of you for replies and help!

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You have an F3 sway bar with RT bushing blocks. Not sure how that happened but whoever installed it should never have let it go out of the shop that way. Contact me at 423-552-3720 and we'll get this fixed.

As long as I've been selling these bar kits we have never had a bushing block wear out. The plastic compound seems soft but it is a very special (and NOT CHEAP) compound called Delrin. It is a special, self lubricating compound used in a number of high wear, high stress racing applications where lubrication is needed but not possible. Ask the guys who know about Delrin, it's bullet proof.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I will be checking my Bajaron Swaybar tonight. I have had the Bar over a year and something started squeaking a few months back. This sound exactly the same. This is not uncommon getting the wrong part in the wrong unit. I had a friend order front Elka's for his ST and they came with the wrong spring. As simple as that sounds it took months to solve the problem.

Spyder Garage

I am from slovakia, there is only 1 Bajaron swaybar in whole CEE country
    Hi Martin. I know some guys in Spain with BajaRon's sway bars on theirs Spyders. Not a lot of them but more than one.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Default :))))

Quote Originally Posted by mcalva View Post
    Hi Martin. I know some guys in Spain with BajaRon's sway bars on theirs Spyders. Not a lot of them but more than one.
    Okie, buuuuut, if i want to be an a--Hole i will say, Spain is not CEE ))))))))) sorry just messing around but i know, there are few more people down here as well )))
    so I will say, NO ONE IN SLOVAKIA ))))))

have a great day
    martin

Spyder Garage

Okie, buuuuut, if i want to be an a--Hole i will say, Spain is not CEE ))))))))) sorry just messing around but i know, there are few more people down here as well )))
    so I will say, NO ONE IN SLOVAKIA ))))))

have a great day
    martin
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I will be checking my Bajaron Swaybar tonight. I have had the Bar over a year and something started squeaking a few months back. This sound exactly the same. This is not uncommon getting the wrong part in the wrong unit. I had a friend order front Elka's for his ST and they came with the wrong spring. As simple as that sounds it took months to solve the problem.
    Check my F3 Bajaron Swaybar last night. It is solid, no movement when pushing or pulling by hand. Still would like to know where the squeak is coming from. I hear it when going over bumps but cant reproduce it by jumping up and down on the pegs or by rocking it back and forth at a stop. If anyone has suggestions, input would be welcomed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Check my F3 Bajaron Swaybar last night. It is solid, no movement when pushing or pulling by hand. Still would like to know where the squeak is coming from. I hear it when going over bumps but cant reproduce it by jumping up and down on the pegs or by rocking it back and forth at a stop. If anyone has suggestions, input would be welcomed.
    Hope you don't mind me using your post as a springboard.

Any sounds made by the sway bar assembly can be reproduced by doing exactly what you are doing. Rocking the Spyder back and forth. So you are correct that it isn't the sway bar assembly making this noise. I just want to take this opportunity to remind people not to be tempted to lubricate the sway bar bushings. This will make a mess for sure. And it can also destroy the bushings.

If you ever have a question about my sway bar kits or any other of my products, you can always contact me before you try something that may or may not work.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...