Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A*s Wipe

Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default A*s Wipe

So I park in a grocery parking lot and start walking into store. I am about 30ft from my Spyder and old looking Harley dude (long white beard and hair) says to me. "looks like you lost a wheel" I smile and I laugh, yeah funny ha ha. Then he says "yeah that's a car right" "that's what your driving right? a car that lost its wheel" "its not like your riding anything else but a car".

My blood starts to boil a little. I said to him. "if you cant refrain from making a comment, then at least know what your talking about. Its a reverse trike, like a "Harley" Trike only the wheels are reversed but it doesn't brake down on the side of the road as much".

A*s Wipe

Spyder Garage

I would have told him (clean version) it is more comfortable when his singnificant other sits on the tank in a birthday suit and tells me of your inadequacy.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb He, got your goat

If there's a next time. Tell them you'll ride whatever they think you should be on, as long as they're willing to pay for it. With one condition, it has to have a price tag over 35K. That usually works.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Harley designed

From what I've read and heard, the original design of the can am was bought by brp from Harley.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Hmm...I'm sure there are douche nozzle Harley guys out there (like the one you reference above). Thankfully, all of the Harley guys I have encountered on my rides and in parking lots always give me a nod of respect for the Batpod.
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA F3S View Post
    Hmm...I'm sure there are douche nozzle Harley guys out there (like the one you reference above). Thankfully, all of the Harley guys I have encountered on my rides and in parking lots always give me a nod of respect for the Batpod.

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Harley Reverse Trike

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    From what I've read and heard, the original design of the can am was bought by brp from Harley.

Not sure about that but, harley did create this fine looking machine. But, they stopped short of brining it to market. ?

penster-rf.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

Harley did have a reverse trike design but never cashed in on it...their loss our gain cause I don't think it had or would of had all the features we have on the spyder....I never play their game....I simply say " It always gets me where I want to go" and walk away...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

All my encounters with the HD group have been positive except for the comment that it looked like a snowmobile on wheels. It does.

A word of advice--if they are stupid enough to make disparaging comments, I would hesitate to get into any kind of argument. Here in AK most are carrying guns and not afraid to use them.

There was a house party a day ago, where parents were away. 100 plus high school kids. That party ended in a big gunfight with over 30 shots fired--and these are high school students. If the kids have guns, you know the adults have them too.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Not sure about that but, harley did create this fine looking machine. But, they stopped short of brining it to market. ?

penster-rf.jpg
    That is a nice looking Ryde for sure.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Spyder View Post
    I would have told him (clean version) it is more comfortable when his singnificant other sits on the tank in a birthday suit and tells me of your inadequacy.
    I did not call him an A*s Wipe, just was thinking it. And that is the clean version

I just don't understand these sort of comments, I would never make a comment to someone about a bike, car, house, shoes, clothing, tattoo or anything other item someone decided to purchased or ware. What is the point in doing so. Humans are complicated I guess.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 03-15-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I did not call him an A*s Wipe, just was thinking it. And that is the clean version

I just don't understand these sort of comments, I would never make a comment to someone about a bike, car, house, shoes, clothing, tattoo or anything other item someone decided to purchased or ware. What is the point in doing so. Humans are complicated I guess.
    A normal person would not make a smart a--ed comment like that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Holy Crap! We are agreeing on more than just a few things recently. Something must be wrong with the alignment of the planets....

I simply cannot wrap my head around why someone would even care what another person thinks of them, or what they ride.

Spyder Garage

So I park in a grocery parking lot and start walking into store. I am about 30ft from my Spyder and old looking Harley dude (long white beard and hair) says to me. "looks like you lost a wheel" I smile and I laugh, yeah funny ha ha. Then he says "yeah that's a car right" "that's what your driving right? a car that lost its wheel" "its not like your riding anything else but a car".

My blood starts to boil a little. I said to him. "if you cant refrain from making a comment, then at least know what your talking about. Its a reverse trike, like a "Harley" Trike only the wheels are reversed but it doesn't brake down on the side of the road as much".

A*s Wipe

"like a "Harley" Trike only the wheels are reversed but it doesn't brake down on the side of the road as much".

Was recently at a bike show and of course had to check out the Spyder display. As I'm standing there, a guy in full HD regalia, wanders over, walks around an RT, looks around and casually swings a leg over and settles on the seat. He sits there and I can see him relax as he sits back into the comfy seat and rests his hands on the grips. Of course, me being a smart A*s, couldn't resist, so I went over, stood next to him and said, "Do your friends know you're over here and what you're doing?" He looks at me and says, "don't tell anybody, but I'd have me one of these if it only said Harley Davidson on it."

Isn't it sad what that these HD owners continue to ride, albeit uncomfortably, a bike just because it says "Harley Davidson" on it? Meanwhile, I'll ride; comfy, cozy, and relaxed on a Spyder with a big sh*t eatin' grin on my face because I know what they really wanna ride and just don't have the whoo-haas to do it.........

He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

An old Harley dude? Bet he can't keep up with your three wheeled "car"! Even the young Harley boys can't keep up with mine!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why do you all get your panties in a bunch when someone teases you about riding a Spyder? Why would you even care?

I have both a Spyder and a Harley (as well as a few others). I've been teased on both and tease others to. Laugh and ride on. Ride what you want to ride, but why take it so personally? Life is WAY to short to care...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DrewNJ; 03-15-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Why do you all get your panties in a ball when someone teases you about riding a Spyder? Why would you even care?

I have both a Spyder and a Harley (as well as a few others). I've been teased on both and tease others to. Laugh and ride on. Ride what you want to ride, but why take it so personally? Life is WAY to short to care...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Guess it is the same reason why some bikers cant refrain from making comments. When someone is yelling across two rows of cars to "tease" you, it fails to be funny. I did laugh it off but when he persisted, yelling out 5 comments I ran out of cheeks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guess it is the same reason why some bikers cant refrain from making comments. When someone is yelling across two rows of cars to "tease" you, it fails to be funny. I did laugh it off but when he persisted, yelling out 5 comments I ran out of cheeks.
    When you feed the trolls of aggression you lose...instantly. Better to just ride on and not take it personally. Thicker skin. Or be quicker witted and be able to dish it out x10. Sometimes that's fun too.
    I make fun of RT riders from time to time because most of them are OLD and slow. While it is most often true, it isn't meant as a personal attack. It's just a bit of poking fun as we all share the same sport.
    I have to be honest though, most Spyder riders are right up there with BMW riders as for getting all tweaked when someone pokes fun of their ride. Just relax and ride on, it's all good.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brand Is Not Important.jpg

But the ones that I REALLY like to stick it to, are the Poseurs!

Poseur.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=DrewNJ
    I have to be honest though, most Spyder riders are right up there with BMW riders as for getting all tweaked when someone pokes fun of their ride. Just relax and ride on, it's all good.[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree. I can take a lot of ribbing, I have owned a 50cc scooter for years and still do. You build up a very thick skin riding one of those. Everyone hates you. Its not a win or loose situation. This guy wanted a comment from me and I gave him one. He had nothing to say after that.

Spyder Garage

Default I wonder..

If he looked like a Harley dude, was he in fact one. I have met my fair share of riders..of all shapes and sizes. First street bike I ever rode was a Harley. But personally, I would have asked what he rode, then tried to point out the uniqueness of my GS. Then I probably would have pointed out that I ride it because of my disability, the fact that I have met a great group of people who ride all sorts of bikes that have no issue with what I ride. Also that my registration says "MOT" and thats what it is..a motorcycle. As well as that BRP/Can Am helps out the Road Warriors who have been providing great men and women the ability to travel across this great country, the same country they fought for, and through BRP's generosity they can do so.
    That usually leads to conversations about years riding, different bikes, places traveled etc. BUT, there are some who just dont get it..never will get it..and that, that is sad.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Some people have ZERO sense of humor. Glad some of you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What an old dude with More Riding Experience than you would ever know come over to ruffle your feathers. And u call him the asswipe ! How dare you sir. This guy was probably a Vet. that sore of our way of saying Welcome !
    I Drive / Ride both ! 2006 Road Glide, the days I can walk !!
    2014 Cam Am cognac Full dress with trailer. The Days I Can not walk thanks to my Va !
    I've seen Spyder riders who cannot even Wave at Anyone
    Because you're too scared to take their hands off the handlebars. Lol. Tell u the Truth.
    I ❤️ my Harley over my Spyder !
    So I gave it my Old Lady so she could enjoy the Freedom of the
    Open Road [emoji4][emoji4]

Spyder Garage

Default Just another vet here

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1330 View Post
    What an old dude with More Riding Experience than you would ever know come over to ruffle your feathers. And u call him the asswipe ! How dare you sir. This guy was probably a Vet. that sore of our way of saying Welcome !
    I Drive / Ride both ! 2006 Road Glide, the days I can walk !!
    2014 Cam Am cognac Full dress with trailer. The Days I Can not walk thanks to my Va !
    I've seen Spyder riders who cannot even Wave at Anyone
    Because you're too scared to take their hands off the handlebars. Lol. Tell u the Truth.
    I ❤️ my Harley over my Spyder !
    So I gave it my Old Lady so she could enjoy the Freedom of the
    Open Road [emoji4][emoji4]

There are lots of assupmtions in your post.

Perhaps ya had to be there to really have a sense of what went down.