Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Should I do the Oil Change myself?

Debating if I should change the oil myself or dealer it.. I called the dealer and they are asking 180. I am very mechanically inclined and watched some of the vids to change the oil myself, but I can not figure out how much it will cost if I do this myself. I do plan on changing the oil plug so the magnetic one will encourage longevity. Anyone know how much an Oil Change kit cost? Thanks Phil..

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rkba101 View Post
    Debating if I should change the oil myself or dealer it.. I called the dealer and they are asking 180. I am very mechanically inclined and watched some of the vids to change the oil myself, but I can not figure out how much it will cost if I do this myself. I do plan on changing the oil plug so the magnetic one will encourage longevity. Anyone know how much an Oil Change kit cost? Thanks Phil..
    What Spyder do you have? Baja Ron sells kits here that include Amsoil and High Flow filters. I have done it a few times. its not hard and you get to know your machine intimately.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rs-amp-Helmets
    Last edited by AY4B; 03-20-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Mine

2013 ST

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    What Spyder do you have? Baja Ron sells kits here that include Amsoil and High Flow filters. I have done it a few times. its not hard and you get to know your machine intimately.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rs-amp-Helmets

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rkba101 View Post
    It will cost you in the neighborhood of $85.00 (give or take depending on what products you go with). You dont' say what Spyder you have and that also makes a difference.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It will cost you in the neighborhood of $85.00 (give or take depending on what products you go with). You dont' say what Spyder you have and that also makes a difference.
    " V-TWIN " .....SE TRANS .............. it was in his Bio.......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " V-TWIN " .....SE TRANS .............. it was in his Bio.......... Mike
    Not everyone digs into Bio's, Questions like this is why info is posted all about our ryde on our Sig.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default oil change $

I have a 2011 can-am spyder RT.I was told $160.00 for a oil change ,But any ways i got prices on oil, oil fillter,o rings, and going to get two sets of rubber ramps $so with the ramps $185.00 after that about $95.00 or soto use three of them lol then back up on to them that give me 13'' i saw this on other thread well will see.

Spyder Garage

Default Oil Change

I know that some may think me stupid for this but I will pay my dealer because I want that dealer to sty in business. Its a tough business world right now and they need support in the form of our disposable income to stay in business I have seen one dealer fold and one lose interest in support in my area we need BRP to be successful and not go the way others who have shut down lines.
    Loving the RYDE

Spyder Garage

Default Ramps?

What ramps?

Quote Originally Posted by electricman View Post
    I have a 2011 can-am spyder RT.I was told $160.00 for a oil change ,But any ways i got prices on oil, oil fillter,o rings, and going to get two sets of rubber ramps $so with the ramps $185.00 after that about $95.00 or soto use three of them lol then back up on to them that give me 13'' i saw this on other thread well will see.