Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NO AS@##

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I just remembered why I stopped using the beads. I originally purchased to use to keep the butt cool in hot weather. It worked well for that purpose. However, one really hot day, when I removed the beads after a couple hours ride, the seat skin had stretched, a lot. The spyder was still under the 2 year warranty, and the seat replaced; I didn't actually tell BRP what had happened. That was my experience with the beads.

Interesting

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Sore Butt

I found that on a long trip or day ride of several hundred miles that a GOOD pair of bicycle shorts makes quite a difference. I say good because some of the cheap ones don't have much padding, a better pair is built to be sat on for hours on end, In he heat we road with these and a pair of armored and vented overpants and was quite comfortable. I got the idea from some previous posts when this came up and it does help.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    I found that on a long trip or day ride of several hundred miles that a GOOD pair of bicycle shorts makes quite a difference. I say good because some of the cheap ones don't have much padding, a better pair is built to be sat on for hours on end, In he heat we road with these and a pair of armored and vented overpants and was quite comfortable. I got the idea from some previous posts when this came up and it does help.
    I have tried

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have you given this stuff a try?

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have found that the Duluth Trading underwear helps me a lot for whatever reason but I have an Ultimate Tall boy on mine as well. I also suffer the same lack of cushioning you do. With my super undies and the tall boy seat I can ride longer than I can stay awake lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Have you given this stuff a try?

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
    I do have Bob
    Just got to remember to use it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    With feet under you, you have more weight placed on your sit bones (ischial tuberosities). With feet forward, your weight is placed more posteriorly, and less pressure on your sit bones.

To the OP, if I still have my beads, you can have them. I'll check my storage room later today.
    This is my thoughts too Wyliec
    Time will tell

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default This'll sound silly, butt ... er, but

Even with my female advantage of thick, built-in, memory "foam", I doubt that the homo sapien hindquarter evolved to stay pain free under full load for as long as we're demanding.

As my fellow horsemen know, even straddling a steed on the most comfortably padded saddle gets bone-grating before long. You've simply got to trot once in awhile and post (rise out of the saddle every other stride) to get the blood flowing down there again (or, of course, gallop in the rump-off-the-saddle two-point position, etc).

Consequently, when I'm on the Spyder and get numb rump or stiff knees, I just stand for a few seconds, then sit a bit, then stand a bit, etc. This may be easier on an RT with its more vertical leg position, and, granted, I'm not flying down the highways like you guys are, but on the back roads it works.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

Russell Day Long. I am traveling right now, two 500+ mile days and no problems at all. I love my RDL seat.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

For this, I am going to try padded bicycle shorts under my jeans. This is something i read bout in Rider Magazine.

Sent from my NX16A11264 using Tapatalk