Spyder Garage

Default Power commander ????

Need assistance in determining if I need a power commander or not my 2012 RT has the cat delete and the JT intake kit I just ordered a tailgunner exhaust pipe I am just asking if anyone has this setup or similar did you need a power commander my exhaust should be here by this saturday just trying to find out if I need to order a power commander so I could do it all at once thanks in advance for any advice you could give me

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe not?

I watched a video where you are told to start and run the Spyder for about 5 - 10 minutes (drive it around, put it through its paces), then shut it off and walk away (get the key away) for about 10 minutes. Then repeat a couple times. This gives nanny some chances to tweak things. This was for changing the muffler. Not sure if true, but I saw it on the Internet! Maybe try it now a few times before you put the muffler on, let nanny catch up gradually?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PR Spyder rt View Post
    Need assistance in determining if I need a power commander or not my 2012 RT has the cat delete and the JT intake kit I just ordered a tailgunner exhaust pipe I am just asking if anyone has this setup or similar did you need a power commander my exhaust should be here by this saturday just trying to find out if I need to order a power commander so I could do it all at once thanks in advance for any advice you could give me
    I have a friend with the aftermarket exhaust and stock air breather without the juice box. I believe with the air mod and the open exhaust you might want to get one. My wife's bike has the hmf exhaust with the juice box with stock air box. It is faster than my buddies bike. But my stock bike will hang with my wife and I am faster than my buddies also. I did remove the rubber pieces in front of the air box of my wife which gives it more air.
    David

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

I have the yoshimura R77 pipe, JT air system with K&N filter, ram air, irridium plugs and high tension wires and no fuel controler... but it is an RS manual
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    I watched a video where you are told to start and run the Spyder for about 5 - 10 minutes (drive it around, put it through its paces), then shut it off and walk away (get the key away) for about 10 minutes. Then repeat a couple times. This gives nanny some chances to tweak things. This was for changing the muffler. Not sure if true, but I saw it on the Internet! Maybe try it now a few times before you put the muffler on, let nanny catch up gradually?
    Thanks a bunch right now my spyder runs fine I was just worried about the tailgunner exhaust I read somewhere that it might need a pc if you install this exhaust in addition to cat delete and aftermarket intake bit thanks for your help...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I have a friend with the aftermarket exhaust and stock air breather without the juice box. I believe with the air mod and the open exhaust you might want to get one. My wife's bike has the hmf exhaust with the juice box with stock air box. It is faster than my buddies bike. But my stock bike will hang with my wife and I am faster than my buddies also. I did remove the rubber pieces in front of the air box of my wife which gives it more air.
    David
    OK I guess I'll be needing one thanks for the info Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I have the yoshimura R77 pipe, JT air system with K&N filter, ram air, irridium plugs and high tension wires and no fuel controler... but it is an RS manual
    That's what I have except I'm putting on a tailgunner widow maker exhaust so do you get any popping or missing

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

There is some but pulling in the clutch and flipping the throttle clears the accumulated gases causing the backfire/popping. Don't know about the semi automatic but as far as the missing...none of that and it runs like a scalded ape...

Quote Originally Posted by PR Spyder rt View Post
    That's what I have except I'm putting on a tailgunner widow maker exhaust so do you get any popping or missing
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Lol ok thanks yes I have the se5 so I guess I'll put it on and see if I need PC after all just wanted to know if for sure I was going to need a pc so I could do it all at once thanks once again Gene appreciate your help
    Last edited by PR Spyder rt; 03-22-2017 at 04:43 AM.