Spyder Garage

Default RT Vent from the 2013 on a 2011

I am looking at putting these on my 11 RTL the problem I am having is is finding the Console support brackets that are called for in the instruction for the 2013 from BRP it states "15. Install console support bracket [P4L secure with previously removed screws.".
    I have talked to 2 dealers and they don't seam to be able to fine them any place other than the recall kit for the 2013at a cost of close to $350.
    So anyone that has put them on the 10,11,or 12 what did you do for these brackets.
    Or do they come in the RT Vent Kit #219800388
    Last edited by Large1; 03-23-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID
    2011 Spyder RT SE5 Limited

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Large1 is online now Report Post

Spyder Garage

They come in the kit with the vents for less than $80.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

That is what I wanted to hear, Both the dealers in my area have no idea what is in the kit. Per both dealers the kit just had the Vents so I have been trying to fine the rest of what I need to do the job
    Last edited by Large1; 03-23-2017 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Spyder Garage

The part number I found is 705010502, $16.99 each. A dealer that I no longer us neglected to put them on as part of the 2013 RT recall. My new dealer couldn't find a part number either, but I did. This was in August 2016, so I don't know if that part number still works. Good luck.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    The part number I found is 705010502, $16.99 each. A dealer that I no longer us neglected to put them on as part of the 2013 RT recall. My new dealer couldn't find a part number either, but I did. This was in August 2016, so I don't know if that part number still works. Good luck.
    Thanks going to order the kit next month and and put it on my self. Like you two different deals parts guys could not find that part either, .
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID

Spyder Garage

If you do a quick search of the forum youwill find some good installation instruction by Doc. You can get the kit from several places for considerably less than $350. cheapcycleparts.com and powersportswarehouse.com are two that I use and I'm sure others can toss in a few more names. It was a fairly easy install and really helped with the heat. Mine was a 2014 which already had good airflow but the vents made the glovebox usable for other than reheating sandwiches.

CJ JAX

Quote Originally Posted by Large1 View Post
    Thanks going to order the kit next month and and put it on my self. Like you two different deals parts guys could not find that part either, .

Spyder Garage

Default Vent Kit

I installed a set on my 2011 RT last week. Hardest part was marking the screw holes and then cutting the plastic but it was not that difficult. I can already see a difference in the heat. Hope to see a real difference this summer in the south Georgia heat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Large1 View Post
    I am looking at putting these on my 11 RTL the problem I am having is is finding the Console support brackets that are called for in the instruction for the 2013 from BRP it states "15. Install console support bracket [P4L secure with previously removed screws.".
    I have talked to 2 dealers and they don't seam to be able to fine them any place other than the recall kit for the 2013at a cost of close to $350.
    So anyone that has put them on the 10,11,or 12 what did you do for these brackets.
    Or do they come in the RT Vent Kit #219800388
    During the initial 2013 recall campaign, BRP was authorizing courtesy installations of the vent kit on earlier models.
    I suggest you call your dealer and see if they might do the installation for free.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I just installed the RT air scoop kit on my 2011 RTL. It really helps on keeping the gas tank cooler. The kit you want to order is 219800388. This kit is just the two air scoops, braces and mounting hardware. The full kit for the 2013 heat recall is 219800371. I got the 219800388 air scoop kit from Pitbull Powersports for around $60. One of the best mods I have made.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan T View Post
    I installed a set on my 2011 RT last week. Hardest part was marking the screw holes and then cutting the plastic but it was not that difficult. I can already see a difference in the heat. Hope to see a real difference this summer in the south Georgia heat.
    Thanks I will order the kit after I get back form doing the Ride In at RDL and give it a shot
    Last edited by Large1; 03-24-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID