Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    Honestly, you shouldn't worry about it. If you go to his profile, than there is not much of what he posted. He didn't actually utilize the forums like me. I am not sure if he ask questions regarding his Spyder, but all he did was that he just want to make an announcement of he is tired, and he is planning to go back to his Harley Davidson. For my understanding as an indirect message that Harley Davidson is better than a Spyder. Surprisingly, I heard Harley have more issues than a Spyder and that is coming from individuals who actually had Harley Davidson within this forum and friends who used to have these bikes.

In conclusion, if you are interested in getting a Spyder than you should just go for it. Life will always have obstacles, don't let anyone stir your decisions

BLAME THE VICTIM!! IMO BRP is a pathetic company, in addition to a lot of useless dealers, they are famous for deny, deny, deny. the 2013 is a great example. Sure, thankfully some of the bikes are built right and very few issues, but you shouldn't spend $30K and HOPE that you got a good one. Obviously, being able to work on them yourself is a real plus, but I bought a BMW and I don't expect and haven't had any issues with it, but I know that if I do, the dealer will fix it, ASAP. I have a used 2014 and so far no issues, but I don't have the security to just take off on a trip and all will go well.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Default Im Happy Now.

i
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I noticed that you wrapped the pipes, does it run a little hot?
    Yes. I Wrapped The Pipe. Had A Vance and Hines Full Exhaust installed with Power Commander. It gave the bike a
    little more HP and it did get warm after riding it for a while. But the wrap took care of that. And since it is liquid cooled
    the bike does not throw a lot of heat out. Did the Laughin Run a few weeks ago, and it was a blast to ride. Thanks to
    everyone here on the spyderlovers forum for there comments. With the exception of a few, everyone was very helpful.
    Good Riding To All.

Spyder Garage

With all of your problems, have you looked to see if your problems can be covered by your states Lemmon Laws?

2015 RT Limited Black Matallic
    BAJARon Sway Bar w/Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set
    SPYDERPOPS Bumperskid with LED's
    SPYDERPOPS RT BRT Rear Lighting Kit
    US LED Flag

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    BLAME THE VICTIM!! IMO BRP is a pathetic company, in addition to a lot of useless dealers, they are famous for deny, deny, deny. the 2013 is a great example. .
    Are You Serious.jpg

You should REALLY buy a bike from a Company that you trust...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Are You Serious.jpg

You should REALLY buy a bike from a Company that you trust...
    If BRP is so bad, and the dealers are so bad, why in the world would you want to own one?
    Yes Harley has an awesome dealer network, they have 114 years to develop it.
    Can Am Spyder has had a whopping 10 years to develop their dealer network and mechanics.
    ALL manufactures like to try to deny problems, it saves them money. Harley Davidson has had a design flaw in their twin cam engines for many years, (1999-2006) they used a plastic shoe as a tensioner. This shoe would break down, plug the oil passages and roach an engine. Harley has known about it for years, they have kits they sell to fix it, using gears or going hydraulic route.
    I just helped a friend fix his, almost $1000.00 in parts and we supplied all of the labor. He had less than 45,000 miles on his bike. Harley still denies they have a problem.
    http://blog.jpcycles.com/i-love-harl...ust-know-this/
    It is what it is, if you own it, ride it. If you ride it, enjoy it. Don't worry about what MIGHT go wrong, you will miss all the fun of the things that didn't go wrong. If and when something does go wrong, deal with it, it will make your trip more colorful, add more memories, and you will prove to yourself that you can overcome anything!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

MelloYelloSpyder

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    If BRP is so bad, and the dealers are so bad, why in the world would you want to own one?
    Can Am Spyder has had a whopping 10 years to develop their dealer network and mechanics.
    ALL manufactures like to try to deny problems, it saves them money. Harley Davidson has had a design flaw in their twin cam engines for many years, (1999-2006) they used a plastic shoe as a tensioner. This shoe would break down, plug the oil passages and roach an engine. Harley has known about it for years, they have kits they sell to fix it, using gears or going hydraulic route.
    I just helped a friend fix his, almost $1000.00 in parts and we supplied all of the labor. He had less than 45,000 miles on his bike. Harley still denies they have a problem.
    It is what it is, if you own it, ride it. If you ride it, enjoy it. Don't worry about what MIGHT go wrong, you will miss all the fun of the things that didn't go wrong. If and when something does go wrong, deal with it, it will make your trip more colorful, add more memories, and you will prove to yourself that you can overcome anything!
    Must have went the gear route. I have an 05 Road King Custom that will need that attention sometime soon. I have it under an extended warranty that does not make an exclusion, best I can tell, for those tensioners if they go bad. My budget will probably only allow me to go the Hydraulic tensioner route. The Screaming Eagle kit is about 500 bucks and was told by the dealer about the same for labor.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MelloYelloSpyder View Post
    Must have went the gear route. I have an 05 Road King Custom that will need that attention sometime soon. I have it under an extended warranty that does not make an exclusion, best I can tell, for those tensioners if they go bad. My budget will probably only allow me to go the Hydraulic tensioner route. The Screaming Eagle kit is about 500 bucks and was told by the dealer about the same for labor.
    Yeah, now he complains that the gears whine and wishes he would have gone hydraulic route. I told him that he doesn't ride it enough to complain about the whine, and that the whine was just reassuring him that he has one less thing to worry about.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some folks just like to complain...
    If you gave them a sack full of hundred-dollar bills: they'd complain about the weight of it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to see you go to the evil empire. But to each their own... I have had 2 Spyders and I love both of them... my red 09 ( somewhere in Florida now) had maybe 20k on it and my current 09 phantom has over 35k.

No matter keep it rubber side down and enjoy whatever you get!!!!

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Everyone makes a lemon here and there. Honda, BMW and even Harley. Not an excuse, just reality. Not even saying your Spyder is a lemon. A bad dealership can turn an otherwise minor issue into a lemon scenario sometimes. A minor problem in the hands of the wrong tech just gets worse. It's what happens when you have a problem that makes all the difference. The dealership is the main cog in this wheel. Admittedly, Harley has a better dealership network than Can-Am. But there are a great number of very good Can-Am dealerships out there.

I've had customers tell me that their dealer said BRP would not cover the work, parts back-ordered, etc., etc. Only to find out that the dealer never contacted BRP about the problem. Not to say that parts can't be back-ordered or that BRP will not cover the work. But again, we go back to the main cog, the dealership.

Mechanical issues leave a bad taste in your mouth that are hard to wash out. I know how you feel. The dealer is telling you one thing, your buddies are telling you something else, and we here at Spyderlovers are definitely full of opinions. But all you know is your Spyder isn't right and it does not seem to be getting right. Been there myself. It's no fun.

I have an original Premier 08 GS that I've ridden from East Tennessee to California 3 times. Canada twice. Florida at least 3 times, Kansas several times and many shorter trips. I did have the dreaded DPS failure. But that was corrected by the dealership pretty quickly. My Spyder has been as bullet proof as any other bike I've ever owned. And there are many more duplication's of my story than yours. You just don't hear them.

I am not trying to Poo-Poo your experience. I know it is real. Just trying to put it in perspective and give you some hope of a light at the end of the tunnel.

There are hundreds of satisfied Spyder customers for every dissatisfied one. But you're not going to get much confirmation of that here. This forum is the 'Doctors Office' for Spyders. For the most part, you're going to hear sick Spyder stories. A doctor isn't surprised that it's this way. It's the same with every forum.

There is no finer ride than a Can-Am Spyder that is right. But there may not be a more aggravating machine than a Can-Am Spyder when it isn't.

My worthless advise... Take your Spyder to another dealership (a verified good one if that is possible). Work with them and see if you can get your ride straightened out before you throw in the towel. Not only do I predict that you'll keep it and love it. But you're not selling grief to the next guy!

Good Luck!
    The part about dealers never contacting BRP and saying parts backordered or no warranty allowed is right on. I always believe in the "trust but verify."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post

This is the exact reason I won't own another Harley twin cam bike. I looked into it and any manufacture that allows 12 thousands of an inch radial out on a new engine is nuts.

In service limit for the Spyder 1330 is just 3.5 thousands. Now the Sportster (being a different engine) is still a great bike.

But you are right. If you own it, ride it and enjoy it. Ryde safe everyone!!!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Whats going on here

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sg2848775 View Post
    3000.00 miles on it and I have nothing but trouble with it. From DESS to Hard Starting, Belt Runout, and a lot of little things hear and there. BRP
    warrenty is usless. They don't want to back anything up. Really liked the F3, but it's in the shop more then I ride it. Looks like I am going back to
    Harley Davidson. Well, you live and learn.
    Wow! Sorry to hear this. You are the exceptional exception. First time I've heard something like this in the 5 years I've owned Spyders and been a member here. Why don't you get them to take it back and give you a new one? Seems Lemon Law should apply. Your experience really is an exception. I've never, ever had a problem with BRP and servicing, and I've rydden mine from coast to almost coast and up and down the eastern seaboard and around New England, through deserts of 113 degree heat and high elevations and thunderstorms with deluge downpours and 30 degree weather and not ONE...SINGLE...PROBLEM. Ever! From either RT. Thought there was a problem with the suspension air compressor once in 2013. Replaced, no questions asked. Cracked front wheel....both front wheels replaced. No questions asked.
    Last edited by Navy Warrant; 05-17-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: aded info.
    [/IMG]

2012 RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium Metallic (traded in)
    2015 RT LTD SE6, Red Pearl, Ultra Comfort Seat
    MODS: shorty antenna, BajaRon sway bar, Air Hawk cushion, custom LED US flag, custom Sue Hopper painted SPECOPS hood logo, custom Combat Craft Crewman windshield engraving, cup holder, Doc Humphry's 2017 complete RT kit belt tensioner

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sg2848775 View Post
    i
    Yes. I Wrapped The Pipe. Had A Vance and Hines Full Exhaust installed with Power Commander. It gave the bike a
    little more HP and it did get warm after riding it for a while. But the wrap took care of that. And since it is liquid cooled
    the bike does not throw a lot of heat out. Did the Laughin Run a few weeks ago, and it was a blast to ride. Thanks to
    everyone here on the spyderlovers forum for there comments. With the exception of a few, everyone was very helpful.
    Good Riding To All.

We are all just happy that you have a ride that you really enjoy. Life is just too short to not enjoy the ride.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    These are the posts that scare me from getting Spyder, been looking since Dec and finally finally enrolled in a motorcycle class so that I can actually test drive one!
    I bought my 2016 F3S in July of last year. Put 3200 miles on it before garaged for the winter. I expect it to run as flawlessly this year and about twice the miles. Dang thing is more fun than a goat ropin' and I have never had any issues with it other than programming the display. That was because I'm just dumb.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    I bought my 2016 F3S in July of last year. Put 3200 miles on it before garaged for the winter. I expect it to run as flawlessly this year and about twice the miles. Dang thing is more fun than a goat ropin' and I have never had any issues with it other than programming the display. That was because I'm just dumb.

I would like to compare the fun factor in goat ropin vs riding a spyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    Dang thing is more fun than a goat ropin' and I have never had any issues with it other than programming the display. That was because I'm just dumb.
    That's pretty high praise: roping goats can be more fun than a host of other activities!

Unless you're the goat!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Some folks just like to complain...
    If you gave them a sack full of hundred-dollar bills: they'd complain about the weight of it!
    please send me a bag full for a real world eval.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irvin48 View Post
    please send me a bag full for a real world eval.
    What's your email? I'll fax it to you!