Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Iphone to audio system

Hey Spyder Riders...have a 2011 RT....use the Ipod 30 pin connector to listen to ipod...but would like to use my I-phone 5 to stream music via XM app/Pandora/etc to existing audio/speakers...Can I use/attach a Bluetooth 30 pin adapter in the trunk and simply stream music that way?...if so, any specific Blue tooth adapter on Amazon etc that will work?

Thanks! #readytorideinarizona

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwannabe1 View Post
    Hey Spyder Riders...have a 2011 RT....use the Ipod 30 pin connector to listen to ipod...but would like to use my I-phone 5 to stream music via XM app/Pandora/etc to existing audio/speakers...Can I use/attach a Bluetooth 30 pin adapter in the trunk and simply stream music that way?...if so, any specific Blue tooth adapter on Amazon etc that will work?

You need to get one that says "charge and sync". The cheap ones charge only. I bought mine from Amazon, about $30.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth solution

I use this one to stream my android. Works perfectly.

http://www.nyrius.com/discontinued/s...e-dock-adapter

Richard

IMG_20160515_1128039.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Iphone

Just wanted to add my two cents. I have an fm radio transmitter, ($21) obtained from Lamonster Garage. And I have the 3.5mm cable obtained from BRP connecting the transmitter to the bike's audio system in the trunk. In my case, I have the radio tuned to AUX, and the iphone connected via Bluetooth. The music from the itunes library then plays over the bike's audio system.

I

Spyder Garage

Be aware, if you use the Bluetooth adapter in place of iPod connection you lose all the nice iPod controls on the dash and have to use AUX mode which allows you to control volume and only be able to skip forward or back 1 song at a time.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I got a Dewalt Bluetooth adapter. I put my IPhone 7 on an Xgrip on my Spyder and can have all the controls on the screen. Most of the time though I just stream to my Scala ryder in my helmet.
    Last edited by AY4B; 03-20-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I got a Dewalt Bluetooth adapter. I put my IPhone 7 on an Xgrip on my Spyder and can have all the controls on the screen. Most of the time though I just stream to my Scala ryder in my helmet.
    In many states now it is illegal to touch the screen of your phone while driving or riding. "hands free only".

Don't get a ticket!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    In many states now it is illegal to touch the screen of your phone while driving or riding. "hands free only".

Don't get a ticket!

Bob
    So its ok to interact with the touch screen on your car dash that is in a lot of ways more confusing than a cell phone? I get the argument to not text while driving but the future of cell phones in every day life is going to get more and more integrated especially with 5G, Agenda 2030, the Global Brain and the internet of things where everyTHING will be connected to the internet.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I use a BT headphone that hangs on my neck. The ear buds fit nicely inside the helmet. All of my music is loaded on the iphone so I still get my calls as well as listen to my favorite songs. I usually leave the phone plugged into power in the trunk with glympse turned on so the wife knows where I am.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk