Spyder Garage

Default places and things i will never see, because i don't travel

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default But hey..!!

Even if you traveled you would not see it like you just did now.. drone videoed, time lapsed videoed etc....sometimes travel by armchair can be even better..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Beautiful stuff John. Add what Chupaca said, and you are covered.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Even if you traveled you would not see it like you just did now.. drone videoed, time lapsed videoed etc....sometimes travel by armchair can be even better..

Sorry, I don't agree with arm chairing it. Get moving cuznjohn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    back in the 70's, i was a apprentice and for months i worked on the runways of kennedy airport installing runway and taxi lights. i saw so many emergencies. emergency trucks and ambulances chasing planes down a runway for all sorts of emergencies. NOW YOU HAVE TO KNOW, everything is a emergency when it comes to airplanes. if a bulb is out, or the captain feels uncomfortable, they come out for the problem. well after seeing all of that, i said i would never fly, and i never have
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    back in the 70's, i was a apprentice and for months i worked on the runways of kennedy airport installing runway and taxi lights. i saw so many emergencies. emergency trucks and ambulances chasing planes down a runway for all sorts of emergencies. NOW YOU HAVE TO KNOW, everything is a emergency when it comes to airplanes. if a bulb is out, or the captain feels uncomfortable, they come out for the problem. well after seeing all of that, i said i would never fly, and i never have
    I am not a fan of flying either. Buy the Beemer you were thinking about. Take a nice ride in upstate NY for starters. It looked like at least a couple of the fall scenes were from there. Maybe that would be a good thing to think about.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You have the choice...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

There is absolutely no way that you can experience the world on a flatscreen. Sorry.

I've been in every state conus, Canada, Mexico, etc by car and bike. 45 of those states by bike. No airplanes required. All it takes is the willingness to get off your behind, and get moving.

There is no way to describe biking across Beartooth pass, crossing the Arizona desert by night, riding to Key West, Devils Tower, the Grand Canyon, etc. Yes, you won't see Europe, Asia, etc without an airplane, but there's an awful lot to see here in North America.

Seriously, get to it. No one is guaranteed tomorrow.

cuznjohn, I'm not picking on you specifically, just adding an opinion. I have friends who say the same thing. I have one friend who has never been more than 100 miles from where he was raised. Sad. Just sad. I keep telling him about the wonderful things to experience in this world, and all he tells me is "that's too far" or "it takes too much time". But, he can manage to get 2 weeks to go to the same flipping beach every year since I've known him. He has to know every grain of sand by name by now.

Okay, tirade over. Again cuznjohn, not directed at you, this thread just hit a sore nerve with me.

rant/

Jim

2014 RT-S Cognac
    2008 Victory Vision
    Iron Butt Assn #23572
    Victory Motorcycle Club #533

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some folks are perfectly happy to stay close to home...
    Others can't wait to go explore someplace new and exciting...

Find our comfort level, and enjoy your life!

The trick is in leaving no cards on the table; once your time is done.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-23-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Bob,

Well put, and very true. My tirade was directed towards the guys I know who p/moan about wanting to see places, but never manage to find the time/money/ambition to do so. Not at anyone specifically here.

Enjoy life as you see fit, but ENJOY it.

Jim

2014 RT-S Cognac
    2008 Victory Vision
    Iron Butt Assn #23572
    Victory Motorcycle Club #533

Spyder Garage

That was great, make you realize just how insignificant humans are.

Spyder Garage

Yes, I agree, there is too much out there to see and do. I will be leaving shortly on a trip to Germany, Czech Republic,Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and
    Austria. Have been to nearly every country in Europe in the last three trips but yes you have to fly. Been to every country in central America and
    South America but all done on a Motorcycle. Went on the North To Alaska spyder trip two years ago with Karyl. When I return from Europe am heading to BRP homecoming in Quebec, then eastern states and provinces. It is never too late.
    I will be 80 next year and no intensions to stop.
    Happy travels
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We spent a year traveling in the toyhauler with the bikes. Nothing on screen can replicate the feeling of carving up The Dragon, or sunset at Arches NP, seeing bison and grizzly in Yellowstone, or orca breaching next to your boat. But you don't have to be a jet setter to experience life. There are often hidden gems within an hour's drive/ride from home. The secret is getting away from the computer screen and off the couch to do it.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow