Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Respect ??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    So when you are out for a ryde do you get respect from 2 wheel riders? I have noticed that people on Harley's, Gold Wings, traditional Trikes, and similar will wave when passing or come over and talk when parked. But on the other hand most people with sport bikes or "Jap Bikes" will ignore you.
    It's the opposite for me--Harley riders--when in a group won't wave.

2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    It's the opposite for me--Harley riders--when in a group won't wave.
    The ones who gave me the finger on SH1 the other day are probably regretting it - I was raising my hand to do the 'cops ahead' wave but decided not to bother.

Spyder Garage

Default The Wave

This is a courtesy thing not mandatory. I've had groups as large as 20 on Harley's and all of them wave. Also had crotch rocket riders warn when police are ahead. Sometimes I haven't waved because of a distraction. Bikers in general are good people.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Out here in Cali, most everyone waves no mater what they ride.

Bob
    it will be interesting to compare states as we ryde to Valcourt!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As you cross the Continent: keep track of the total number of bikes you pass, and the total number of waves that you get...
    (It's a good job for your Co-Pilot!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Great Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    As you cross the Continent: keep track of the total number of bikes you pass, and the total number of waves that you get...
    But alas, my Co-pilot will be piloting the RTL while I ryde alongside her on the F3L. I just don't have that many fingers and toes! But I certainly will try to get a feel for percentages.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That gives you room for a passenger...
    I'd suggest a Co-Ed Statistics major... and keep out of sight of the RTL!

MelloYelloSpyder

I just bought a Harley Road King a couple of months ago and I will say that even some Harley riders don't wave to other Harley riders. I was on my way home and I generally wave or nod to all riders unless I am distracted by traffic or road conditions. So I wave to this other rider on a 30 mph city road, no other traffic around and he goes on by....NOTHING....So I look in the rear view and see he is a member of one of the douche bag clubs that think they are bad asses in this area...THE FAMILY...Whatever no big deal....

Spyder Garage

Out where I live everybody waves at everybody. If they dont that means they must be a city slicker.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I always wave and 97.8% return the wave. I am saying, I am having a good time riding my scoot, how about you? No wave returned tells me they don't enjoy our sport, sorry 'bout that.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Default Uh Oh!

That gives you room for a passenger...
    I'd suggest a Co-Ed Statistics major... and keep out of sight of the RTL!
    Not a bad Idea, but my missus processes payroll for a living and she is very good with numbers, and in her eye, 1+1+ 1 doesn't compute?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Her Math is better than my morals...

Spyder Garage

Be careful grouping "all" of a certain riding group together. Its about the type of person riding...not the brand of bike. One of the friendliest people I know rides a BMW and one of the poorest excuses for a Human Being that I know rides a Spyder...and there are all different types in between.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Acknowledging

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The subject comes up once in awhile. I will start by saying that I do not worry if someone does not do the wave or acknowledge us. That is their prerogative.

As to types, it does seem that sport bikes and beemers seem to be the biggest "offenders."

Life is short, enjoy the ride and don't worry about the few. I like to make a growl in my helmet when it happens. We get a laugh at it and continue down the road.
    Life is short. Therefore, I don't have the inclination or time to worry about the "little people" who refuse to acknowledge. I'll wave, and if they wave, I'm grateful. If they don't, so be it. There are just some people who don't understand or comprehend brotherly courtesy.

Spyder Garage

I live in southern Minnesota on I-90. By the time the bikers going to or coming from Sturgis get here in August they just don't have much wave left in them. Most try for a few hundred miles but, after a while they just can't keep it up. When we talk to them or when we are out there most are friendly and congenial. They just can't keep the waiving up any longer.

Spyder Garage

Since I have a few bikes of all types and I generally wave at other riders, I will say it is harder to do on sport[y] bikes because your riding position requires the arms to carry some of the load. That means to wave, you have to shift weight off one arm while still maintaining control of the bike. There are times that is impossible to do, so in those condition I don't wave - but I do nod my head. Watch for the head nod and might find there are more riders "waving" than you think.
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

Have my co-pilot count bikes? Are you completely nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Man Tom View Post
    Have my co-pilot count bikes? Are you completely nuts?
    Believe me: you're not the first one to say that...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NSPYTE View Post
    Wow...totally opposite for me...more waves from the sport bikes...less from the solo Harley riders and the "adventure" bike crowd.
    That is my experience entirely. People on sportbikes always do the wave. People on cruisers, particularly Harley's, are about 50/50 when it comes to the wave. BTW I ride a sportbike that is more a sport touring (Yamaha FJ-09). Along those lines when police are running a speed trap I always get the 'head tap' from sportbikers and never ever get it from cruisers. I always give the head tap to anyone approaching and that includes all makes of motorcycles and I will even flash my lights to cars.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I agree with the last few posts about cruiser riders not waving. I also have a sport bike (ZX7R NINJA) and am a Spyder Tech so always wave at folks out on their Spyders. Even when I'm out on test drives with RT's or F3's I rarely get a wave from cruisers or Harleys. With Sport bikes I do a great BIG wave and give em no choice but to wave back LOL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    The ones who gave me the finger on SH1 the other day are probably regretting it - I was raising my hand to do the 'cops ahead' wave but decided not to bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bswank View Post
    This is a courtesy thing not mandatory. I've had groups as large as 20 on Harley's and all of them wave. Also had crotch rocket riders warn when police are ahead. Sometimes I haven't waved because of a distraction. Bikers in general are good people.
    So what is the wave to warn of LEOs?

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Out where I live everybody waves at everybody. If they dont that means they must be a city slicker.
    It's like that in the rural areas around here. In my car or on my Spyder, going down a county road, everyone waves - usually with 1 or 2 fingers.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

some good info here

Spyder Garage

Default Leos

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    So what is the wave to warn of LEOs?

It's like that in the rural areas around here. In my car or on my Spyder, going down a county road, everyone waves - usually with 1 or 2 fingers.
    Tapping the top of your head with the palm of your hand.!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Tapping the top of your head with the palm of your hand.!
    Or holding your hand above your helmet palm forward and opening and closing it a couple of times i.e. like a flashing light.

...or sometimes just frantic waving