Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Pay attention when ordering the balancers. At this time they do not fit 14" wheels like my 2011 RTS. Now I have to send them back.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Pay attention when ordering the balancers. At this time they do not fit 14" wheels like my 2011 RTS. Now I have to send them back.
    We did mention that in the video and it's in the description. We added that it only works on 15" wheels to the top of the page after we got your call.

Now the good news. I have the prototype for the 14" wheel in the works and hope to have them in hand next week. If they work as expected they will do the tooling and we'll have the first production run as soon as they're ready. I'll keep you guys posted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    We did mention that in the video and it's in the description. We added that it only works on 15" wheels to the top of the page after we got your call.

Now the good news. I have the prototype for the 14" wheel in the works and hope to have them in hand next week. If they work as expected they will do the tooling and we'll have the first production run as soon as they're ready. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Great. I left in note in the returned box that an exchange instead of a refund would be fine with me if the 14" units will be ready soon.

I missed the part about the 15" wheels because I'm familiar with this product on other vehicles, so I just didn't watch the video or read everything. I just ordered them. No harm, no foul.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the following questions:-

If you are having new tyres fitted and you have the Centramatics fitted would you need to get the tyres balanced or could you just fit the tyres and let the Centramatics balance them
    therefore there would be no weights to be removed

On the front wheels, the wheel fits against the outer ring when you tourque up the wheel would it crush the ring and cause it damage or is the ring made of a strong material/metal

On the rear wheel the outer ring is away from the wheel so I don't think it would be an issue

All the reviews on this thread have reported how they are working on F3's, Has anyone fitted them to an RT and can give some feedback
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You will not have any problem installing the Centramatics. I just put a set on the front wheels on and have no clearance issues. Take wheel off. Remove the weights install centramatics balancer. reinstall wheel torque the nuts. go for a ride.

You will not crush anything when installed

You do not need to balance the wheels after new wheels are installed unless you want too

I do have a 2014 RTL

Down the road I will install the rear balancer

Spyder Garage

Just my 2 cents on the Wheel the Balancers , I bought the front set took weights off and put the balancers on and go for a ride, up to about 40mph everything is ok, but at about 52mph I get a very bad vibration, ( almost a wobble ) up to 57mph. If I set in that speed range it continues to vibrate, at about 60mph it flattens out, but when I get to 70mph I get what feels like the belt vibration only shaking out my fillings. Before the Balancers I had no problems with the front wheels being balanced. The weights on the tires were 2.75 oz. on one and 3.75 oz on the other, so according lamonster garage the balancers should work up to 6 oz out of balance, I am well with in that range, the other thing is that the tires could be out of round. I don't know enough about tires to say if that is the problem or not, I would think if the tires are out of round I would still have a problem with out the balancers, but I don't know. I'm still waiting for an answer from Lamonster about returning for a refund, but I'm guessing they are now used because they were installed on the spyder, and I get that, and I'm ok with that. I say if you are going to get these you might want to think about it, or if your going wait till spyder fest and have them installed there, so if there is a problem you can get help right there.

Before the trolls start attacking I don't feel Lamonster has done anything wrong, nor am I pointing fingers at any body, I'm just sharing my experience so others can make a choice. It was suggested to add more weights until it balances out but that's a lot of extra work I don't want to do.
    I really liked this idea, but it just isn't working for me right now maybe down the road it will. If anybody else has had this problem and fixed it I would like to hear about it.

2014 RT LTD Cognac ; Stanless Steel Kott Grilles , BajaRon Swaybar ,
    Belt Guard , Cargo Nets for storage , Ride N Go Cup Holder , Spyderpops Bumpskid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PScott07 View Post
    Just my 2 cents on the Wheel the Balancers , I bought the front set took weights off and put the balancers on and go for a ride, up to about 40mph everything is ok, but at about 52mph I get a very bad vibration, ( almost a wobble ) up to 57mph. If I set in that speed range it continues to vibrate, at about 60mph it flattens out, but when I get to 70mph I get what feels like the belt vibration only shaking out my fillings. Before the Balancers I had no problems with the front wheels being balanced. The weights on the tires were 2.75 oz. on one and 3.75 oz on the other, so according lamonster garage the balancers should work up to 6 oz out of balance, I am well with in that range, the other thing is that the tires could be out of round. I don't know enough about tires to say if that is the problem or not, I would think if the tires are out of round I would still have a problem with out the balancers, but I don't know. I'm still waiting for an answer from Lamonster about returning for a refund, but I'm guessing they are now used because they were installed on the spyder, and I get that, and I'm ok with that. I say if you are going to get these you might want to think about it, or if your going wait till spyder fest and have them installed there, so if there is a problem you can get help right there.

Before the trolls start attacking I don't feel Lamonster has done anything wrong, nor am I pointing fingers at any body, I'm just sharing my experience so others can make a choice. It was suggested to add more weights until it balances out but that's a lot of extra work I don't want to do.
    I really liked this idea, but it just isn't working for me right now maybe down the road it will. If anybody else has had this problem and fixed it I would like to hear about it.
    First off, not trolling. The method of using a viscous balancer can work. What you experienced is the phenomina of the inability of a single plane viscous balancer or single plane located balance weights not having the ability to correct a multi plane imbalance with centerline balancing.

The wider the rotating object, the greater the need to balance at each edge. If the Spyders front wheel were the same 3/4" width as the Cenramatic balance tube, you would have no wobble or precession. The wider rear tire is supported on both ends of the axis and has no steering input or ability to precess easily. This allows the single plane balancer to be more effective, and wobble not be felt. The Cenramatic will create balance and minimize wheel hop.

On account of the front wheels having the ability to not only spin, but also have the spinning wheel rotated about the steering axis, any out of plane imbalance will induce a secondary imbalance side to side or a wobble. If we had the ability to install a 15" Centramatic viscous balancer on the rims flanges, one inboard and one outboard, this may be about as close as possible to correcting imbalance.

When they accomplish a dynamic balance using weights, the machine calculates the amount of weight needed on each flange. Static balance is a matter of adding weight to oppose the heavy spot and is applied along the wheels centerline if possible.

Spyder Garage

2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Ok, I may or may not know what you mean, but does that apply to all spyders, and if it does, why am I having a problem when others are not.
    So with the weights on the rim of the tires puts the balance closer to the same width as the tire, and wobble may have been the wrong word, more of tire out of balance bouncing up and down.

Belt Guard , Cargo Nets for storage , Ride N Go Cup Holder , Spyderpops Bumpskid.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IMBALANCE ISSUE

Ok, I may or may not know what you mean, but does that apply to all spyders, and if it does, why am I having a problem when others are not.
    So with the weights on the rim of the tires puts the balance closer to the same width as the tire, and wobble may have been the wrong word, more of tire out of balance bouncing up and down.
    If you have that much corrective weight on your wheels and it was done by a dealer ...... friend ..they screwed you over ..... those tires are soo out of spec they are defective and should have been REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY .............. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you have that much corrective weight on your wheels and it was done by a dealer ...... friend ..they screwed you over ..... those tires are soo out of spec they are defective and should have been REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY .............. Mike
    So Mike, are you saying that in your opinion PScott's vibrations would most probably be caused by bad tyres rather than the Centramatics? What would normally be the maximum amount of weight acceptable to balance Spyder wheels running decent car tyres?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default SO Satisfied!!

I have been trying to resolve an admittedly small vibration in the front end of our 2014 RT Ltd for some time. Had the laser alignment done and that took care of most all of the problem. But there was still a bit left. Decided to go with dynamic balancing via balance beads. Bought them, installed 2 oz in both fronts and 3 oz in the rear, removed all wheel weights. Seemed to be smooth from about 50 mph to about 62 mph or so. But ukp to that range and after that range there was no perceptible difference.

So decided the beads were not my answer. Had been reading about the Centramatics and saw Lamonster's message about carrying them for the Spyders one week after I installed the beads.

Ordered the full set of Centramatics from Lamonster and installed them Saturday. Dismounted the front tires, removed the beads. Found that the right tire had quite a bit of mounting lub inside the tire (done at 24,000 miles, now have 31,000 miles) and all those beads seems to rather permanently adhering all about the inside of the tire. Cleaned all that up and remounted the tires. Placed the front Centramatics and wheels back on bike, aired tires to 20 psi and torqued the lug nuts to spec. Decided to leave the rear wheel as is for the moment.

Did a test run on a section of nearby road that is long, straight and flat and infrequently traveled by most folks. OMG! All the way up to 102 mph and back to 55 mph... smooth as glass. Now that was what I was after! Not that I frequently run that high a speed but it proved to me that the Centramatics were the answer for my bike.

I will have the rear unit installed when I need to replace that tire.

Thank you Lamont for offering this solution at a very good price.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

If the tire is hopping up and down, there is imbalance or it is not round. If the tire wobbles there is imbalance or the tire casing is shifted to one side, either from failure or it is defective.

As for the amount of weight installed, we may not like a lot of weight on the rims, but you post stated it was better prior to installing Centramatics.

Unless by some unexplained failure of the tire casing at the same time as the Centramtics were installed, there is no good explanation why when you properly installed Centramatics you now have vibrations. Your word of wobble can also be an imbalance that will make the fenders appear to move up and down. The speeds you mention are also often times where a car will feel tire imbalance. Going slow the imbalance is seldom noticed. The range of 45 ish to 65 ish often can be felt or seen as vibrating seatbacks or items. Faster it may smooth out, but can return at a higher speed.

You might have a look by raising the front wheel and spining it to check for the tire being somewhat round and the tread running fairly true. After that, and I know this is not per the instructions, balance those tires on a dynamic balancer, then reinstall with the Centramatics.

I image illustrates how to properly dynamic balance, the weight is applied to each edge, with the resulting virtual weight added balance point not in either location or often not along the centerline plane of the rotating object.

Spyder Garage

If
    you have a Kenda tire that needs 3.75 oz to balance, its a bad tire. A tire in this size range should use no more than 1 oz to balance. Second, the centramatics used on the Spyder can only counter up to 3 oz each wheel, not 6. 3oz is far more than should be required for any reasonable quality tire.

Next, if your wheels are generally balanced before you get the centramatics, I recommend installing them WITHOUT removing the weights. For new tires, remove all weights. For good quality tires, the centramatics should handle any small imbalance fine.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    If
    you have a Kenda tire that needs 3.75 oz to balance, its a bad tire. A tire in this size range should use no more than 1 oz to balance. Second, the centramatics used on the Spyder can only counter up to 3 oz each wheel, not 6. 3oz is far more than should be required for any reasonable quality tire.

Next, if your wheels are generally balanced before you get the centramatics, I recommend installing them WITHOUT removing the weights. For new tires, remove all weights. For good quality tires, the centramatics should handle any small imbalance fine.
    Left front, 1 1/4 oz on the outside flange, 1.0 oz in the inner edge. The clock positions of the weights are not aligned inner vs outer locations.

No seen or detectable vibrations. Balanced by myself to within .1oz on a super fine setting.

Right tire is either better positioned on the rim or a better tire. Total weight is 3/4 oz and applied only to the inner edge.

The right wheel assembly also runs smooth with no visible or detectable vibrations.

If I were to move the weight positions, especially on the left side, to along the wheels centerline, as defined as a static balance, even though this can be done on the balance machine while spinning, the machine would indicate the heavy spot only. The Centramtic while it does offer constantly adjusting weight mass, the plane of rotation is kind of along the rims centerline and Centramatic type balancers may have difficulty on out of plane imbalance.

The best is always very few weights with a high quality tire that is round and true to begin with.

Centramatics on an install with a good rim and high end tire, possibly balanced prior to install would let the Centramatics work less and may be the smoothest setup. All that said, Lamonster accomplished the long term testing, advises removing all weights, so there must be solid reasons to do this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    I have been trying to resolve an admittedly small vibration in the front end of our 2014 RT Ltd for some time. Had the laser alignment done and that took care of most all of the problem. But there was still a bit left. Decided to go with dynamic balancing via balance beads. Bought them, installed 2 oz in both fronts and 3 oz in the rear, removed all wheel weights. Seemed to be smooth from about 50 mph to about 62 mph or so. But ukp to that range and after that range there was no perceptible difference.

So decided the beads were not my answer. Had been reading about the Centramatics and saw Lamonster's message about carrying them for the Spyders one week after I installed the beads.

Ordered the full set of Centramatics from Lamonster and installed them Saturday. Dismounted the front tires, removed the beads. Found that the right tire had quite a bit of mounting lub inside the tire (done at 24,000 miles, now have 31,000 miles) and all those beads seems to rather permanently adhering all about the inside of the tire. Cleaned all that up and remounted the tires. Placed the front Centramatics and wheels back on bike, aired tires to 20 psi and torqued the lug nuts to spec. Decided to leave the rear wheel as is for the moment.

Did a test run on a section of nearby road that is long, straight and flat and infrequently traveled by most folks. OMG! All the way up to 102 mph and back to 55 mph... smooth as glass. Now that was what I was after! Not that I frequently run that high a speed but it proved to me that the Centramatics were the answer for my bike.

I will have the rear unit installed when I need to replace that tire.

Thank you Lamont for offering this solution at a very good price.
    I would expect the Centramatics to outperform beads, especially if the beads had obtained a fixed location from the tire install lube binding them together or in one location.

Spyder Garage

We have a 100+ units out there now and I've learn some things from the company and from end users. Because this has been such a long process there has been information that has been crossed between the different folks I've worked with on this. I now have one guy I'm dealing with and he was able to school me on how these work, what they can and can't do and what it will do for the Spyder.

First off he's amazed that a "motorcycle tire" would need so much weight. When they deal with motorcycles they deal in grams not ounces. If they have a tire that needs more than a ounce they replace the tire. Because of the limited space we have to work with the most product they can get in the Spyder ring is 3oz. If you have a wheel and tire that needs more than that he recommends zero balancing the tire as best you can and then using the Centramatic as a dynamic balancer. This will compensate for tire wear and adjust as needed to a wheel that's not quite right. So we now recommend that you see how many weights you have on your wheel and if it's 3oz or more to leave the weights on.

What Centramatics won't do is compensate for an out of round tire, a bent rim or a hub or axle issue. It may even make it worst. I also found out today that they can only get 2.5oz in the ring for a 14" wheel so as bad as our tires are they decided not to go forward with a kit for the 14" rim.

I still believe in the product, it solved a problem I couldn't get rid of and our Spyders run smooth as glass. This is not a magic ring that can defy physics but it will perform as advertised if your wheels and tires are within specs. If you have any questions feel free to call us at the shop and we'll be glad to work with you the best we can. We want you as happy as we are.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If
    you have a Kenda tire that needs 3.75 oz to balance, its a bad tire. .
    Yeah, but will BRP agree?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

I was really hoping to use these on my 2011 RTL with 14" wheels.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Left front, 1 1/4 oz on the outside flange, 1.0 oz in the inner edge. The clock positions of the weights are not aligned inner vs outer locations.

No seen or detectable vibrations. Balanced by myself to within .1oz on a super fine setting.

Right tire is either better positioned on the rim or a better tire. Total weight is 3/4 oz and applied only to the inner edge.

The right wheel assembly also runs smooth with no visible or detectable vibrations.

If I were to move the weight positions, especially on the left side, to along the wheels centerline, as defined as a static balance, even though this can be done on the balance machine while spinning, the machine would indicate the heavy spot only. The Centramtic while it does offer constantly adjusting weight mass, the plane of rotation is kind of along the rims centerline and Centramatic type balancers may have difficulty on out of plane imbalance.

The best is always very few weights with a high quality tire that is round and true to begin with.

Centramatics on an install with a good rim and high end tire, possibly balanced prior to install would let the Centramatics work less and may be the smoothest setup. All that said, Lamonster accomplished the long term testing, advises removing all weights, so there must be solid reasons to do this.
    Agree with all of this but do not believe the testing was done by Lamont alone......Several of us have been working with Centramatics for some time on these. Lamont is the distributer for good reasons. Slingshot versions are in the works as well.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Has
    little to do with it. BRP/Kenda are happy to let you go wobbling and vibrating down the road. Seems you already feel other wise. Replace the defective tire and move on. Its far cheaper than the balancer you already bought. Life is too short to sweat arguing over who is going to pay for the tire. BRP is locked into a contract with Kenda and will not change until it runs out.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

First off, thanks for all the input . Like I originally said I did not have the experience to know how much weight should be used to balance a tire, now I have a better under standing, and a little pissed off that my tires are so bad ,(OEM ) and so I don't know if they were set that way from BRP or my dealer. I have a good relationship with my dealer and would hope they didn't do this, I also under stand I'm not the only one who's tires are this bad.
    Lamonster has sent me a message to be able to return these, and I appreciate that, but I will keep them, and I will replace the weights and run these tires until I replace them with better ones. Again thanks to everyone for your input and info. That's what I like about this community, I mostly lurk on here, because I can find my question already asked and answered . This time I just had to find out what was going on, so thanks again.
    Last edited by PScott07; 04-04-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

First off, thanks for all the input . Like I originally said I did not have the experience to know how much weight should be used to balance a tire, now I have a better under standing, and a little pissed off that my tires are so bad ,(OEM ) and so I don't know if they were set that way from BRP or my dealer. I have a good relationship with my dealer and would hope they didn't do this, I also under stand I'm not the only one who's tires are this bad.
    Lamonster has sent me a message to be able to return these, and I appreciate that, but I will keep them, and I will replace the weights and run these tires until I replace them with better ones. Again thanks to everyone for your input and info. That's what I like about this community, I mostly lurk on here, because I can find my question already asked and answered . This time I just had to find out what was going on, so thanks again.
    Good plan, but better plan is to get a car shop to rebalance the fronts accurately and use weights on the inner and outer edge of the rim. Can Am has a bulletin about doing this, but a good car shop can handle the balance work easily.

Spyder Garage

If

So JC, just to clarify.......in your opinion, with my fairly new(1500km), balanced front Kuhmos, would I be better off removing the balance weights from the wheels or not?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you have a Kenda tire that needs 3.75 oz to balance, its a bad tire.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Has little to do with it. BRP/Kenda are happy to let you go wobbling and vibrating down the road. Seems you already feel other wise. Replace the defective tire and move on. Its far cheaper than the balancer you already bought. Life is too short to sweat arguing over who is going to pay for the tire. BRP is locked into a contract with Kenda and will not change until it runs out.
    Not sure why you say I feel otherwise. Sadly, what we have here is a difference of opinion as to what constitutes a defective tire. I agree with you that any front Kenda that requires that much weight to balance is considered defective by us, the owner community, and from what Lamont wrote above, the folks at Centramatic, and probably by the tire industry in general. Apparently, BRP does not consider a tire that far out of balance as defective. If they did they wouldn't mount them, and better yet, they would clamp down on Kenda to tighten up their manufacturing process. Either BRP doesn't care about tire quality, or they have a piss poor contract specification writer behind the contract with Kenda and they are solidly locked into having to buy s*** that fully conforms to the contract requirement. Just because Kenda is Chinese doesn't mean they can't build a proper tire.

Somehow, BRP needs to get the message that tires that are generally considered to be defective by normal tire industry standards, should also be considered defective by BRP. I don't buy the idea that Kenda can't build a more balanced tire at no more cost than what they're building now. It's a sorry situation that we are put into, the position of having to shrug our shoulders, toss the OEM tires into the dumpster, and move on. But that's what I did. BRP wouldn't consider a warranty replacement for my tires for the constant pulling to the right problem without first having the front wheels aligned by the dealer by the factory method. I chose to discard them after 14,000 miles, replaced them with the Contis, and kept my laser alignment untouched. My Spyder tracks beautifully now.

As far as the Centramatic balancers are concerned I have a hard time in my mind seeing, other than from the standpoint of convenience and ease of use, how they can be better than a proper spin balance. If experience overall shows that a good spin balance is needed 3 or 4 times during the wear life of a good tire because tire wear significantly affects balance, then I'll accept that the Centramatics would be a good investment.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)