Spyder Garage

Default Alumna Pull behind mortorcycle trailer for the Spyder

Good afternooon!

Was curious if anyone has bought or used the Alumna Motorcycle Trailer either the MCT model or the MCTXL model.

They are more expensive then the one's from one of our sponsors here on Spyderlovers. The plug is a round 5-pin plug.

These are similar to the NOMAD and VOYAGER from "USA Mini-MOTORCYCLE TRAILERS" they are built a little differently and do not come with any lining in the interior.

These are sold locally to where I live compared to having to have the other one's shipped to me and then I have to assemble them or I drive 4 1/2 hours to Oklahoma get one from the manufacturer that way.

Again just curious.

The BRP Freedom Trailers are hard to come by and are expensive.

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts!

Last edited by Elembytes; 03-19-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Changed the headline to the post
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

I have the MCT model, I've pulled it with a Yamaha Royal Star Venture 4 flat. I converted it to a 5 flat and pulled it behind my Victory XCT, and now I'm converting back to a 4 square for my 2016 RTL. Hopefully I will gave no issues but it has pulled excellent behind my pass to scoots and see no reason it won't behind the RTL
    2016 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS TRAILER

From what I've read here on this forum quite a lot of folks have opted for this trailer and saved a lot of money .... It certainly appears to be well made, and I've never heard any complaints about them...... switching the plug connection to suit you is easy ............... good luck...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Alumna Trailer

We have a tilt-bed Alumna trailer that we tow our spyder on - when we need too. It's very well balanced, loads the RT so easy, I can do it myself!
    I do have the Nomad for my RT - rode to OK to pick it up it tows well too!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a MCT and love it. I bought it before the other dealer was on SL. I love mine and know several people who also have a MCT. If I were to buy again I would certainly consider the one through I site sponsor for price. Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Electrical problem I repaired for a friend. I inspected his trailer after he had blown the BRP module. Note he had backed into something and the left brake wire was cut into. I noted there was no frame ground on the negative side of the LED lights. I grounded the white wire to frame on both sides. I also cleaned and secured the wiring plug and receptical at mid trailer. It had been interment. I removed all wiring plug adapters and soldered the 4 pin BRP plug. Good luck.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Default Which site sponsor....

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    I have a MCT and love it. I bought it before the other dealer was on SL. I love mine and know several people who also have a MCT. If I were to buy again I would certainly consider the one through I site sponsor for price. Hope this helps.
    ...sells the Aluma trailer?
    Last edited by BigGuy66; 03-19-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

I purchased a used 2004 MCT Aluma trailer on Ebay. It had the round 5 pin connector. My Spyder had the 4 pin square. I just cut off the 5 pin round connector, dig into under the tongue of the trailer and removed the converter. Pretty easy job, that is if you know how to solder.
    I haven't pulled the trailer on a trip as yet but don't see it being a problem.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    ...sells the Alumna trailer?
    It Mini Trailer USA that is a site sponsor. Their trailer looks exactly like the Aluma or vise versa.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought a used MCXTL from a Harley rider who'd put about 11,000 miles on it with no issues. It still rolls perfectly and has great storage capacity. Like most lightweight motorcycle trailers you'll barely know it's behind the Spyder.

I used the Big Bike Parts trailer harness because it's a 5-pin harness, and I cut off the round connector and replaced it with a 5-pin flat.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!