Thread: Worried

Spyder Garage

Default Worried

I'm a new owner of a 2014 RT. Over the years I've been on many airplane and motorcycle forums. This seems to be a great spider forum. As I read through it I read horror stories about these Spiders breaking down. This is frighting to me, maybe because I'm coming from Honda's that didn't seem to have problems. So I'm looking for some stories that talk about how great the spider is. Does anyone have 50000 miles with no problems?
    Thanks nerve-is Neil 73 years old. Ridden motorcycles for 60 years still going strong.

Spyder Garage

Default NOT

WORRY NOT.....
    keep in mind, 99% of people NEVER report how great their SPYD3Rs are....
    i have over 80,000 miles of smiles on my 2 SPYD3R's, and YES, i've had a couple issues, even had one 1000 miles from home... but i wouldn't trade my SPYD3R of any other type of open vehicle, be it 2, 3 or 4 wheels....
    jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Smile They can be great

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Rupp View Post
    I'm a new owner of a 2014 RT. Over the years I've been on many airplane and motorcycle forums. This seems to be a great spider forum. As I read through it I read horror stories about these Spiders breaking down. This is frighting to me, maybe because I'm coming from Honda's that didn't seem to have problems. So I'm looking for some stories that talk about how great the spider is. Does anyone have 50000 miles with no problems?
    Thanks nerve-is Neil 73 years old. Ridden motorcycles for 60 years still going strong.
    The real test is relative to your particular spyder and how it holds up over the long run. Anything else is speculation at best.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    WORRY NOT.....
    keep in mind, 99% of people NEVER report how great their SPYD3Rs are....
    i have over 80,000 miles of smiles on my 2 SPYD3R's, and YES, i've had a couple issues, even had one 1000 miles from home... but i wouldn't trade my SPYD3R of any other type of open vehicle, be it 2, 3 or 4 wheels....
    jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Also, Honda and HD riders have a very extensive dealer network to call on. For many of us this forum is our go-to place for help when something does go wrong. So people with other brands may not publish their problems so much.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)