Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I just checked the service manual. Page 522 on the blow up diagram of the rear wheel, it shows 166 Ft pounds for the rear axle nut.
    Correct. Earlier models the nut was 98 lbs. Sometime in 2014 they increased the torque of the axel nut to 166.
    No one knows why they increased it. At least no reason I could find.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I just got back from Richardson Motorsports. Turns out the sensor cable is damaged. I ordered a new one and will get here in about a week. He said those sensor cables are very delicate and break easily. Sounds like an easy fix except for the hundred dollars for the cable I had to pay for. Always take care not to damage them. I did not remove it and probably should have just to protect it better.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SENSOR CABLE

I just got back from Richardson Motorsports. Turns out the sensor cable is damaged. I ordered a new one and will get here in about a week. He said those sensor cables are very delicate and break easily. Sounds like an easy fix except for the hundred dollars for the cable I had to pay for. Always take care not to damage them. I did not remove it and probably should have just to protect it better.
    Please provide the part number for this cable so we all know what it is and where it is ...... thanks ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Please provide the part number for this cable so we all know what it is and where it is ...... thanks ..... Mike
    They called it the speed sensor but if it is broke then how is my speedometer still showing my speed??
    Anyway the BUDS system said it was broke so I need to replace it.
    its the black cable that comes off the brake assembly and it runs to somewhere under the rear seat and plugs in I assume near the brake reservoir.
    Part # 706200506 106.99

They give me a 15% discount for being a Spyder Ryders of east Texas member so my price was 90.94 plus tax and shipping to my house.
    Last edited by AY4B; 03-18-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Correct. Earlier models the nut was 98 lbs. Sometime in 2014 they increased the torque of the axel nut to 166.
    No one knows why they increased it. At least no reason I could find.

Bob
    Ahhhhhhhh. I now understand how you were able to remove to rear axle nuts with half a spanner, Bob. Believe me, from 2015 on, that is an impossibility....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

They called it the speed sensor but if it is broke then how is my speedometer still showing my speed??
    its the black cable that comes off the brake assembly and it runs to somewhere under the rear seat and plugs in I assume near the brake reservoir.
    Part # 706200506 106.99
    AY, is it the part shown with the black cable in this photo just to the left of the Brembo stamp on the caliper, or am I in the wrong spot?

Pete

IMG_0426.jpg
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    AY, is it the part shown with the black cable in this photo just to the left of the Brembo stamp on the caliper, or am I in the wrong spot?

Pete

IMG_0426.jpg
    Yes thats it. You take off that bolt next to it to remove it. It looks like rubber on the end with some shims in between. Be carefull to replace the shims on the new cable to keep the same spacing.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Correct me if I'm wrong but the other end plugs into something under the rear seat but he said you have to remove the black plastic splash fender guard to get to it from underneath . Isn't that where the computer is?
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Yes thats it. You take off that bolt next to it to remove it. It looks like rubber on the end with some shims in between. Be carefull to replace the shims on the new cable to keep the same spacing.
    I took it off and taped it out of the way. I didn't treat it ALL that carefully though. Looks like it is quite sensitive and I might just have been lucky. I'll add a comment in bold to to my instructions to ensure you handle it with kid gloves.

That doesn't help you though AY. Good luck with the replacement. If it makes you feel any better, I recently stripped the thread in one of the little brass nuts that the plastic side body panel screws into. No....you can not buy another knurled nut to tap/glue in....you have to buy the complete internal plastic piece with the nuts already installed........that'll be $150 thanks.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Part # 706200506 106.99

They give me a 15% discount for being a Spyder Ryders of east Texas member so my price was 90.94 plus tax and shipping to my house.
    There is a sensor on each wheel, each of which is used for the ABS, the EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution), and the TCS (Traction Control System). I would say that your speedo reading is coming from the front sensors. (but I can not categorically say that those sensors are where your speedo reading comes from).
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Part # 706200506 106.99

I think the part number is 706200560. Shows $80.24 at Powerhouse Warehouse. Still not bad at $90.94.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I think the part number is 706200560. Shows $80.24 at Powerhouse Warehouse. Still not bad at $90.94.
    David
    Richardson Motorsports is one of our sponsors. They pay for expenses of the group and gave me a lot of free advice and also hooked up the BUDS to it to diagnose the problem without charging me a penny. Going to another supplier would not have been very nice of me. I will pay whatever they charge and say thank you for their help and 15% discount. Our sponsors are why you can be a member of Spyder Ryders without paying dues. They are also providing a meeting room so we can have monthly meetings with free Dunkin Donuts and coffee.
    The bad part is that I missed a Ryde they had yesterday.
    Last edited by AY4B; 03-19-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Not to mention they are one of only a couple of dealers that will install Car tires. I paid only 35 dollars to have them mount and balance my Yokahama S drive but I brought in just the wheel.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Wow, you've got a good dealer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Spyderman View Post
    Wow, you've got a good dealer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a dealer here in Greenville but its worth it to drive a hour to one who will do all that.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Richardson Motorsports is one of our sponsors. They pay for expenses of the group and gave me a lot of free advice and also hooked up the BUDS to it to diagnose the problem without charging me a penny. Going to another supplier would not have been very nice of me. I will pay whatever they charge and say thank you for their help and 15% discount. Our sponsors are why you can be a member of Spyder Ryders without paying dues. They are also providing a meeting room so we can have monthly meetings with free Dunkin Donuts and coffee.
    The bad part is that I missed a Ryde they had yesterday.
    Unfortunately I'm not bless with a good dealer around my area. So I have to go this route. Wasn't saying anything bad about the dealer just pointing out there are ones that take advantage of us. Called my closest dealer just to see if they could get close to Powersports price. I had ordered a total of $24.65 in parts. Their price was $75.00 plus tax.
    David

Spyder Garage

Well I just put in the new sensor cable and everything is good now. Took it for a ride and at first it did not want to shift. then slowly the tranny started working . I was getting some popping from the engine. I just had to blow some cobwebs out. After it running so long in limp mode it had a few built up.
    Thanks everyone for your help!
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi AY4B,

Re: everything is good now.

Always glad to hear a success story; also helps to hold back against the nay-sayers about these machines being maintenance hogs.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi AY4B,

Re: everything is good now.

Always glad to hear a success story; also helps to hold back against the nay-sayers about these machines being maintenance hogs.

Jerry Baumchen
    I went for another ride and really enjoyed getting back on it. I dropped my rear tire pressure to 20 and was monitoring my FOBO screen the whole way noting the temperature. We have a ride coming up on Saturday and everything is a go!
    2017 F3 Limited