Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Dongle and Cable for F3-T / L

Hi Everyone,
    just wanted to pass this warped thought by everyone. As my pea brain was contemplating the F3-T / L over the RT, I thought about the Bluetooth dongle for the RT. I was thinking that there is no reason this should not work on the F3-T / L as well as the RT. My reasoning is that I cant imagine that BRP would use a different radio for the F3-T / L. If its the same radio, therefore the dongle would work, it would only be a matter of where to run the wires.
    Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the matter. I'm thinking the F3 would be a nice addition to the RT, in the future
    As always, thankyou for your time.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Sure should work. Next time you have some panels off. See if the second wiring port, on the radio, is empty, (RDO2). If it is. Then just plug in the same cable that you would use for the RT.

2018 F3 LIMITED

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here
    There are a lot of people on the forum that I purchased F3's and then purchased the SM 10 and cable from me, it works because they call and tell me, it's the same radio system and there's no reason why it shouldn't work unless they change it.
    So that's my story and I'm sticking to it
    ride safe everybody
    motorcycledave.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmiehe View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    just wanted to pass this warped thought by everyone. As my pea brain was contemplating the F3-T / L over the RT, I thought about the Bluetooth dongle for the RT. I was thinking that there is no reason this should not work on the F3-T / L as well as the RT. My reasoning is that I cant imagine that BRP would use a different radio for the F3-T / L. If its the same radio, therefore the dongle would work, it would only be a matter of where to run the wires.
    Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the matter. I'm thinking the F3 would be a nice addition to the RT, in the future
    As always, thankyou for your time.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Dongle

I had the same thought, I don't see why it shouldn't work either. it's to bad BRP did away with the parts diagrams on the owners section, to cross reference the radio part numbers. I guess the only way to know is for somebody to try it.

Spyder Garage

They did not do away with the parts catalog.

Click on "Shop"
    Click on "Parts and Maintenance"
    Click on "Parts"

It will bring you to here: https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/f...ts-iframe.html

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks, could not find it......used to be under the owners section.