Thread: Trunk Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Trunk Rack

Need more storage. Thinking on a trunk rack. See the Show Chrome and the Rivco. Any helpful hints out there??
    Thank you !!

Spyder Garage

Default trunk rack

I have one by Diamond R Accessories on my RT. It is level instead of following the slant of the trunk lid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan T View Post
    I have one by Diamond R Accessories on my RT. It is level instead of following the slant of the trunk lid.
    Thanks, Dan!

Spyder Garage
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I also have the Show Chrome one.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Whichever one you get just be careful how much weight you put in it. The bolts go through pretty thin plastic.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Just a question to anyone that uses their trunk racks......Have you noticed any difference in backdraft when you have your bags on it, especially the flat style? thanks and safe riding!
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Whichever one you get just be careful how much weight you put in it. The bolts go through pretty thin plastic.
    Thanks for the warning!
    You might also need to consider that adding a top rack might affect which covers will still fit over your bike.
    (BRP's won't...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the Rivco and like it a lot. My choice was based on the fact that I have the center brake/turn signal lights from Custom Dynamics so I needed one that wouldn't cover up the lights.

It was very easy to install, looks good, and I've had no funky aerodynamic effects. I have the BBP 1/2 cover and it fits time although I doubt a full cover would work right. I've carried 7 or 8 lbs of shoes and rainsuit gear in it with no issues.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Need more storage. Thinking on a trunk rack. See the Show Chrome and the Rivco. Any helpful hints out there??
    Thank you !!
    We sell and have installed both. We have the Rivco Rack on our own RT. Both are available in either Chrome or Black.
    We tell everyone about 20 lbs weight limit to be safe for either rack.
    We worked with Rivco on the re-design of the original Rack from Custom World. The Rivco Rack is specifically designed for Bag sizes up to and including the Pet Palace.

It really depends on which look you want and what you are using the rack for. I personally like the looks of the Rivco Rack a little better, but we do sell more of the Show Chrome version, mostly because of price.
    The UltraGard CAN-AM Spyder RT Cover will work with either Rack.

Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome....

The show chrome from value accessories is a good value. I've had one for a couple of years now w/o any problems, 10k miles +. As Ann mentioned, don't carry anything heavy on it. 20 lb.'s max, and that could be too much. I carry things on it I need to grab quickly, rain gear, bike cover and so on. Use the blue colored 3M masking tape to cover the trunk lid in the areas where you intend on drilling the mounting holes. It helps to keep the lid from being scratched and allows you to mark the lid for drilling. Adjusting the mounting position is a little tricky. Too far forward and the rack will hit the back rest when the trunk is opened. Too far back and the center of rack will hit the trunk lid. I also ordered the chrome star washers that are supposed to give more support to the plastic trunk lid, but I didn't use them because they didn't match the contour of the trunk lid. They're a good idea but they're flat and the trunk lid is curved. After you drill the first hole the other three are easy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Same rack here, works great
    Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Another vote for the Rivco

A couple reasons made the choice easy for me. I have a special series triple black and wanted to avoid a chrome rack. Also, I wanted a Pet Palace for our small dog. I ordered both from Value Accessories, received it quickly and had it installed the next day (I'm no gear head for sure). Well worth the price, both are excellent quality and the service was superb. http://store.valueaccessories.net/Sp...ggageRack.aspx

fullsizeoutput_2108.jpgfullsizeoutput_20e7.jpg
    2020 Spyder RT Limited in Deep Marsala Dark