Spyder Garage

Default Front shock problems

I just purchased a 2014 Spider RT. My problem is the front suspension is very very stiff almost no movement at all. The ride is terrible. I unhooked the shocks and the A frames are free. It's all in the shocks. I backed off the preload nuts but made no difference. The shocks are a FOX brand. I have checked out other Spider RTs and the front moves up and down like I think it should. Mine is almost ridged. Any ideas out there?
    Does anyone have a stock set of shocks that have been removed for sale. Thanks Neil

Spyder Garage

Sent you a PM

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FOX SHOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Rupp View Post
    I just purchased a 2014 Spider RT. My problem is the front suspension is very very stiff almost no movement at all. The ride is terrible. I unhooked the shocks and the A frames are free. It's all in the shocks. I backed off the preload nuts but made no difference. The shocks are a FOX brand. I have checked out other Spider RTs and the front moves up and down like I think it should. Mine is almost ridged. Any ideas out there?
    Does anyone have a stock set of shocks that have been removed for sale. Thanks Neil
    ....& .......Paul ( PMK ) can certainly help you with this ....... but if you are lightweight the springs may not be the entire issue .... the valveing for your shock may be to stiff for your weight .... this can also be adjusted ( at least I think so ) .............. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those Fox Shocks were an aftermarket add-on, that was sold by BRP...
    You did the smart thing by unhooking them, and making sure that the rest of the suspension was okay. (Checking out other bikes was also wise...)
    I'm guessing that those shocks must have been set up for a heavier rider... good luck in finding an OEM set of shocks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Re: front shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Those Fox Shocks were an aftermarket add-on, that was sold by BRP...
    You did the smart thing by unhooking them, and making sure that the rest of the suspension was okay. (Checking out other bikes was also wise...)
    I'm guessing that those shocks must have been set up for a heavier rider... good luck in finding an OEM set of shocks!
    Thank You for the info. I do have OEMs coming. We did a trade and I appreciate the help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please let us know how all of this works out for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black